Ranger Upcoming Balance Patch Notes - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranger Upcoming Balance Patch Notes

2>

Comments

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2019

@""Rokynn.8671"
    Its a ranger. Not an archer.
    If you look up ranger you may stumble upon aragorn. Who wields a greatsword.
    Rangers are survivalist, weapon masters and akin to nature. That's it. There is no rule how they have to be designed.

• Rokynn.8671Rokynn.8671 Member
    edited August 7, 2019

There is nothing about an ANET RANGER that survives! from a ranger in a game to a movie character now eh?
    But i will direct attention to the fact that if a ranger is at one with nature and a weapon master,btw wheres it's gun skills? then why is it so easy to kill them or for them to die in pve,pvp,wvw? they should be the awesome for solo pve,pvp,wvw. a survivalist would not be an easy thing to track or kill.it would hold it's own. it would be an excellent tracker and stalker,nimble fast reacting. well it's not the fastest by far. its not nimble like the thief. it does have traps. but it gets out ranged by magic and three seconds of stealth. to me that is weak. and this is based on anet saying they are going to yet weaken it even more than it already is. well that's my complaint.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rokynn.8671 said:
    There is nothing about an ANET RANGER that survives! from a ranger in a game to a movie character now eh?
    But i will direct attention to the fact that if a ranger is at one with nature and a weapon master,btw wheres it's gun skills? then why is it so easy to kill them or for them to die in pve,pvp,wvw? they should be the awesome for solo pve,pvp,wvw. a survivalist would not be an easy thing to track or kill.it would hold it's own. it would be an excellent tracker and stalker,nimble fast reacting. well it's not the fastest by far. its not nimble like the thief. it does have traps. but it gets out ranged by magic and three seconds of stealth. to me that is weak. and this is based on anet saying they are going to yet weaken it even more than it already is. well that's my complaint.

Well as far as you describe it it is a L2P issue because ranger is really good in PvP and WvW (roaming) and also in a nice spot in PvE.
    I have no struggle to survive. It just depends on how you build it. Even if you run full glass you can solo champs easily.

• Rokynn.8671Rokynn.8671 Member
    edited August 8, 2019

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Rokynn.8671 said:

Well as far as you describe it it is a L2P issue because ranger is really good in PvP and WvW (roaming) and also in a nice spot in PvE.
    I have no struggle to survive. It just depends on how you build it. Even if you run full glass you can solo champs easily.

Maybe im wrong in the longbow build. i just feel it needs to be faster than everything besides a thief and out range a magic class for sure. if i tank build it then sure it lives and takes all day to bring stuff down. feel free to show me a build that has good damage and lives. maybe you have used something im not thinking of. and if it truly is a L2P issue that you think it is show me what im doing wrong when i play one. Oh btw tell me what home server these over powered rangers are on. i been on 5 different servers thus far and have yet to meet a ranger i cant solo.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.