Nerf the Mirage Daze spam

This is actually out of control, the amount of dazes mirage posesses is completely broken and utterly stupid to have in this game. You get stunned, you stunbreak, you instantly get stunned again and you're now not able to move or use a skill for the next 10 seconds. Theres literally nothing more annoying in this game than this. Fix it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Snellibee.2761 said:This is actually out of control, the amount of dazes mirage posesses is completely broken and utterly stupid to have in this game. You get stunned, you stunbreak, you instantly get stunned again and you're now not able to move or use a skill for the next 10 seconds. Theres literally nothing more annoying in this game than this. Fix it.

You'll be waiting for a very long time before anything get done about mantra spam and when that happens...mesmers will come up with something more broken or of similar caliber, devs will always leave room to grow for the class. It's the brainchild of Anet with several devs playing it...mesmer will never be UP

@Snellibee.2761 said:This is actually out of control, the amount of dazes mirage posesses is completely broken and utterly stupid to have in this game. You get stunned, you stunbreak, you instantly get stunned again and you're now not able to move or use a skill for the next 10 seconds. Theres literally nothing more annoying in this game than this. Fix it..You get stunnedyou stunbreakyou instantly get stunned

Hint : after stunbreak don't spam skills mindlessly.

To OP: mesmer always had diversion, pistol stun, daze mantra, staff 5 and immobilize trait. It was a meme before, now it's the best condi mirage build. This by itself should give you the idea, meme build became best without buffs.

@Arheundel.6451 said:You'll be waiting for a very long time before anything get done about mantra spam and when that happens...mesmers will come up with something more broken or of similar caliber, devs will always leave room to grow for the class. It's the brainchild of Anet with several devs playing it...mesmer will never be UP

I won't say the two holosmith and deadeye main devs who communicate with us the most (holo got buffed a lot recently) are biased, but mesmer is one of the most nerfed classes.

@viquing.8254 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:This is actually out of control, the amount of dazes mirage posesses is completely broken and utterly stupid to have in this game. You get stunned, you stunbreak, you instantly get stunned again and you're now not able to move or use a skill for the next 10 seconds. Theres literally nothing more annoying in this game than this. Fix it..You get stunnedyou stunbreakyou instantly get stunned

Hint : after stunbreak don't spam skills mindlessly.

Sure I'll just not use any skill for 10 seconds that's great engaging gameplay thanks for the info

@Tayga.3192 said:To OP: mesmer always had diversion, pistol stun, daze mantra, staff 5 and immobilize trait. It was a meme before, now it's the best condi mirage build. This by itself should give you the idea, meme build became best without buffs.

@Arheundel.6451 said:You'll be waiting for a very long time before anything get done about mantra spam and when that happens...mesmers will come up with something more broken or of similar caliber, devs will always leave room to grow for the class. It's the brainchild of Anet with several devs playing it...mesmer will never be UP

I won't say the two holosmith and deadeye main devs who communicate with us the most (holo got buffed a lot recently) are biased, but mesmer is one of the most nerfed classes.

The stun duration etc got buffed when they nerfed condi mesmer

@"Snellibee.2761" said:The stun duration etc got buffed when they nerfed condi mesmer

They just made an adept trait (Confounding Suggestions) baseline for only some skills. It used to increase all stun duration by 25% and all daze duration by 50%. So the "buff" you are talking about is a nerf for skills like Signet of Domination and staff 5.

The quantity of dazes is fine, the traits that proc off it can be a problem. If CI is the issue compared to something like Power Block, that's a bit telling isn't it? Even if Power Block was functioning properly we wouldn't see this much attention to dazes.

I think the issue is immobilize. Which I would be in favor of turning down, but the amount of stability in the game needs to drop with it.

@Daishi.6027 said:The quantity of dazes is fine, the traits that proc off it can be a problem. If CI is the issue compared to something like Power Block, that's a bit telling isn't it? Even if Power Block was functioning properly we wouldn't see this much attention to dazes.

I think the issue is immobilize. Which I would be in favor of turning down, but the amount of stability in the game needs to drop with it.

ye, the guaranteed 3s immob is the main issue with that trait.It makes the matchup very frustrating for any melee spec.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:I think the issue is immobilize. Which I would be in favor of turning down, but the amount of stability in the game needs to drop with it.

Immobilize is not affected by Stability though.

The point is to not deter dazes and interupts which inflict the immobilize. If we turn down the problematic part (imob), the other should be turned down as well (stab).

