Upcoming Balance Notes - Page 10 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Balance Notes

1567810

Comments

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

    Engineer

    • Scrapper traits have been reworked and repositioned. The specialization line has changed as follows:
      • Minor
        • Impact Savant: This trait no longer increases damage while you have barrier. Instead it converts 15% of all outgoing strike damage into barrier and reduces vitality by 300.

    I'd like to ask you to reconsider this specific change for multiple reasons:

    • It shoehorns scrapper into power damage. "Outgoing strike damage" almost always means power damage packets, not condi damage. If you want diversity in scrapper builds, this will have the exact opposite effect.
    • It harms support scrapper builds -- specifically healing scrapper builds. These builds rarely put out damage -- making them significantly more vulnerable to damage in general. These builds also tend to use condi damage for their damage.
    • 300 vitality = 3000 health. In order to get that back in the form of barrier (at a rate of 15%), you would need to do 20,000 damage. In most realistic PvP scenarios, this would be difficult to acquire within the period of time that a burst class could kill you. 15% is reasonable for PvE, but not competitive formats.
    • You just nerfed scrapper's damage output overall. It doesn't have the kind of burst berserker does. How is it supposed to make up the 20k damage difference?

    I was going to say basically this.

    Please consider that players may want to run condition builds with Scrapper. This vitality drop and removal of other sustain traits when the new trait only applies on "strike damage" is massively punishing to that playstyle. There are so few traits that even work with condi right now (most are in the Firearms line, a few in Explosions and .. I think that's it).

  • Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xykris.6758 said:

    1. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [Soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

    I'm sure I could think of more things, but I feel like this is a good start. Anyway, Seriously think hard about what you plan on implementing with this patch, read the feedback and make the appropriate changes BEFORE the patch goes live!

    If you look back to my post and the original post by @LadyKitty.6120 that is quoted it is very clear they did this based on how it performed in a raid group and not all PvE. I don't think that makes it anymore palatable because frankly to me it makes it even more distasteful because that percentage of player base is the smallest in the game! Clearly keeping raiders happy is someone on that teams main objective. I completely agree that there asking for feedback seems like a mute point when they never actually discuss anything brought up.

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    The degenerate

  • bluberblasen.9684bluberblasen.9684 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bluberblasen.9684 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

    A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.
    Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.
    Nice try tho.

    The degenerate

  • Artasian Nosferatu.3516Artasian Nosferatu.3516 Member ✭✭
    edited July 15, 2019

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @memausz.7264 said:

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

    Engineer

    • Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration.

    You want to know this decision is poorly thought out? This entire trait (Photonic Blasting Module): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Photonic_Blasting_Module - Depends on overheating, and now half of a holosmith's options are cut off. This is really disappointing.

    Is this referring to overheating, what is overloading on holo?

    This. Guys - are you sure they're talking about overheating? The patch notes specifically talk about the Scrapper, not the Holosmith. Everyone is getting their panties knotted, but I'm fairly certain they're talking about overcharging turrets and not overheating. Then again, maybe overloading is a new mechanic?

  • Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

    @Artasian Nosferatu.3516 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @memausz.7264 said:

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

    Engineer

    • Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration.

    You want to know this decision is poorly thought out? This entire trait (Photonic Blasting Module): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Photonic_Blasting_Module - Depends on overheating, and now half of a holosmith's options are cut off. This is really disappointing.

    Is this referring to overheating, what is overloading on holo?

    This. Guys - are you sure they're talking about overheating? The patch notes specifically talk about the Scrapper, not the Holosmith. Everyone is getting their panties knotted, but I'm fairly certain they're talking about overcharging turrets and not overheating. Then again, maybe overloading is a new mechanic?

    "we're also slightly increasing the penalty for holosmiths overheating, as it wasn't commensurate with the level of power granted by holoforge mode."

    The Overloading thing is the only downside that could possibly Apply to Holosmith if it means Overheat. The only other thing refering to Holo is the Enhanced Capacity Storage and that's a buff.

