Your favourite story Character - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Your favourite story Character

2>

Comments

• Torolan.5816Torolan.5816 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

From Bottom to top:
    10. Zojja. I spend years not knowing who she is, my first impression of her was a snarky know it all who was bitter because of loss. Not a good start, neither did something interesting happen with her lately. The character most away from me being worried about or invested in.
    9. Caithe. The most irresponsible and immature elder of a race I have ever seen, a sister murderer on top of that. I found it to be pretty bogus how our character just forgots how she nearly doomed Tyria.
    8. Rhytlock. The same type of secret bearer as Caithe, I feel totally umsympathetic for his supposed antihero antics. Terrible, unattentive father.
    7. Logan. I always thought of Logan as a terrible friend and a loveblinded potential traitor, but recent events made me feel a little bit sorry for the guy.
    6. Taimi. Terrible Mary Sue character. Is only that high on my list because she scores some sympathy points with me for being a disabled child and saddled with a moron of a superior.
    5. Braham. Lost his mom but found his balls, good for him. Pretty neutral on him, but would rather choose his side than ally with Caithe again.
    4. Rox. Although pretty bland, I have sympathy for her because of her father.
    3. Marjory. Was initially a fan, but this strange behavior lately has cooled my interest in her rapidly.
    2. Kasmeer. Has an interesting background.
    1. Canach. A reformed criminal who finally broke free of the debt to the government, also voctimized by Asura. I like him.

Eir would have been nr. 2 and Trahearne nr. 3 if they had been included.

• PopeUrban.2578PopeUrban.2578 Member ✭✭✭

Riot Alice is not on this poll. Your poll is invalid and I refuse to participate.

All the perks, none of the responsibilities.
    PopeUrban - The Papacy [POPE]
    Dude in Charge, Chief Financier, and Cave-Polisher
    It's really just a club for lazy people! Join today and get big-guild services with no-guild schedules!

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rytlock Brimstone

@PopeUrban.2578 said:
    Riot Alice is not on this poll. Your poll is invalid and I refuse to participate.

Then do what Riot Alice would do. Make your own poll, with explosions! :)
    10/10 would dump Kasmeer for Riot Alice.
    And swap Braham out for that Norn guy who's always in prison, even if he's not actually a bear.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• crosknight.3041crosknight.3041 Member ✭✭✭
    Taimi

Taimi is always fun to interact with. really dislike jory and kasmeer since it always feels like they are being shoved into the spotlight. they also ruined braham with his edgyness in LS3-3. i also feel like they barely do anything with rox. Canach at first i felt was edgy but he did grow on me the more we spent with him.

• PopeUrban.2578PopeUrban.2578 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

Then do what Riot Alice would do. Make your own poll, with explosions! :)
    10/10 would dump Kasmeer for Riot Alice.
    And swap Braham out for that Norn guy who's always in prison, even if he's not actually a bear.

I wanna swap braham out for one of those snowball throwing kids that do nothing but annoy their dad while he's trying to make dinner. Those kids would be down for whatever and their dad would be proud of whatever they did because he's Norn and they're building their legend.

All the perks, none of the responsibilities.
    PopeUrban - The Papacy [POPE]
    Dude in Charge, Chief Financier, and Cave-Polisher
    It's really just a club for lazy people! Join today and get big-guild services with no-guild schedules!

• Myrdreth.6829Myrdreth.6829 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

@Shadowresli.3782 said:
    all, exept braham, he's such a crybaby.
    the banter between canach and rytlock in pof is priceless

but as others said, my favorite appledealer isn't on the list

Appledealer....noooo, don't remind meee ;_;
    He was such a sweetheart! sob

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Canach

I voted, but obviously there is only one character above all the others

PRAISE BE TO JOKO! TAMER OF ZHAITAN! CRUSHER OF MORDREMOTH!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Lunarlife.5128Lunarlife.5128 Member ✭✭✭
    Taimi

Taimi. She's tiny.

• pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Canach

Since my Lord and Savior Palawa Joko wasn't a choice (Praise Joko!)... I went with Canach.

p.s. I am surprised Canach is not around 98% with Taimi in a not-even-close second. :D

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Canach

@Randulf.7614 said:

@pah.4931 said:
    Since my Lord and Savior Palawa Joko wasn't a choice (Praise Joko!)... I went with Canach.

p.s. I am surprised Canach is not around 98% with Taimi in a not-even-close second. :D

You didn't read well the thread description.
    Your words hurt me :pensive:

• Bish.8627Bish.8627 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Canach

Canach, simply because he kind of reminds of of Geralt of Rivia, his gruff observations are the best dialogue since HoT.

