Should kills award more WXP?

Wxp from player kills are between 0-60 depending on how long that person has been alive/killed. If you kill someone often diminishing returns kicks in and you get 0 wxp from them. So yes you can get the title way before you get higher ranks, zergs use to farm each other in Obsidian sanctum for the title.

WXP is something i hate the most in WvW and it is the reason why i don't spend much time in it.There are situations in WvW when two full servers end up in deadlock fight over some Keep or Castle, and this is the reason why player could lose so much WXP. You will get more WXP running around alone, capturing sentry and camps, compare to deadlock battles and WXP from kills, which is so low.

I would be happy if certain amount of WXP will be given for participation aswell, alongside with pips.

It probably depends a lot on style of play. Following a blob around and dropping aoes is a great recipe for a lot more kills than xp, while thousands of hours of solo roaming have left me with far fewer kills and far more xp compared to the OP's example . . .

This reminds me of the disagreements that arose around participation when anet introduced the pip system, with some players arguing that higher levels of activity should be rewarded more highly than merely 'participating' at the minimum level. The response was that activity was already a rewarded behavior and the new system was designed to reward participation, not activity. I'd say the same holds true here. WvW offers a lot of rewards -- tracks, wxp, loot, karma, etc. -- and there is no reason for any one wvw activity to present all of those rewards at a higher level than all the other available activities . . .

If you are seeking a particular rewards, you would be best served by identifying which activities distribute that reward most efficiently and then pursue those activities. Alternatively, you could just pursue the activities you most enjoy and then enjoy the rewards that follow, which you are likely to find more rewarding in the long term :)

Just if you happen to reside at a server that prefers bag farming to capturing points, and doing nothing but capping gets boring too, you should still rank up in WvW. I wouldn't mind significant WXP being given with participation or kills, but it's got to come from SOMEWHERE other than capturing points.

@neven.3785 said:I agree with the abov, wxp should be divided amongst those who tagged folks

But healers.... :cry:

@Aeon.4583 said:WXP is something i hate the most in WvW and it is the reason why i don't spend much time in it.There are situations in WvW when two full servers end up in deadlock fight over some Keep or Castle, and this is the reason why player could lose so much WXP. You will get more WXP running around alone, capturing sentry and camps, compare to deadlock battles and WXP from kills, which is so low.

Maybe that was intentional?

Players who PPT empty towers will get no bags or any progress on certain achievements.Player who PPK only will take longer to achieve ranks and complete other WvW achievements.

It's almost as if players who engage in BOTH might see the most rewards? Almost as if ANET is trying to encourage players to diversify their activity in this game. Amazing so many players, including some in this very thread, are too thick to see it.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It's almost as if players who engage in BOTH might see the most rewards? Almost as if ANET is trying to encourage players to diversify their activity in this game. Amazing so many players, including some in this very thread, are too thick to see it.

Someone who speaks my language!

I am not of the opinion that kills should award more WxP (and once you've all your skills filled what do you need those xp for anyway?) - this event makes me think however, that everything in WvW should award more base xp.Or, hell, maybe generally better rewards. More comparable to PvE rewards! How about it, ArenaNet?

Yeah, I meant WXP. It's a PITA to get even with the bonuses on. I can't imagine running without boosts and all that. Because kill rewards for wxp are so low you are forced into flipping camps/towers/keeps/etc. as well if you want to level. The point of gaining levels wxp-wise would be to get more skirmish tickets in fewer number of play time hours. It's ridiculous as it is. Unless you LOVE playing WvW already, I don't see how someone would be encouraged to give it a chance because getting anywhere seems so daunting/impossible.

@Sapphic Savvy.8376 said:Yeah, I meant WXP. It's a PITA to get even with the bonuses on. I can't imagine running without boosts and all that. Because kill rewards for wxp are so low you are forced into flipping camps/towers/keeps/etc. as well if you want to level. The point of gaining levels wxp-wise would be to get more skirmish tickets in fewer number of play time hours. It's ridiculous as it is. Unless you LOVE playing WvW already, I don't see how someone would be encouraged to give it a chance because getting anywhere seems so daunting/impossible.