  • Thank you for killing my Holosmith play with the unbearable punishment for overheating and making my belt skills completely irrelevant when i would overheat, my main character is now pretty much useless holosmith, while i am making the shining blade for it you also nerf that damage.

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Dune Cloak needs a damage buff of at least 165% in PvE if you want any hope of Power mirage becoming viable.

    You can leave it at a 100% for PvP to test it out, but I guarantee you that is still going to be to low to take even with the boon absorb over IH on power builds, or have an extended radius of at least 240.

  • Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    A good meme.

  • Documental.5946Documental.5946 Member ✭✭
    edited August 5, 2019

    for/10char

  • Aoi.8570Aoi.8570 Member ✭✭

    Yeeees! I can't wait for new Thief mechanism!

  • Alik.9651Alik.9651 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    @SufingZerg.6208 said:
    Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been reworked and renamed Call to Anguish. It is now a leap finisher skill that pulls foes to the center of your landing point and chills them. This skill has an energy cost of 35 and a 5-second recharge.
    this is so kitten dumb, I guess now you just never actually use any of the skills except your elite when in mallyx. the other 2 are already a dps loss if you use them, unyeilding anguish is the only one that was worth using. (and well the stunbreak when you got stunned) I don't get your idea here, renegade is worse than condi mirage for nearly all raid bosses. and it requires lots of skill to pull off, why even nerf it in the first place? makes 0 sense, I really hope you don't go through with this kitten.

    No, you won't use the elite either, the update change the elite to a permanent Dark field that ruin everything ...
    RIP Mallyx ...
    Demonic Defiance: lesser Consume Conditions ... not removing Cons, affected by Poisoned.
    Pain Absorption: 70%+ of time I don't have 30 energy when I do need BS so I normally use Legend swap w/ trait ... and ... Resistance is not useful in PvE, and totally useless in PvP and WvW (so many Boons corruption)
    Banish Enchantment: The projectile is so~ slow, and it always miss a moving target ...
    Unyielding Anguish: RIP
    Call to Anguish: If it can grab like Spectral Grasp, it might be okay in some situation. But I do think Anet will just keep the range 600 for the leap + radius 240 for grabbing.
    Embrace the Darkness: RIP

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

    @Xykris.6758 said:

    1. If you are going to claim something is making a class do something that isn't intended, back it up with proof. In the case of [Soul Eater], you claim that it provided "a little too much survivability." Ok, in what game mode? I highly doubt that you're talking about PvP or WvW, which leaves PvE, what?! a class is surviving in PvE?! oh noooo!!! If by some crazy chance you are infact saying it's an issue in PvP and/or WvW then I would love for you to prove that. I have yet to see any reaper become absolutely unkillable because of this trait and even if that was the case, you have the ability to split it between PvP modes and PvE modes.

    I'm sure I could think of more things, but I feel like this is a good start. Anyway, Seriously think hard about what you plan on implementing with this patch, read the feedback and make the appropriate changes BEFORE the patch goes live!

    If you look back to my post and the original post by @LadyKitty.6120 that is quoted it is very clear they did this based on how it performed in a raid group and not all PvE. I don't think that makes it anymore palatable because frankly to me it makes it even more distasteful because that percentage of player base is the smallest in the game! Clearly keeping raiders happy is someone on that teams main objective. I completely agree that there asking for feedback seems like a mute point when they never actually discuss anything brought up.

    I did not see a single player complaining about reaper being too op in raids. So this change is completely unnecessary unless they plan to give reaper like 8k more dps.

    Looking at PvP modes, necro has a lot of weaknesses:
    Weak to:
    Cc
    Burst
    Range
    High mobile enemies and enemies with a lot of sustain

    This trait soul eater. Only made sustain a bit better there. But it's not like other classes, that can walk through enemy zergs without getting a single scratch.

