Another Patch, Another Nerf Necromancers.

Kuulpb.5412

"all in order to make the choice of an elite specialization more meaningful." - Reducing effectiveness of reaper survivability, while buffing core necromancer, the only "meaningful" thing I see here is choosing an elite spec is becoming more of a hinderance. No scourge changes, No Life steal reworks, Reaper Nerfs, No Staff or Focus tweaks.

What is the point in choosing an Elite Spec if they just Nerf it to hell and buff core?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Nimon.7840" said:They should have said the truth: "all in order to kill any build diversity"We don't want people to do well in PvP modes without pof. So get your freaking money out and buy pof

It's so stupid how every patch in recent "balances" have Just Given necromancers something to hope for, then Removed it just as fast, while leaving Other builds that do WAY too much on other professions fine, ALSO - Thief is getting portal ( one way portal), and That is STILL better than the "Poor excuse of a portal" Sand swell is scourges get. Based on wording so we'll have to see, Thieves get one direction portal that does not require Line of sight or valid path, Scourge requires both and limited to 900 range.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:They should have said the truth: "all in order to kill any build diversity"We don't want people to do well in PvP modes without pof. So get your freaking money out and buy pof

It's so stupid how every patch in recent "balances" have Just Given necromancers something to hope for, then Removed it just as fast, while leaving Other builds that do WAY too much on other professions fine, ALSO - Thief is getting portal ( one way portal), and That is STILL better than the "Poor excuse of a portal" Sand swell is scourges get. Based on wording so we'll have to see, Thieves get one direction portal that does not require Line of sight or valid path, Scourge requires both and limited to 900 range.

Ehh they nerf some overperforming builds of other professions so no they don't leave other builds like that, not all of them at least.

With that being said I do think they fucking suck at balancing... reaper needs QoL buffs :'(

Pls link..any thread, any post that indicated Soul Eater was OP. Where who what where. I, honestly like warhorn changes have no idea this was as massive an issue enough to require this complete delete rather than even dumbing down of the healing. How about, 'you can now receive healing by allies'. No trade off no sustain/defenses added.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Pls link..any thread, any post that indicated Soul Eater was OP. Where who what where. I, honestly like warhorn changes have no idea this was as massive an issue enough to require this complete delete rather than even dumbing down of the healing. How about, 'you can now receive healing by allies'. No trade off no sustain/defenses added.

Who are you talking to?

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Pls link..any thread, any post that indicated Soul Eater was OP. Where who what where. I, honestly like warhorn changes have no idea this was as massive an issue enough to require this complete delete rather than even dumbing down of the healing. How about, 'you can now receive healing by allies'. No trade off no sustain/defenses added.

Who are you talking to?

Anyone.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:

Who are you talking to?

Anyone.

Soul Eater was the only good change they made from the previous patch and now they are undoing that too...because logic

@Tobias.8632 said:ESO has necromancers now and the devs treat them much better then GW2's devs do, abandon ship

Thanks for info. I was always sceptical about eso and its classes but if they have necromancers now ill gladly jump ship from this trash implementation of such a great concept.Punching bag that cant move or get healed, fake magician with 0 magic skills, just throws severed hands at people and toy level minions ai. Elite spec with devs laughing face to mock you, corrupt bot with no dynamics and pigeonholed role.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Tobias.8632 said:ESO has necromancers now and the devs treat them much better then GW2's devs do, abandon ship

Thanks for info. I was always sceptical about eso and its classes but if they have necromancers now ill gladly jump ship from this trash implementation of such a great concept.Punching bag that cant move or get healed, fake magician with 0 magic skills, just throws severed hands at people and toy level minions ai. Elite spec with devs laughing face to mock you, corrupt bot with no dynamics and pigeonholed role.

necromancer with a bucket of hands

BY THE POWER OF DARKNESS

throws hands randomly

I'm happy with many of the changes to core Necro and excited to give them a try. I haven't been playing much lately ( the last time I was online was about a week ago I think ? ) but seeing these patch notes has made me want to hop on again.