Despite popular belief and Anet's effort, WvW is one of the few places in this game that shouldn't be a boring repeatable experience where people do always the same thing to get the same things like in fractals and raids.Just because its funNot because you feel forced to do it everyday to get a daily

maybe player kill WXP gain be adjusted relative to the rank differences? cos right now the rank title pretty much means nothing

• lower rank title killing higher rank title gain more WXP
  • same rank title kill gives you regular WXP
  • higher rank title killing lower rank title gain less WXP
  • bonus WXP for killing a squad commander (must have a minimum squad size for it to trigger)

I don't know if it was a bug or not, but during Warclaw launch while grinding for ranks to max out Warclaw, it was during a zerg fight that I got a hit on a scrapper, and when that scrapper died he instantly boosted me multiple ranks (forgot, think it was about 7?); my rank bar was just a bit over 50% full, and the only WXP modifiers I had on were Call of War and Experience Booster

@crepuscular.9047 said:maybe player kill WXP gain be adjusted relative to the rank differences? cos right now the rank title pretty much means nothing

• bonus WXP for killing a squad commander (must have a minimum squad size for it to trigger)I would point out that this basically punishes veteran players, but since 90% of noob ranks are actually vets on alt accounts I guess it would be fair . . ?

I don't know if it was a bug or not, but during Warclaw launch while grinding for ranks to max out Warclaw, it was during a zerg fight that I got a hit on a scrapper, and when that scrapper died he instantly boosted me multiple ranks (forgot, think it was about 7?); my rank bar was just a bit over 50% full, and the only WXP modifiers I had on were Call of War and Experience Booster

This is the product of an autoconsume loot item that can drop from kills, in 250, 2500 and 25k varieties, iirc. It can also drop from the wvw box of supplies, since that includes the results of two kills . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:maybe player kill WXP gain be adjusted relative to the rank differences? cos right now the rank title pretty much means nothing
  • bonus WXP for killing a squad commander (must have a minimum squad size for it to trigger)I would point out that this basically punishes veteran players, but since 90% of noob ranks are actually vets on alt accounts I guess it would be fair . . ?

well, as the saying goes, the higher you go the lonelier you become, but if there are more people up there it becomes good in the long run... and by boosting them it gives the vet more of a reason to stay in wvw, it will promote competition(?), to continuously stay ahead the rest of the pack

a bit like racing sims, those at the end of the pack would be a boost to try to catch up with the rest of the pack

anet can always place caps on either end of the spectrum

This is the product of an autoconsume loot item that can drop from kills, in 250, 2500 and 25k varieties, iirc. It can also drop from the wvw box of supplies, since that includes the results of two kills . . .

oh? thought these consumables only drop from Box of WvW Supplies

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Gop.8713 said:This is the product of an autoconsume loot item that can drop from kills, in 250, 2500 and 25k varieties, iirc. It can also drop from the wvw box of supplies, since that includes the results of two kills . . .

No the reason it can drop from the box of supplies is that the box contains the equivalent of two kills, among other things, so it has the chance to drop that xp bonus as body loot. The xp bonus can also drop from rank up rewards . . .

@Sapphic Savvy.8376 said:Yeah, I meant WXP. It's a PITA to get even with the bonuses on.

I mean anyone, myself included, who isn't at max rank, would obviously love to gain WXP faster. But this is something that the devs plan out; they know how quickly we should be gaining levels for a healthy game. These decisions aren't made arbitrarily.

That said, we are seeing more and more double XP events, so maybe they are acknowledging that newer players, at least, appreciate a bump.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:This is the product of an autoconsume loot item that can drop from kills, in 250, 2500 and 25k varieties, iirc. It can also drop from the wvw box of supplies, since that includes the results of two kills . . .

No the reason it can drop from the box of supplies is that the box contains the equivalent of two kills, among other things, so it has the chance to drop that xp bonus as body loot. The xp bonus can also drop from rank up rewards . . .

Used to be consumables stacking in your bags but after a patch they became auto consume