    Durable frontline fighter my a.. there isn't even one thing durable bout reaper right now.
    -no passive protection anymore
    -no 7seconds cd on shroud anymore
    -5% lf loss/s in shroud
    -both traitlines that should add something to durability (bloodmagic + deathmagic) are so bad, that no good build uses them
    -loss of souleater healing (yes, out of shroud it still heals, but you have to stay in melee range - good luck with that. Most classes will just stay away from you, and the ones that don't, are happy if you try to Facetank them - and in stead of adding sustain, that wil most likely kill you)

    And on top of that: 50% dmg reduction in shroud doesn't work most of the times.
    Or there is a theory, that if you receive a hit, that is higher than the amount of lifeforce you have left, the hit goes through without dmg reduction working:
    Guess what, every single class is easily able to do 5-6k hits, for some it's even easy to land 10-12k hits.
    That's already over half of the amount of lifeforce, that any good reaper build has right now!

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    I know this isn't related to class skills and all that, but is the invisible commander tag option going to be enabled with tomorrow's patch?

  • @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @bluberblasen.9684 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

    A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.
    Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.
    Nice try tho.

    I don't know how much you played chrono, core or mirage, I assume you played them a lot when you do this statments, the question is. Ask yourself what are you playing actually? Even with this "drawbacks" you say, im pretty sure you keep playing mirage.
    The thing is that mirage line makes you being the only one able to dodge no matter what happens. That means, you cant be locked down for a big dps or burst, you can do it at the same time the opponent attacks, so you hit him, but he can't hit you (and is not a block that you can ignore with some skills, is invulnerable), also, the distance of the dodge, if you run forward, is not even noticable, but, on the other side, you can stay still dodging, what is also uniq and pretty useful sometimes. Not only that, that trait gives you condi damage buff, but also, healing on every dodge, and protection after that dodge and not happy with that you also your illusions spaming condis at the same rate than you, then comes the shatter, that got the same effect as the core mesmer.
    Just think, where is the drawback? No other line is being able to give you condi time reduction, good heal every dodge, condi damage bonus, illusion damage, defensive boons (regen, prot, vigor...) and, also, a dodge that permits you to control the direction easily, or stand still, that permits you attacking while you do it (so you dont need skill on dodge / counter attack timing), and even if you get stuned, or inmobilized, you still being able to dodge anything...
    Im not asking for a nerf, just saying that the idea of choosing and spec must have its drawbacks is pretty good, but while on chrono you kill distorision... yes 1-4 secs invulneravility that you were able to recast with another shatter, or sigil of illusions like in mirage or core... and loosing the mesmer shater on itself... AND loosing the posibility of use a shatter without clones (1 second of invul/dist/condi removed/heal/ or 1.5 time recall...) on mirage you got no drawback from a core mesmer. Just take a look. How many core mesmers are on pvp/wvw/pve? and compare them with how many mirages are out there. Thats a fact... not an opinion...

  • mallyx sits in stagnation hell for years, gets updated, suddenly its the most important legend ever that everyone used. always the same story.

  • Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @judgebeo.3976 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @bluberblasen.9684 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

    A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.
    Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.
    Nice try tho.

    I don't know how much you played chrono, core or mirage, I assume you played them a lot when you do this statments, the question is. Ask yourself what are you playing actually? Even with this "drawbacks" you say, im pretty sure you keep playing mirage.
    The thing is that mirage line makes you being the only one able to dodge no matter what happens. That means, you cant be locked down for a big dps or burst, you can do it at the same time the opponent attacks, so you hit him, but he can't hit you (and is not a block that you can ignore with some skills, is invulnerable), also, the distance of the dodge, if you run forward, is not even noticable, but, on the other side, you can stay still dodging, what is also uniq and pretty useful sometimes. Not only that, that trait gives you condi damage buff, but also, healing on every dodge, and protection after that dodge and not happy with that you also your illusions spaming condis at the same rate than you, then comes the shatter, that got the same effect as the core mesmer.
    Just think, where is the drawback? No other line is being able to give you condi time reduction, good heal every dodge, condi damage bonus, illusion damage, defensive boons (regen, prot, vigor...) and, also, a dodge that permits you to control the direction easily, or stand still, that permits you attacking while you do it (so you dont need skill on dodge / counter attack timing), and even if you get stuned, or inmobilized, you still being able to dodge anything...
    Im not asking for a nerf, just saying that the idea of choosing and spec must have its drawbacks is pretty good, but while on chrono you kill distorision... yes 1-4 secs invulneravility that you were able to recast with another shatter, or sigil of illusions like in mirage or core... and loosing the mesmer shater on itself... AND loosing the posibility of use a shatter without clones (1 second of invul/dist/condi removed/heal/ or 1.5 time recall...) on mirage you got no drawback from a core mesmer. Just take a look. How many core mesmers are on pvp/wvw/pve? and compare them with how many mirages are out there. Thats a fact... not an opinion...

