I need answers.

FXLEACH.9436

When I'm roaming on my zerk weaver with sword/dagger, I can barely land my attacks on players. My ping is generally around 220 and I'm right on top of the enemy players - they're not dodging or using evasion or blocking. I note that the range of the auto attack for the sword in most skills is like 130 range or w/e - but it still seems like it's just missing. The attacks, auto attacks, are incredibly flashy and look amazing, but I'm going no damage, I'm not hitting AT ALL.

This is not how it works for most of the other classes I play as melee and close combat.

Have you tried it on PvE? Or you can try enabling the Melee assist mode and run straight to your target while spamming auto attacks. If the game automatically stops you from moving then you're in the ideal range. If you still deal no damage then you might be lagging or there's really something wrong with sword. I haven't noticed anything like that though (I last played the other day).

On another note, do you guys think it would be too imbalanced if the natural range for sword was like Holosmith's Photon Forge mode auto attacks(240)?

@Kyon.9735 said:

@FXLEACH.9436 said:My ping is generally around 220

Well there's your problem ¯\
(ツ)

He said he didn't have that kind of problems in other classes though.

Other classes don't need to hit as many buttons in a short timeframe to land attacks as elementalists do, therefore they aren't hindered as much by a high ping. Also sword has extremely tiny range, if you play another class with like a ranged weapon, ping won't matter much for range checks unless the enemy is extremely far away.

@FXLEACH.9436 said:Yeah I'm guessing it's the ping + tiny range.... Such a shame.

I add the long cast time to your list of problems, most classes with that tiny range have faster attacks which result in you being able to hit before the other player inches away from you, fully negating your attack.

Default movement speed is about 300 per second. 220 ping means people can move at least 60 units (more if they have speed buff or supperspeed). If the hit check requires a network round trip, it may even double the distance to 120 units.

So if you're thinking you're hitting the opponent with your sword (130 range) you're not hitting at all. With the slow cast time, it's even worse.

it's because the auto attacks take a ridiculous 3/4 of a second (750 MS) which is just a stupid amount of time for an auto attack. rangers sword is 1/2, warriors sword, 1/2, engineer's sword 1/2, thief sword 1/2, everybody elses 1h sword auto attacks are 1/2 second. MOST 2H WEAPONS ARE 1/2 but for some reason weaver is slow. it wouldnt even be imbalanced if weavers auto attacks were 1/4. but they should be at least 1/2

Archived