@arenanet Will you do something about bots in PvP?

Macuk.4789

This is getting out of hand, bots are just everywhere. I play around gold 3 - platinum 1 and in 1 of 4 games there are bots. Arenanet I didnt bought this game to play offline rpg, I am here for the team game the strategy the thrill when winning with real persons and becoming friends with them. PvP gonna die like this in no more than 6 months, and a game without PvP is just a ticking clock. I know the player base is not big in PvP but still I would rather wait 10 minutes for a game without bots.Make some effort ffs

Arenanet are aware of their existence but they are not going after them because people dont complain enough, and bots are keeping the PvP mode alive so I guess arenanet looks on bots as an asset. The solution is very simple actually. An avarage player will play around 300 games per season, a hardcore PvP player I think can play up to 700 games. Make maximum games available at 800. Bots won't find grinding in PvP attractive anymore

@Mbelch.9028 said:I do like the idea of max games per season as a way to combat the bots. But I also think algorithms could be implemented to combat them.As IF they would care... How is on the earth a person with 3.000 (I swaer I have seen 5000 games but I dont have a screenshot, so i'm not sure) per SEASON is a real HUMAN?! Damn thats just impossible, all of these bots are were in range of 2000-2500 AP. ALL OF THEM. And these who were offline,I couldnt check. I had an idea to contact Ben in discord but after I seen the same bot names I have lost faith in Anet completely.

• 2 years later...

yeah except that now theres wintrading to! i have reported the same person over 20 times  same guild as the other 2 on enemy team dancing in the launch room makeing our team fight 5v4 or 5v3 ive seen 4 members of the same guild be in the same match,,or blatent ftp account with no guild tag just standing abouve watching our team be handicaped with 1 less person..

On 7/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, Macuk.4789 said:

This is getting out of hand, bots are just everywhere. I play around gold 3 - platinum 1 and in 1 of 4 games there are bots. Arenanet I didnt bought this game to play offline rpg, I am here for the team game the strategy the thrill when winning with real persons and becoming friends with them. PvP gonna die like this in no more than 6 months, and a game without PvP is just a ticking clock. I know the player base is not big in PvP but still I would rather wait 10 minutes for a game without bots.Make some effort kitten

I just getting madder and madder. I bought chiv 2 today. Had so much fan. I will be playing both. But the difference is stark