    Dodge while stunned is the only thing positive about MC.
    Your statement about the distance traveled is not true. From this patch on distance traveled even forward will be less than a normal dodge and it gets even worse if you have chill or cripple on you. Dodge is also used to create or close gaps, which mirage sucks at.
    As for damage, heal and defensive boons while dodging you can find them on other professions, even better than mirage ones while lower tier, for example, companions defense 2sec prot on dodge - minor master, while nomads is 1,5sec - Master Major. Adding to this mirage is one of the professions with least vigor uptime on game, even with 3 whole traits dedicated to vigor it still stands above half of the professions with 1 or 2 vigor traits. Now still adding to this you need to burn your dodges in order to keep pressure going, otherwise the damage will be on the low side.

    Chrono is getting gutted, no other profession gave up as much as chrono in this trade-offs, and what will chrono win, CS and a bunch of name changed still the same shatters.

    The reason there aren't any core mesmers is simple and no amount of trade-offs will change it, core mesmer is unviable trash.

    The degenerate

  • @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @bluberblasen.9684 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @judgebeo.3976 said:
    Ok... but what happens if you choose a mirage? there is a drawback. Just get a worse dodge, 1/3 of the attack covered by dodge, dodge while stun... a bunch of worse less traits to get into IH, all the shatters and the mesmer also acting as an illusion on shatter.

    Just a little FTFY.

    There is no drawback... Dont play the clueless guy.

    A dodge that covers less distance than a regular dodge.
    Dodge while attacking is dead since the 0.25sec nerf, every ambush is cast between half and 2/3 outside mirage cloak.
    Nice try tho.

    I don't know how much you played chrono, core or mirage, I assume you played them a lot when you do this statments, the question is. Ask yourself what are you playing actually? Even with this "drawbacks" you say, im pretty sure you keep playing mirage.
    The thing is that mirage line makes you being the only one able to dodge no matter what happens. That means, you cant be locked down for a big dps or burst, you can do it at the same time the opponent attacks, so you hit him, but he can't hit you (and is not a block that you can ignore with some skills, is invulnerable), also, the distance of the dodge, if you run forward, is not even noticable, but, on the other side, you can stay still dodging, what is also uniq and pretty useful sometimes. Not only that, that trait gives you condi damage buff, but also, healing on every dodge, and protection after that dodge and not happy with that you also your illusions spaming condis at the same rate than you, then comes the shatter, that got the same effect as the core mesmer.
    Just think, where is the drawback? No other line is being able to give you condi time reduction, good heal every dodge, condi damage bonus, illusion damage, defensive boons (regen, prot, vigor...) and, also, a dodge that permits you to control the direction easily, or stand still, that permits you attacking while you do it (so you dont need skill on dodge / counter attack timing), and even if you get stuned, or inmobilized, you still being able to dodge anything...
    Im not asking for a nerf, just saying that the idea of choosing and spec must have its drawbacks is pretty good, but while on chrono you kill distorision... yes 1-4 secs invulneravility that you were able to recast with another shatter, or sigil of illusions like in mirage or core... and loosing the mesmer shater on itself... AND loosing the posibility of use a shatter without clones (1 second of invul/dist/condi removed/heal/ or 1.5 time recall...) on mirage you got no drawback from a core mesmer. Just take a look. How many core mesmers are on pvp/wvw/pve? and compare them with how many mirages are out there. Thats a fact... not an opinion...

