Wow These Upcoming Mallyx Changes...

narcx.3570

Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been reworked and renamed Call to Anguish. It is now a leap finisher skill that pulls foes to the center of your landing point and chills them. This skill has an energy cost of 35 and a 5-second recharge.Embrace the Darkness: This skill is now a mobile dark field. Increased recharge to 10 seconds. This skill no longer grants a stat increase and is no longer unblockable and unblindable. The amount of torment applied per pulse is unchanged, but using a skill that costs energy now increases the stacks of torment applied on the next pulse by 2. This skill now deals a small amount of damage each pulse.

These changes are going to be SO BAD for renegade dps, hope you all are happy for qq'ing for a mallyx rework all month.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@narcx.3570 said:

Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been reworked and renamed Call to Anguish. It is now a leap finisher skill that pulls foes to the center of your landing point and chills them. This skill has an energy cost of 35 and a 5-second recharge.Embrace the Darkness: This skill is now a mobile dark field. Increased recharge to 10 seconds. This skill no longer grants a stat increase and is no longer unblockable and unblindable. The amount of torment applied per pulse is unchanged, but using a skill that costs energy now increases the stacks of torment applied on the next pulse by 2. This skill now deals a small amount of damage each pulse.

These changes are going to be SO BAD for renegade dps, hope you all are happy for qq'ing for a mallyx rework all month.

The Kitten? This real?Well iam Power Renegade anyway. So theres that....

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Well you'll be happy, Icerazor getting a 30% dmg increase.

@narcx.3570 said:

The Kitten? You trolling or no?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Going to miss that stat boost on the elite.

That's so not even the bad part about the changes... Not only can you not dump extra energy into UA spam anymore after doing mechanics or whatever to make back up dps, but you're going to be forced into channel a boring upkeep skill--that creates a PERMANENT MOBILE DARK FIELD, which will cockblock of all your awesome Fire/Posion/Confusion/Chill projectile finishers. -.-

Seriously, permanent mobile dark field is going to be the absolute worst for PvE.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

The Kitten? You trolling or no?I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Alacregade which uses icerazor in its rotation.

@narcx.3570 said:

Preach. Wtf even are these changes!??!

35 Energy is too high for anything outside of elite skills. I thought we've already been through this...

Justified if the skill pulses though, which would make it a devastating self-chaining CC. But I highly doubt it.

And also, because if it doesn't pulse, that cuts out about 16+ stacks of Torment out of the rotation alone.

@"KidRoleplay.3615" said:35 Energy is too high for anything outside of elite skills. I thought we've already been through this...

Justified if the skill pulses though, which would make it a devastating self-chaining CC. But I highly doubt it.

Because if it doesn't pulse, that cuts out about 16+ stacks of Torment out of the rotation alone.

It's funny because they say it's revamped as a "setup skill", even though you probably won't have enough energy to followup with anything.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

Made me think of this comment from another thread.

@Clownmug.8357 said:What's up with adding cooldowns to the Mallyx skills for Revenant? Does the energy system even have a purpose anymore, or is it just there for nostalgia?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

Of course! Mallyx was like the only legend left at this point not to have cooldowns, so obviously they needed to gut UA and add a cooldown. Because you know, destroying Mallyx's mobility was totally necessary to add a 240 radius pull to the skill.... /s

I'm honestly even more W T F about the fact they added a 10second recharge to Embrace the Darkness. So now all your extra damage comes from EtD, but if your opponent kites you and you need to turn it off, well damn, too bad! looks like you won't be doing any extra damage in mallyx outside of Banish Enchantment or weapon abilities because your damn elite upkeep is on a 10 second cooldown! it's literally one of the worst changes I've seen. It's also going to be THE ONLY UPKEEP BESIDES GLINT to have a fairly major cooldown associated with it....I'm just so beside myself at the moment with how awful some of this is

So basically now I might as well not play at all because I loved being a darker themed rev (Hard to do considering everything we have is bright, vibrant and so far from being evil in its form.) So mallyx was my man and now they are stripping him down and gutting him, probably to hand off his cool stuff to necro next round of E-specs like they do all the time.

Im so freaking done, I asked for buffs and changes to make him fun or more fun than he was so he could be more than he currently was. I Didn't want him to get stripped down you guys litterally did the exact opposite of what people asked for. We just wanted him to pump out more condi's, and be more of a threat which he really wasn't and in all fairness you could of just rolled him back to beta-mallyx and ... why waste my time. A-net hates rev's....

@"vyncius.6105" said:can someone explain what is mobile dark field?

A "mobile" combo field is a beneficial area effect that acts like a well that follows your character. When you use finishers in said field, it produces additional "combo" effects. A Dark Field is on the lower end of usefulness as far as what is produced, and it looks like, with these changes, to get any damage out of Mallyx, it comes with an overriding, near omnipresent field that'll be at melee range/ stacked on whatever your group is targeting.

Sad about Mallyx changes, very pleased about Renegade changes. I might jump back onto Rev and craft Chuka for it.

Considering so much of the Renegade rotation was dependant on Mallyx's skill set to fill in for Shortbow's terrible autoattack, I wonder how the new rotation will play.

One thing is for certain. The life steal is going to be KITTEN hilarious.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Sad about Mallyx changes, very pleased about Renegade changes. I might jump back onto Rev and craft Chuka for it.

Considering so much of the Renegade rotation was dependant on Mallyx's skill set to fill in for Shortbow's terrible autoattack, I wonder how the new rotation will play.

... What Renegade changes? Icerazor's Ire?

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Sad about Mallyx changes, very pleased about Renegade changes. I might jump back onto Rev and craft Chuka for it.

Mallyx was only utilized for two UA + a very brief EtD in the current rotation; rest of it was heavy on the shortbow skills for the shortbow/mallyx section of the rotation. Not sure how that qualifies the renegade rotation being super dependent on Mallyx...

Wonder it the stacks applied on Embrace the Darkness are stackable or not, if they are then I can see potential for putting out massive amounts of torment.

I like the change to Call of Anguish, I run a Mace/Axe Hybrid Renegade with Mallyx and focus on torment so the AoE pull sounds great to me.Pull foes, Embrace the Darkness, Axe 5, Mace 2, Mace 3 blast finisher.. sounds like a good damage combo which can apply a good burn and torment burst while trapping the enemy in AoE, rince and repeat as needed, back off to shortbow when I need a breather.

I never cared much for pure power or pure condi revenant in the past.. but my hybrid changed my mind on Revs ^^