Upcoming Balance Notes - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Balance Notes

13468911

Comments

  • @Tomas.6092 said:
    Oh, just great, like chrono wasn't enough dog kitten already, even more nerfs.
    Mister Anet, when you guys come up with balance patches, do you take in consideration WvW too? I understand that WvW team you guys have, literally all they do is open tower and PPT with random builds they have, not understanding what's meta and what's not, or how WvW works, but do you ever think, whether generating clones during blob fights to activate F1 F2 F3 F4 will be easy or not? Clones die literally in less than 0.1 sec, try playing GS, for example. I mean I'm fine with that, I'll just going to macro Mirror Images utility to generate 2 clones + F4 to activate CS, since there's no way I'll be able to do it with my own hands, due to how fast clones die.
    But literally, all the nerfs towards chrono come from Pve, never bother seperating them from WvW. Nerf distortion share, nerf boonshare, destroy Signet of Inspiration, now completely destroy F skills...

    Sad but so kitten true. I dont even think anet really knows the gamemode. they never seem to put at least a little bit attention to it. they ruin their own game.

  • SoV.5139SoV.5139 Member ✭✭✭

    gutted some good and great builds, but left most meta builds unadjusted.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SoV.5139 said:
    gutted some good and great builds, but left most meta builds unadjusted.

    So the usual then.

  • Crypto.7609Crypto.7609 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    ............

  • LucianTheAngelic.7054LucianTheAngelic.7054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    While I'm fine with most professions change, I think that this thief's shadow art rework is the worst thing that could happen to thief. It's litteraly promoting the toxic gameplay that generate complaints about thiefs over and over. It's beyond dumb to push stealth attack power even further when their level of power is already an issue in itself. This change is bound to create issues.

    None of the meta thief builds use the Shadow Arts traitline so they’d be forced to drop a traitline to take SA, meaning they’d be forced to lose out on damage or utility

  • ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    @Lilyanna.9361 said:

    @ZhouX.8742 said:

    @Vissarion.6509 said:
    Yeah let's nerf Eles even more, great changes!!!

    Useless in PvP ✓
    Useless in WvW ✓
    Useless in PvE ✓

    I don't like where this is going really...

    Weaver useless in pve? what it has one ofthe highest benchmarks in pve lmao and will still be taken in raids

    PvP it's actually good but people sleep on it

    wvw is dead and a farm mode for keep rotation, nobody takes this seriously, for that matter nobody even takes pvp seriously

    the one game mode that is relevant in this game weaver has one of the highest benchmarks

    plus you got buffs lol i can't

    i mean youre complaining about diversity, every class has this problem not just ele.... this is kind of a common theme now with every class.

    Wrong Weaver only gets those high bench marks BECAUSE of other classes. If you don't arthritis your hands you are guaranteed to lose ten percent of the damage right off the bat. And if you actually read the ele mains commenting,with the constant shifting of fire traits, losing said power on the fire trait they are phasing out we losing ANOTHER ten percent.

    Weaver in PvP gets eaten by popular meta builds. Sure they get less counters NOW cause Holo are gone. But they still cry to thief, rev, Spellbreaker, scourge. Wow, man oh man.

    So no, these are not buffs we haven't gotten buffed since LAST YEAR, so I kindly suggest to actually read up on Ele before spewing that blalantly wrong nonsense. This is why ele always gets nerfed because people like this say the most bleach-worthy comments to get our damage nerfed in the first place.

    Yes I understand the PvE changes, it's horrible and sorry for my confusion in that aspect.

    For PvP though, scourge doesn't win against Weaver in 1v1 because essentially you would never really 1v1 to begin with, scourge is only good when coupled with firebrand and is one of the most unstoppable duos currently ATM so this against all classes in team fights not just Weaver and not a count of whether weaver is good or not.

    For weaver vs thief, you will never 1v1 a thief lol ... Thief is a decapper and a +1'er , so your interactions with thief will be when you're fighting other people usually - so of course your view of thief will be "overpowered" because he's usually 1upping you... Good thieves at least.

    Rev received a number of dmg shaves and no longer has chill and unblockables so it got hurt quite a bit actually, of course, you'll prob face rev the most in team fights and their weakness is condi if they're not getting it cleared constantly which is an obvious team factor, not rev factor.

    Weaver is prob better than holo now honestly with the nerfs to toolbelt usage , spellbreaker escaped a rampage nerf and is still the same so it will be a top node fighter now so you're right in this respect, although weaver did see a few enhancements we'll have to see how it plays out for duelist weaver.

