Why is this a thing for mesmers?

The Ace.9105

Did anet think anything when they reworked mesmer? This is the reason everyone complains about the class and for a good reason. There's no way to see anything in combat against mesmers in this state.

Mn7SLf0.jpg

There's 12 targets and most of them are evading also. My skills hit only 5 targets.

@Chiral.8915 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I had my pitchfork ready, but isn't this you versus 2 mesmers?

I see Naff the Harpist and Kronno.

Pitchfork stowed.

it appears to be so, tho its impossible to tell in combat especially when the models are all invisible.

Tho 1 mesmer can still summon around 8 targets.

Really? 8 targets? please tell me how

Also don't know about 8, but 6 is definitely a lot anyway.

@Chiral.8915 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I had my pitchfork ready, but isn't this you versus 2 mesmers?

Pitchfork stowed.

it appears to be so, tho its impossible to tell in combat especially when the models are all invisible.

xD

@The Ace.9105 said:its impossible to tell in combat especially when the models are all invisible.

I mean... Crab Fear was able to tell from this screenshot. If you're fighting two of those at the same time its not a balance issue. you should be doing your best to leave at that point.

That being said.

If the game client is being taxed so much that it's culling player models because of the visual spam, that probably should say one or two dozen things about why that should get looked at.

Don't think that's true. The phantasms auto destroy after their moves and only 3 clones can be out at once. It might approach 5-6, and only on burst.

I understand that, even though it isnt 8, there is still frustration when it comes to sifting through that just to make sure your targets are aimed right while the mesmer is offloading damage on you/can insta-daze you if you try anything.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:I had my pitchfork ready, but isn't this you versus 2 mesmers?

Pitchfork stowed.

It's 5 not 6.

• clones (3 target)
  • fantasm traited to respawn after effect (2 target)
  • the last target is the mesmer and he won't summon himself.

There is just an "illusion" of 6 targets per mesmer when in fact the 2 fantasms are just short lived weapon effects that have the drawback to be CC'ed/killed.We are 7+ years in the game and there are still PvP players that are confused by clones. I can only say that this is sad to see, especially when experienced players take time over and over to give easy tips on how to fight a mesmer.

07/11/2019—July 11 Release Notes

No pun intended.

Profession Skills

We believe that elite specializations are balanced,but some specs need an extra boost.

Mesmer

Everything stays the same. Added The Extra Clone title.Escape Artist: Create a clone when you gain stealth. Increased number of clones summoned to 2.hf

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:I had my pitchfork ready, but isn't this you versus 2 mesmers?

Pitchfork stowed.

It's 5 not 6.
  • clones (3 target)

There is just an "illusion" of 6 targets per mesmer when in fact the 2 fantasms are just short lived weapon effects that have the drawback to be CC'ed/killed.We are 7+ years in the game and there are still PvP players that are confused by clones. I can only say that this is sad to see, especially when experienced players take time over and over to give easy tips on how to fight a mesmer.

~~ [idle comment about how this player is in plat] ~~Nvm I'm seeing things.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Pitchfork stowed.

It's 5 not 6.
  • clones (3 target)

You completely forgot the dying clones/phantasms that linger there for few seconds before dying off of your screen.

-start 3 clones on staff from distance-cast phantasm (try at max range)-right before phantasm turn clones, shatter (= 3 towards your target)-then you need to block something with scepter 2, and before that you shatter (=2 more towards your target, or 3 if you dodged before blocking)-2 spawn on your target, with 6 clones going for shatter-cast torch 5 while dodging (or pistol 4), leaves your with a clutter of 9 clones and 1 phantasm-torch 4 into stealth

this is my standard rotation, depending on if evasive mirror has triggered recently, so i dodge the first attack or i block the first attack in this rotation leaving me with 8-9 clones and a phantasm, and you can go in stealth after

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Pitchfork stowed.

It's 5 not 6.
  • clones (3 target)

There can be 6 under cool circumstances. Not saying I am confused by the clones, been around long enough for that, just saying it is a lot nonetheless.

@Koen.1327 said:-start 3 clones on staff from distance-cast phantasm (try at max range)-right before phantasm turn clones, shatter (= 3 towards your target)-then you need to block something with scepter 2, and before that you shatter (=2 more towards your target, or 3 if you dodged before blocking)-2 spawn on your target, with 6 clones going for shatter-cast torch 5 while dodging (or pistol 4), leaves your with a clutter of 9 clones and 1 phantasm-torch 4 into stealth

this is my standard rotation, depending on if evasive mirror has triggered recently, so i dodge the first attack or i block the first attack in this rotation leaving me with 8-9 clones and a phantasm, and you can go in stealth after

You completely forgot the dying clones/phantasms that linger there for few seconds before dying off of your screen.

Interesting. I never considered shattering clones being part of that number. Usually a mesmer never runs toward you, so I just outright ignore any group of them I see that are doing that unless one of them has a tooltip they shouldnt.Perhaps it could be higher than I reasoned before.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:It's 5 not 6.
  • clones (3 target)

Who care, dying clones and fantasms are neither targetable nor more of an issue than any spell effect cluster. If having numerous "names" filling your screen is an issue, just disable the option. If finding back the mesmer after he used a skill that break target, just unable the option to automatically select back the last target you had throught a shortcut key.

You post a screenshot that show 2 mesmers fighting with sensibly the same build, nothing exceptionnal or even difficult to face. The system itself can assist you against them, use it don't let the dev's work go to waste and complain because you do.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Pitchfork stowed.

It's 5 not 6.
  • clones (3 target)

It's not about being confused by clones, it's about most skills only hitting 5 targets (sometimes less), target drops and screen clutter making targeting the real mesmer insane (even when you know which one it is), and professions lacking piercing on their skills. All the while these problems do not apply to the mesmer that you are facing.

People say l2p against mesmer yet a good one can endlessly chain evade, invuln, block, teleports, target breaks, blind, cc. Doesnt matter if you get cc or burst combos off, they avoid it all even if they mess up. The only way they die quickly is if they are dumb and use up their evades/invuln/blocks etc. at the same time. Yeah some builds can put pressure on them or just cleave everywhere but its such a stupid class to fight. Clones still are annoying even if you can track the real mes since they add so much spam and visual noise they cover up animations and skill telegraphs on top of doing like 1-2k condi dps.

@"The Ace.9105" said:Did anet think anything when they reworked mesmer? This is the reason everyone complains about the class and for a good reason. There's no way to see anything in combat against mesmers in this state.

Mn7SLf0.jpg

There's 12 targets and most of them are evading also. My skills hit only 5 targets.

Go in WvW, take a picture, you should replace all illusion in your screenshot by Necro & Gards. :p

@kronnokos.6913 said:LMAO THATS ME KRONNO

thanks for making this topic tho i feel blessed.

git gud omegalul btw ur a renegade it counters condies for sure int he random arena free for all mode u can have a big advantage :/

some people say that mesmer is kitten and i tell u its fuckign right howevere if uts so kitten + u put a skilled player behin dit u just get demolished so its not just because i play mesmer it might also be cuz i'm playign at a higher tier of games than most.

Deuces lads omegalul

Excuse me, what language is this?