    Dodge while stunned is the only thing positive about MC.
    Your statement about the distance traveled is not true. From this patch on distance traveled even forward will be less than a normal dodge and it gets even worse if you have chill or cripple on you. Dodge is also used to create or close gaps, which mirage sucks at.
    As for damage, heal and defensive boons while dodging you can find them on other professions, even better than mirage ones while lower tier, for example, companions defense 2sec prot on dodge - minor master, while nomads is 1,5sec - Master Major. Adding to this mirage is one of the professions with least vigor uptime on game, even with 3 whole traits dedicated to vigor it still stands above half of the professions with 1 or 2 vigor traits. Now still adding to this you need to burn your dodges in order to keep pressure going, otherwise the damage will be on the low side.

    Chrono is getting gutted, no other profession gave up as much as chrono in this trade-offs, and what will chrono win, CS and a bunch of name changed still the same shatters.

    The reason there aren't any core mesmers is simple and no amount of trade-offs will change it, core mesmer is unviable trash.

    You didnt understand anything. I will stop arguing right now cause im not comparing "professiones or classes". As said, inside mesmer specs mirage is the king, and as you said, core mesmer o r chrono maybe trash, the only way to not be "trash" with mesmer is being a mirage. So... as said on beggining, on my first threat is that anet said that all specs will have a drawback when you choose them, so, choosing a chrono has a clear drawback now in front of core mesmer, but, trying to convince ANYONE that the mirage dodge is worst than the core mesmer dodge is ... hillarous... is not only that, as you said, a mesmer without mirage spec is "trash". So that is my point, why being a core mesmer, or chrono got it clear drawbacks while being a a mirage dont.

    You can find the same situation in other classes, this is not a discussion about "being op up or classe blanace", as said, is a discusion about anet statement aand what they do. Try to read and think before you answer and stop this "autopilot" discussion for the pvp-crying lobby.

  • LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

    @TidalTrident.4013 said:
    so... with detection pulse gone, how are we gonna reveal people in GvGs and scrims, you want us to try and reveal people with hammer 3 + gaze of darkness when guards give high duration aegis? This is a silly change, the start of GvGs are gonna be so annoying now
    Edit: after thinking about it, i guess phase traversal with hammer 3 + gaze of darkness could work.

    Throw target painter or place target painter trap and move backwards?

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Street Peddler.2638 said:
    mallyx sits in stagnation hell for years, gets updated, suddenly its the most important legend ever that everyone used. always the same story.

    Because it was borderline fine as it contributed to high condi dps in raids. Now with these changes it nerfs their damage against a complex rotation. All while Mirage wasn’t touched.

  • vyncius.6105vyncius.6105 Member ✭✭✭

    Its good thing they are nerfing some powercreep, but do it to all classes at once and then try to balance around it. Now warriors are still unkillable monsters

  • So what class is most powerful after this balance pass? Still dumb warriors running around with hatchets?

  • Numerian.8092Numerian.8092 Member
    edited July 16, 2019

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    The answer is that there are HoT owners that still has not bought PoF. This cannot stand. So Chrono must die in all engame modes.

    Hi. I bought PoF yesterday and I am thinking about buying HoT. Is that bad idea?

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Numerian.8092 said:

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    The answer is that there are HoT owners that still has not bought PoF. This cannot stand. So Chrono must die in all engame modes.

    Hi. I bought PoF yesterday and I am thinking about buying HoT. Is that bad idea?

    Hot maps are better if that matters

  • Numerian.8092Numerian.8092 Member
    edited July 16, 2019

    I see. There is more "geographic" content in each expansion. OK, so which class is like "new player friendly" after this balance?

