QoL : Switching Characters on the map

jaif.3518

Please let us change characters on the map, or even while queued! Sometimes I'm on my roaming character, things heat up, and now I'll have to lose my position on the map just to get my zerg character. Or maybe I'm queued up, and want to PvE with another character while I wait.

-Jeff

@jaif.3518 said:Please let us change characters on the map, or even while queued! Sometimes I'm on my roaming character, things heat up, and now I'll have to lose my position on the map just to get my zerg character. Or maybe I'm queued up, and want to PvE with another character while I wait.

-Jeff

Wait, I thought WvW was dead and there are no queues?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@jaif.3518 said:Please let us change characters on the map, or even while queued! Sometimes I'm on my roaming character, things heat up, and now I'll have to lose my position on the map just to get my zerg character. Or maybe I'm queued up, and want to PvE with another character while I wait.

-Jeff

Wait, I thought WvW was dead and there are no queues?

You would be surprised at how many things you think are true are in reality false.

@ OP strongly think this is a technical limitation, but it would be great if you could freely swap characters.

Also worth noting is if you zone out, you have to wait again for the next pip window. Minor irritation, but still an irritant

Honestly, people should have to wait in que. If you can already overflow the map, and decide you need/want to play something else (regardless of reason), you should have to go to the end of the line. If server transfers never existed maybe this could be changed, but with all these "fight" guilds constantly jumping to links within a day of relinks happening so they can create a superstack, yeah, they should have to wait in que to change characters.