    I don't think it's so much that weaver is weak, but rather some duo comps are overtuned (scourge+fb) and spellbreaker is an overtuned node fighter with rev being an intended team fighter. If anything if you nerfed that duo and spellbreaker, weaver automatically would confirm a meta spot.

  • Patrick.2987Patrick.2987 Member ✭✭✭

    Why on earth would you make core necro faceroll aswell instead of nerfing the kitten out the especs? Something like removing torment on scourge f1-f4 and pulsing quickness on reaper etc. are broken. No need to make core the same broken level. Nerf everything finally to make the game at least a bit interesting.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Patrick.2987 said:
    Why on earth would you make core necro faceroll aswell instead of nerfing the kitten out the especs? Something like removing torment on scourge f1-f4 and pulsing quickness on reaper etc. are broken. No need to make core the same broken level. Nerf everything finally to make the game at least a bit interesting.

    Lmao seriously? If u were expecting a large significant nerf blanket effecting all classes than maybe but with reapers already low mobility nerfing reapers quickness pulse would wreck reaper making it a sitting duck and would significantly lower its dps. Why not just ask them to delete it? Cores already considered weak compared to most classes and u want its especs lowered to its level instead of it brought up to the especs level? Wow lmao. Scourge is a prob in wvw though but that's not so much cuz their OP as it is with how their mechanics function in wvw that makes them a issue.

  • @Chaba.5410 said:

    @Grandark.8624 said:
    So are all the F5 skills from elites removed while on scrapper or what?

    Sounds like it. Just like all F5s removed from elites on Holosmith.

    Yeah, the level of bad that this is can only be described as obnoxious. Especially if you used those F5s in various build set ups. Engie got wrecked on this patch.

    Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

  • Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭

    Can we make a Balance Patch to rule them all?
    I'm tired seeing no BALANCE at all, just CD/DMG buffs or nerfs and reworks over reworks without tests/homologation.

  • Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

    Please reconsider the removal of the evade from Ancestral Grace. Here is why:

    1) Druid is already underperforming in PvP and there are no other changes listed here that would do anything to make that otherwise, so this would just make that elite spec even less worth considering for that game type.

    2) Druid is already a difficult role to play in raids and this will take away an important tool to filling that role.

    The cooldown change proposed to this skill, however, makes sense and does not need to be reconsidered.

  • Kidel.2057Kidel.2057 Member ✭✭✭

    I welcome most of the changes. Any chance to see some love for Shield on Herald? It's an elite spec weapon, yet it's mostly used only for cosmetic reasons.

  • Snellibee.2761Snellibee.2761 Member ✭✭✭

    @Deniara Devious.3948 said:
    Those engineer rifle nerfs make no sense. Hip shot nerf would be huge (no tracking --> strafe left and right to avoid rifle) and Arenanet specifically allowed engineers to shoot net backwards with rifle #2.

    Core engineer hasn't been overpowered in any game mode. Tone down damage of holo and versatility of scrapper if you want to tone down engineers. Stop nerfing the core, in fact some core aspects are still pitifully weak (e.g. condi engineer is not viable).

    These weren't nerfs they were fixes. All three of these rifle FIXES were necessary because they made no sense that they did what they used to do.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 Why is this here and not in gen? It feels like this was some what hidden.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    Hey all - the Elementalist notes were missing an entry from the initial posting:

    • Power Overwhelming: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 150 bonus power while the elementalist has at least 10 stacks of might. This power bonus is doubled while attuned to fire.

    Sorry about that - it was a change made early, but with the note coming in a bit late. That should be all the notes.

    That realty important to know lol. Thank you.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    Here is a 2015 video of a heal Thief in wvw by this well played Thief player. Now times this by 10+more Thieves??
    Now imagine endless resurrections in down-state with endless fights duration in wvw and pvp; can you imagine it?

    Is this what Anet call 'balancing'? How does this promote healthy competition?

    Thief already having (perma-stealth+will be able to heal...(perma-healing??), what do you get? Bad Design+Bad Balancing=Toxicity

    (why revisit 2015 again??)

    'Yes, history will repeat itself when the Truth is ignored'

    Prepare Toxicity to take this Profession to the next level and to finally bring the game closer to its grave

    Heal Thief

  • @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    Hey all - the Elementalist notes were missing an entry from the initial posting:

    • Power Overwhelming: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 150 bonus power while the elementalist has at least 10 stacks of might. This power bonus is doubled while attuned to fire.

