PVE nerfs for sake of PVP

Latinkuro.9420

I haven't posted on here for years, for obvious reasons wink wink.

All I want to say is:

All balance changes made to PVE for the sake of PVP balance should be reversed, and skills properly split between game modes.

I know the dev's did start doing this, fairly recently.But they haven't yet reversed the worse offender changes that got people really really mad before they decided to start splitting skills between game modes.

From my REV's POV:

I would like my sword direct power damage build back to where it was before it got nerfd to the ground.

I'm not sure yet which is more annoying... the fact that they were (and still do to some extent) nerfing PvE for the sake of PvP... or the fact that they for some reason keep insisting on rolling out every buff to PvP only for a month or two before deciding if the buff should maybe be rolled out to PvE as well...

I would argue the bigger problem is the disparity in PvE combat to PvP combat. A large number of issues would be easier to deal with if the AI and Mob skills operated closer to how players operate, and would cut down on the number of heavily marginalized skills due to lack of situational relevance. Case in point, both Torment and Confusion severely under-performed in PvE, because there was next to no situation where mobs would trigger it enough to matter.

For all the Grief people gave the HOT mobs, they actually were a step in the right direction for encouraging strategic play, and getting better mileage out of the various CCs we had on tap.

Archived