Game really has to much stability on a whole as it is anyways, so personally I think the imob on CI and the stability is turned down were reduced we'd see a healthier change, while leaving daze and interrupts as they are.

@Simonoly.4352 said:I only really have sympathy for Necros in this regard. A Mesmer build focusing on interrupts is a tough matchup in a 1v1 scenario. But otherwise, there's so much stability - much of it now pulsing - that much of a Mesmer's short dazes can be ignored.

Necro is in an odd spot right now. Every class has it's strengths and weaknesses, checks and balances. In the case of necro, it is apparently supposed to be weak against cc and dueling, but very strong at point control and AoE damage. Technically if necros would be able to frequently win against roaming type builds, it would be OP as those roaming classes aren't going to have the necro's strengths of point control and AoE. However, the problem with necro right now IMO is that it is far too heavily reliant on other classes like Firebrand. If this strong reliance was broken up or segmented a bit, there would theoretically be more room for more 'solo oriented' buffs like cc negation. Of course, cc would still be their weak spot, but it could at least then be better.

Just curious how all people who complain about immobilize on rupt manage things like :

Just to name a few of other nearly instant immobilize.Like how did you survive versus them ?

It is beyond me how someone thought buffing a lot of mesmer cc durations was a good idea in the last balance patch.Magic Bullet: Stun duration for this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.Mantra of Distraction: Daze time for this skill has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.But this is what we should expect from a company than doesnt test anything and doesnt know a thing about their competitive gamemodes.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:It is beyond me how someone thought buffing a lot of mesmer cc durations was a good idea in the last balance patch.Magic Bullet: Stun duration for this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.Mantra of Distraction: Daze time for this skill has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.But this is what we should expect from a company than doesnt test anything and doesnt know a thing about their competitive gamemodes.

This was due to the change to confounding suggestions in case you don't know, but lets be real here,even if ANYTHING on mesmer was buffed from 2 sec to 2.0000000000000000000001 sec, you would still complain

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:It is beyond me how someone thought buffing a lot of mesmer cc durations was a good idea in the last balance patch.

I just explained it.

@"Tayga.3192" said:They just made an adept trait (Confounding Suggestions) baseline for only some skills. It used to increase all stun duration by 25% and all daze duration by 50%. So the "buff" you are talking about is a nerf for skills like Signet of Domination and staff 5.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:It is beyond me how someone thought buffing a lot of mesmer cc durations was a good idea in the last balance patch.

I just explained it.

@Tayga.3192 said:They just made an adept trait (Confounding Suggestions) baseline for only some skills. It used to increase all stun duration by 25% and all daze duration by 50%. So the "buff" you are talking about is a nerf for skills like Signet of Domination and staff 5.

except instead of relying on a trait for cc duration everything is just power-crept forward. People rarely used the stun signet and pulsing daze is already powerful enough regardless of duration.

@"viquing.8254" said:Just curious how all people who complain about immobilize on rupt manage things like :

Just to name a few of other nearly instant immobilize.Like how did you survive versus them ?

Because they can be countered and are not spammable - thief has initiative attrition and also takes a big risk at these moves something the mirage is unaware of.

@"viquing.8254" said:Just curious how all people who complain about immobilize on rupt manage things like :

the main difference with those to CI on the scepter/pistol + Staff mirage is, that those skills (with the exception of one) require you to be close to the target and therefore being susceptible to counterpressure.

Panic strike and IS proc in melee, which means you can still land some dmg onto the thief.Whereas getting a 3s immob from 900-1200 range is far more annoying ....at least as a melee.

And then we have Binding Shadow ....which yes....is also overtuned as hell and - if I had my way - would also get the hammer.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

Because they can be countered and are not spammable - thief has initiative attrition and also takes a big risk at these moves something the mirage is unaware of.

The daze aren't spammable either. They come from F3, two dodges, and two mantras of distraction. Excepted for mantras, the rest are "predictable". A clone (or more) walks towards you? Soft CC/LoS/distance it. If you see a sword ambush series coming towards you, just dodge.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

What are you talking about? Thief replenishes initiative 1 every second. Infiltrator's strike uses 3 initiative out of a pool of 12. Mantra of distraction has 2 dazes every 14 1/4 sec with the 2.25 sec activation time that is 'apparently' too short for you to interrupt. You can do the math yourself.The comparison is ridiculously strong in thief's favor.No amount of complaining is going to change that.Numbers don't lie.