    Sorry about that - it was a change made early, but with the note coming in a bit late. That should be all the notes.

    Hey Irenio,

    Thanks for the relieving news - Ele is my secondary main and I am all about fire.
    In't there a missing paragraph or three for Guardian, by any chance?

    Just wondering. :blush:

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    Hey all - the Elementalist notes were missing an entry from the initial posting:

    • Power Overwhelming: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 150 bonus power while the elementalist has at least 10 stacks of might. This power bonus is doubled while attuned to fire.

    Sorry about that - it was a change made early, but with the note coming in a bit late. That should be all the notes.

    Oh my god! Thank you so much!

    Well! This patch is now all up for Ele :open_mouth:

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • mtnjkbm.7452mtnjkbm.7452 Member ✭✭

    THIEF:

    So we get nerfed Condi Options for all weapons now.. instead of the already last resort for D/P or DD: Dagger as Condi Weapon.

    Heal Thief is now a thing XD

    Traps are infact the same, but you can now choose when to activate them....yeah thats what everybody was asking for XD

    Besides having Shadowstep, Steal, Infiltrator Signet ect. to port, we have one additional port to bring 5 (in wvw) or 1 friend with us... great but for what cost?

    I cant lose any of my current skills for it since i need them, after porting into the fight!! XD

    Daggerstorm got nerfed, yeah because not enough nerfs for thief right?

    So everything stays the same, well, condidagger and daggerstorm got nerfed XD and you just gave us more "opportunities" which are just gimmicks to play around with (not really interessting infight though but memeworthy)
    Not one real buff to strenghen the core build or make DP DD viable again (remember swipe??, undo this kitten pls)

    Players to ANET: "Hey this and that are the problems with DP/DD, Swipe and so on"

    ANET: "Healing Thief? Traps? Say no more!"

  • Karl McLain.5604Karl McLain.5604 ArenaNet ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    Being that the notes have gone out early and the theorycraft is in full swing, I want to add one additional note on Preparations.
    This ability type still carries similar functionality to other abilities that have arm-times. For preparations, the cast time is 1/2 second and the arm time is set at 3 seconds, with the activation being instant for non-damaging ones and 1/4 second for the damaging ones.
    These abilities have a few unique aspects to them. We're looking forward to seeing the builds and gameplay that you come up with!

  • Patrick.2987Patrick.2987 Member ✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Patrick.2987 said:
    Why on earth would you make core necro faceroll aswell instead of nerfing the kitten out the especs? Something like removing torment on scourge f1-f4 and pulsing quickness on reaper etc. are broken. No need to make core the same broken level. Nerf everything finally to make the game at least a bit interesting.

    Lmao seriously? If u were expecting a large significant nerf blanket effecting all classes than maybe but with reapers already low mobility nerfing reapers quickness pulse would wreck reaper making it a sitting duck and would significantly lower its dps. Why not just ask them to delete it? Cores already considered weak compared to most classes and u want its especs lowered to its level instead of it brought up to the especs level? Wow lmao. Scourge is a prob in wvw though but that's not so much cuz their OP as it is with how their mechanics function in wvw that makes them a issue.

    Reaper was fine before a lot of buffs like 100%quickness in shroud. Just because other specs are even stronger does not make it need buffs. The problem with all the cd reductions and power creep is more mindless spam, because cds are back up fast. Game was actually decent when u had to use ur 50cd stab to get a safe stomp, put poison on players which are up to heal themselves or interrupt keyskills to bait dodges. Now it is massive heal vs massive damage and everything spams cc all over the place. Fun to play fun to watch.

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    Being that the notes have gone out early and the theorycraft is in full swing, I want to add one additional note on Preparations.
    This ability type still carries similar functionality to other abilities that have arm-times. For preparations, the arm time is set at 3 seconds, with the activation being instant for non-damaging ones and 1/4 second for the damaging ones.
    These abilities have a few unique aspects to them. We're looking forward to seeing the builds and gameplay that you come up with!

    -Karl

    Just to make sure I understand; Would it take me 3 seconds to place the preparation (as in, be rooted in place) and it's ready to be activated after that or do I place it instantly but can move away and I just can't activate it until 3 seconds have passed?

    No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    @Patrick.2987 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Patrick.2987 said:
    Why on earth would you make core necro faceroll aswell instead of nerfing the kitten out the especs? Something like removing torment on scourge f1-f4 and pulsing quickness on reaper etc. are broken. No need to make core the same broken level. Nerf everything finally to make the game at least a bit interesting.