  • after test tanky scrapper roaming is dead, tank a lot and fu anet

  • mtnjkbm.7452mtnjkbm.7452 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    so after trying out thiefs preparations, they are pretty useless in competition mode. (the animations are pretty cool thought)

    deadly ambition is a joke damagewise, compared to the now deleted poison stacking with dagger training.

    daggerstorm nerf was imo totally unnecessary

    oh and portal is the reason lots of potatoheads already complain about thief beeing OP and *NeRfThAtDeViLcLasS" in wvw (after 3 hours of it beeing in game)
    so i guess we will get a even more nerfed thief in 3 or 6 months XD

    thats it from me. idc anymore

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    For me Scrapper is cool, I can't moan about it, just tried it out, I'm spamming Superspeed/swithness/stability and always have +15% damage, also have many quickness so +200 power while under the effect. I wandered around in southsun cove, never passed under 3/4 of my health, having 25 might, fury, quickness, vigor and now even more superspeed, stability and sometimes protection, have 3200 power, 3200 armor. OhMyGerd my engie from 2012 is now back, the exact same stats! But as scrapper. Function gyro is cool, i'm faster than sonic with that superspeed at the end of gyros use.
    ->Speed of Synergy: This new trait causes all leap finishers to give superspeed to the scrapper, and all blast finishers give superspeed in an area around you.
    ->Mass Momentum: This trait has been moved to the adept tier. It no longer grants power based on toughness. Instead it causes your function gyro to grant stability in an area when cast in addition to causing stability to pulse might.
    ->Object in Motion: This new trait increases outgoing damage by 5% if you have swiftness, superspeed, or stability. Each boon increases the bonus damage by 5%, up to a maximum of 15% if you have all three.
    ->Applied Force: In addition to its previous effects, this trait now also grants +200 power while you have quickness. It now grants quickness when at or above 10 stacks of might rather than only when above 10 stacks. Fixed various bugs that could cause inconsistent trigger behavior.

    Now about holosmith well, the fact that the fskills can't be used on overheat is anoying but the damage from leap is increased so it's more a buff, I mean, I never reach the overheat, I always stop 1 millimeter before full bar. I don't feel like it has lost a lot of damage/dps.
    ->Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: This trait now increases the bonus damage maximum from Laser's Edge by 50% in addition to its previous effects.
    ->Laser's Edge: The bonus damage from this trait is now calculated dynamically based on the amount of heat you have rather than activating after passing a specific heat threshold. Because of this change, the effect icon will no longer be displayed. Bonus damage is now multiplicative instead of additive.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • kmfart.7480kmfart.7480 Member ✭✭

    This new trend of traits that debuffs -300 attribute points to either vitality or toughness on tanks is ridicolous! Atleast on berserker its avoidable, but costs you another trait to fix the debuff (symptom of running out of good ideas?). Nice to see scrapper is no longer a god tank, but that -300 debuff is like breaking the class completely.

  • Blueberry.8095Blueberry.8095 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2019

    @ruwani.8624 said:
    the druid nerf tho... thanks? i guess? not like im a druid main or anything >_>

    Last time when they changed druid, I stopped playing the game for few months. Reason was because everytime I bring a druid to fractal cm, I was questioned and asked if I can swap, or the party would take forever to fill (not that we couldn't beat cm with druid, but the pug just flat out reluctant to use it), so I was fed up and took a long break. I came back eventually because my friend was playing so I picked up a new class so I can keep him company.

    As I was reading this patch I thought they'd buff the druid a bit because more and more people has stopped using druid in fractal (at least the guilds I'm in are), but when I read the patch note about "Ancestral Grace" I was like... since when that skill needed tweak??? Nvm, I already sent her to the flax farm weeks ago, none of my concern anymore, moving on...

    I'm also absolutely speechless about "Impossible Odds" for Revenant:
    "Impossible Odds: Instead of pulsing superspeed, this skill now increases your movement speed by 50%. Reduced damage of the secondary strike by 19% in PvP only."
    Please tell me the 1st half of the changes doesn't apply to PVE, it must be April's fool.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.