I very much like him telling a non Sylvari commander how he won't turn on them, the racial undertones during that dialogue was amazing.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Canach

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@pah.4931 said:

You didn't read well the thread description.
    Your words hurt me :pensive:

I read it at the top, you just didn't praise Him loud enough so it required repeating

PRAISE JOKO!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• AegisRunestone.8672AegisRunestone.8672 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

I can't really choose. I like Taimi a lot, though, my asura has a bit of ego-complex herself and doesn't like being outdone by a progeny. (Vini got 5.0 GPA and Highest honors in the College of Synergetics)
    Love Rytlock.
    Love Canach.
    Love Logan.
    Love Zojja.

Sorry, I can't pick. :S

The Assassin of Rata Sum
    Proud Member of Wards of the Mists [WARD]
  • TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Zojja

@DearlyMe.5320 said:
    We need to know Zojja's state. She's been out for two ingame years. When we found her, my heart shattered at her condition. I'm wondering if she's blind and that's why we haven't seen her. She said she couldn't see if you rescue her first.

We won't know until the PC actually visits her or sees her like we did Logan. Beyond that, all we can do is speculate, which sucks because having nothing to work with but speculation and hearsay (Episode 1 of Living World Season 3) is not good storytelling, not to mention the way they left that particular story hanging is BS.

Yes, I'm super-frustrated with how Anet has handled Zojja and her (speculative) condition. :T

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

• Rytlock Brimstone

@Mea.5491 said:

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:
    Ugh, I cannot STAND Sieran. WAY too cheerful.

What are you, emo?

No, not really lol, I just have an issue with overly cheerful people in general. Makes me think they're faking it in other areas of their lives.

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• Taimi

if you didn't pick taimi you're wrong.

• Hana.8143Hana.8143 Member ✭✭✭
    Taimi

I like Canach too, he’s so funny.
    But Taimi is also funny, and the way she deals with superiors is hilarious !
    That Phlunt is just not smart enough for that young little asura :D

• Rytlock Brimstone

Voted Rytlock but really it should be Tybalt

Never forget

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Taimi

I mean, that poll was TOO easy.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Canach

It was a toss up between Logan and Canach, but POF really edged Canach into the lead.

• DearlyMe.5320DearlyMe.5320 Member ✭✭✭
    Caithe

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:
    We won't know until the PC actually visits her or sees her like we did Logan. Beyond that, all we can do is speculate, which sucks because having nothing to work with but speculation and hearsay (Episode 1 of Living World Season 3) is not good storytelling, not to mention the way they left that particular story hanging is BS.

Yes, I'm super-frustrated with how Anet has handled Zojja and her (speculative) condition. :T

Exactly. I wanted to smack those two asura so bad. NPC gossip is not enough. I like it for the sole reason it adds something extra to the world. I imagine there are quite a few asura enjoying her fall from grace. But it's still not how you tie up loose ends unless you have some very good reason why. That's what annoys me most about PoF. I was hoping to learn something after her year of recovering.

Mains :: Gwenyna (Sylvari Chronomancer) and Nyniendha (Sylvari Reaper)
    7 Sylvari | 7 Asura | 3 Norn | 3 Human | 3 Charr
    https://dearlyme.tumblr.com/

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017
    Taimi

@Fantasy.5321 said:
    Taimi. <3 But I also like Canach. And Magister Sieran from the "original" personal story.

Heh, also my favourite 3 characters in this order!
    1. Taimi
    2. Sieran
    3. Canach

:D Cherry!

(also Gixx's dialogue with Sieran always cracks me up)

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Chadramar.8156Chadramar.8156 Member ✭✭✭
    Caithe

Caithe, Canach, Rytlock, in that order. I don't care one way or another about Zojja, Rox or Logan, though finally getting away from "JENNAH!!!" this "JENNAH!!!" that can only be good for him, provided it sticks and he actually puts the Pact first now. And I actively have varying levels of dislike for the rest, especially Taimi and Braham.

• Canach

Canach definitely, he's the only character nowadays that doesn't either bore or annoy me. Instead, he makes me laugh and wish I could be friends with him irl. He needs more dialogue!!

• CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Canach

Canach, because of his entire attitude. Taimi comes close, but the "invisible genius" thing they've done to her for the episodes after HoT has become annoying.

Praise delta!

• Canach

my boy canach

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anise ?

I can't be alone in this enigma of a character.

• Nihevil.8024Nihevil.8024 Member ✭✭✭

Where's the option for our God King Palawa Joko?

Praise Joko!

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.