    Lmao seriously? If u were expecting a large significant nerf blanket effecting all classes than maybe but with reapers already low mobility nerfing reapers quickness pulse would wreck reaper making it a sitting duck and would significantly lower its dps. Why not just ask them to delete it? Cores already considered weak compared to most classes and u want its especs lowered to its level instead of it brought up to the especs level? Wow lmao. Scourge is a prob in wvw though but that's not so much cuz their OP as it is with how their mechanics function in wvw that makes them a issue.

    Reaper was fine before a lot of buffs like 100%quickness in shroud. Just because other specs are even stronger does not make it need buffs. The problem with all the cd reductions and power creep is more mindless spam, because cds are back up fast. Game was actually decent when u had to use ur 50cd stab to get a safe stomp, put poison on players which are up to heal themselves or interrupt keyskills to bait dodges. Now it is massive heal vs massive damage and everything spams cc all over the place. Fun to play fun to watch.

    Its was fine than got nerfed to meme spec then got some nice things to take it outa meme status and u want it back in? Sounds like ur a core player hating on their own espec lmao

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm pretty psyched for Thief portals, but my enthusiasm will be greatly dimmed if they are like the Scourge tunnels I gave up on early. To wit, short range and won't let you go anywhere you can't just walk to. (Maybe that got fixed later, I never bothered to try again).

    "No valid path to target" makes a teleporting utility pretty useless.

  • @Zexanima.7851 said:

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    Being that the notes have gone out early and the theorycraft is in full swing, I want to add one additional note on Preparations.
    This ability type still carries similar functionality to other abilities that have arm-times. For preparations, the arm time is set at 3 seconds, with the activation being instant for non-damaging ones and 1/4 second for the damaging ones.
    These abilities have a few unique aspects to them. We're looking forward to seeing the builds and gameplay that you come up with!

    -Karl

    Just to make sure I understand; Would it take me 3 seconds to place the preparation (as in, be rooted in place) and it's ready to be activated after that or do I place it instantly but can move away and I just can't activate it until 3 seconds have passed?

    It's a fairly quick 1/2 second cast. I'll look to edit the post and incorporate this info.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    While I'm fine with most professions change, I think that this thief's shadow art rework is the worst thing that could happen to thief. It's litteraly promoting the toxic gameplay that generate complaints about thiefs over and over. It's beyond dumb to push stealth attack power even further when their level of power is already an issue in itself. This change is bound to create issues.

    None of the meta thief builds use the Shadow Arts traitline so they’d be forced to drop a traitline to take SA, meaning they’d be forced to lose out on damage or utility

    Meta is bound to change every patch, more toxicity in a reworked traitline is bound to drop toxicity in the game.

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    It's a fairly quick 1/2 second cast. I'll look to edit the post and incorporate this info.

    Are you able to tell us the max range of this skill?

  • SehferViega.8725SehferViega.8725 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

    Necromancer

    • Soul Eater: This trait no longer heals while shroud life force replaces health.

    So basically it heals no more in competitive modes: Axe is not a melee weapon and Greatsword is really easy to kite and interrupt. At least restore the previous 200 healing at second wielding a greatsword. This is only a nerf.

    Thief

    • The following skills have been removed: Needle Trap, Tripwire, Shadow Trap, Ambush.
    • Traps (Skill Category): This category has been replaced by a new skill category: Preparations.

      • Preparations will function in a similar fashion to trap abilities, but they will not fire unless the thief chooses to trigger them. Each preparation will have a radius of 240 and will produce a variety of results, including the introduction of a portal-type utility that can ferry allies to a location.
    • Prepare Pitfall: This new skill will mark your current area with controlling magic, readying the location to crush enemies when released.

    • Pitfall: This new skill will unleash your pitfall on an area, knocking down foes and delivering constant damage over time.
    • Prepare Thousand Needles: This new skill will mark your current area with inhibiting magic, readying the location to poison enemies.
    • Thousand Needles: This new skill will unleash a hail of needles that immobilizes enemies on impact and repeatedly strikes foes over a short period of time.
    • Prepare Seal Area: This new skill will mark your current area with stifling magic, readying the location to seal enemies in.
    • Seal Area: This new skill will seal your marked area, blocking projectiles and preventing enemies from entering or leaving.
    • Prepare Shadow Portal: This new skill will mark your current location with shadow magic.
    • Shadow Portal: This new skill will unleash the shadow magic at your prepared location, creating a one-way portal that you and your allies can take. Allies traveling through the portal will be granted stealth, and foes around the portal's exit will be weakened. This skill is split between game modes, allowing 5 allies through in PvE and WvW, while only allowing one ally through in PvP.

    1) I don't get the sense of the new "fake traps" or as you call them "Preparations skills": you continue talk about magic (controlling magic, inhibiting magic, stifling magic, shadow magic).. thief is an adventurer profession, not a mage. Thief have to use trap, not magic!

    • Deadly Arts: This line has had some traits reworked due to the removal of Traps as a skill category. Preparations will not be receiving a trait at this time and will instead be balanced as though they are traited already.
      • Adept
        • Dagger Training: This trait no longer inflicts poison on dagger attacks.
        • Trapper's Respite: This trait has been reworked and renamed Deadly Ambition.
        • Deadly Ambition: Inflict 2 stacks of poison for 3 seconds when striking a foe, with an internal cooldown of 3 seconds in PvE, 5 seconds in PvP. Gain +120 condition damage when this trait is equipped.
      • Master
        • Deadly Trapper: This trait has been reworked and renamed Even the Odds.
        • Even the Odds: Inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 10 seconds on targets you steal from. Gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds when you hit an enemy with a stealth attack.

    2) Dagger training+Deadly Ambition is a huge nerf for condi daredevil builds.. I can't understand the sense of the new Deadly Ambition trait: 3 stack of poison (thanks to Potent Poison) every 3 or 5 second? And how we can use it to kill something? With the actual Dagger training I can stack in 3 seconds 6-10 stack of poison.. with the new Deadly Ambition only 3!!

    "The ambition" to kill someone will always remain only an ambition! :'( That's the reason of the trait name

  • Dirame.8521Dirame.8521 Member ✭✭

    @Trollocks.5084 said:

    @Dirame.8521 said:

    @Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:> These abilities have a few unique aspects to them. We're looking forward to seeing the builds and gameplay that you come up with!

    I'm sorry but if this comes off as blunt but this right here shows how out of touch you are with the player base, and frankly I find it rather insulting as a long time player to be viewed as some kind of twisted entertainment for this team. Between here and Reddit there are hundreds of people posting how they are sick and tired of reworking their characters to suit every kitten and bull idea that gets tossed at us, without any interaction whatsoever. Having to spend countless hours reworking gear and spending gold hand over fist because someone decides it would be great fun to mix things up. I swear it just seems like you work in your own little world with no regard to your own player base, it's been a horrible trend that seriously needs to come to an end. You want a whole new design then pour that effort into creating new elites, templates or classes and stop tormenting people who just want to log in and enjoy the characters they've worked very hard at perfecting over a long period of time and let them enjoy playing what they love.

    Are you against improvements or change? Because it sounds like you just hate change. And that's not a healthy way to think.

    It's not about being against change. It's about being against BAD change. Change without rhyme or reason is bad change.

    Agreed.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    I donno did u guys think it was a new team or somthin? Wasnt this all to be expected?
    Arent we all used to this ride? Lol
    -why this change?
    -why that change?
    -why kill this build?
    -why nerd this?
    -why nerd that?
    -why wasnt this nerfed?
    -why is this still useless?
    -who asked for these changes?
    -these changes make no sense
    -why reduce build deversity?
    Etc
    Etc

  • LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

    @Karl McLain.5604 Sorry to disturb but does the balance team have any plans on when the next balance patch will be (after this oncoming balance patch)? The patch cadence used to be quarterly (once every 3 months) but then it was sped up to every 4-6 weeks a year ago and now we had another close to 3 months between major balance patches. Just having a general idea would be helpful for people who do dps testing and guides as knowing about how long the current status lasts helps at planning stuff. (As Kitty's been thinking about restarting Kittymarks to test and publish numbers of all kinds of builds again if the BP frequency is slowed down again.)

    It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

  • thank you anet, the scrapper roaming is dead, and yet no one crying over him, a complete overhaul that once again forgets the players who are not in the blob

  • pureskullz.7536pureskullz.7536 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019

    Stunlock Mesmer will still be around and scrapper will still have the extreme sustain in WvW & PvP. Otherwise, I like the changes brings new build possibilities.

  • Mesmer

    • Speed of Sand: Instead of granting superspeed when dodging, this trait instead causes Mirage Cloak to grant +66% movement speed.

    How long does the movement speed last, the same duration as Mirage Cloak?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.