That said, I'm also a little disappointed compared to the changes many of the other professions got. It seems like the buffs to core are mostly cooldown reductions with a slight functionality change to Dark Path ( which I'm still on the fence about because I was one of the few people who loved Dark Path ) while most of the other professions had various significant reworks. I understand not every profession got huge buffs or reworks, but it certainly made me less happy about the buffs to core after seeing what everyone else was getting. Like at first it was "yay! love for core Necro hype!" then it was "oh... Can I have some more cool stuff too? Look what they got!"

Either way I'm content, even if a little disappointed by comparison. But in regards to the Reaper nerf, I'm not nearly as bothered as everyone here seems to be. It's one trait... Soul Eater + Blighter's Boon was an insane amount of healing when cleaving mobs, granted it is a pretty significant reduction to offensive potential by not taking Reaper's Onslaught. Still, you could full heal yourself with a few swipes of the Shroud when using both of those traits and having no Healing Power. I don't think Soul Eater + Blighter's Boon was an OP combination, that isn't what I'm saying. I do however think it was very strong and although sustain potential will be reduced without the healing from Soul Eater, I don't think it's any reason to throw a fit as much as you guys are. It's literally one thing related to Reaper that got a nerf. Just be glad we're not Revenants because it looks like they got kneecapped pretty good.

Reaper is and will remain strong in the right hands. I'm in no way concerned with the nerf because it was perfectly good before Soul Eater healed based on outgoing damage so it will be just fine going back to that.

People throwing a fit aren't bothered about cleaving mobs, we could manage without blighters or soul eaters..thats just gravy. We're voicing it in regards to PVP. Until you understand the true benefit of it in that respect you wont get it. It was a fantastic way to keep us alive enough to not being simply insta-deleted. PVE no big issue correct, duking it out in the Arena, different story.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:People throwing a fit aren't bothered about cleaving mobs, we could manage without blighters or soul eaters..thats just gravy. We're voicing it in regards to PVP. Until you understand the true benefit of it in that respect you wont get it. It was a fantastic way to keep us alive enough to not being simply insta-deleted. PVE no big issue correct, duking it out in the Arena, different story.

i think soul eater was kinda OP (sorta) but the issue is that necro's defensive capabilities are jsust bad. i'm just hoping next balance patch has an overhaul to necro's defensive abilities

@Lahmia.2193 said:Core Shroud still sucks though, by comparison. I'm not sure why people are acting like its gonna revolutionize it.

Agree; the changes merely add a tiny bit more utility to shroud in Core builds. Being in Death Shroud is still a dps loss. The cool down reductions mean DS utilities will be available a little more often. That is all. The shroud transform cool down is the same. No skills outside of shroud have changed. No core traits anyone cares about were changed, either.

@XECOR.2814 said:

You forgot: master of conditions while every other class can apply more (damaging) conditions, cleanse more conditions or convert them. Lul

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Core Shroud still sucks though, by comparison. I'm not sure why people are acting like its gonna revolutionize it.

Agree; the changes merely add a tiny bit more utility to shroud in Core builds. Being in Death Shroud is still a dps loss. The cool down reductions mean DS utilities will be available a little more often. That is all. The shroud transform cool down is the same. No skills outside of shroud have changed. No core traits anyone cares about were changed, either.

I dont think the core shroud sucks that bad.... it think its ok ish just too many other flaws along side it make core as a whole feel like its about 3 years behind everything else in the game. Core necro is still not as solid as say core mesmer, guardian, ranger, warrior, even ele perhaps. Until some trait reworks happen that make it so core will never be competitive on a end game level it has nothing to make it so in pve end game and nothing to make it terrifying in pvp. You can ideally just run circles around it and run over it provided you have at least a bit of condi clear.

Its also oddly forced into a hybrid play style to make it function at its best instead of it allowing it to be either one separately as its own thing.If boon corrupts focused had a set priority on which boons get converted over others no matter how they were applied that would help necro a bunch in pvp but not in pve. its in a rough spot and i feel like no one on the balance team plays necro enough to really under stand how the majority of players who play it feel about its flaws and strengths. So they always pick the wrong things out when making changes to it. Occasionally they do something good by what seems like sheer luck.

I wish every core class was like guardian. Core Guardian has to be the most balanced profession in the game imo. Its solid, strong, has ok ish sustain, can do big damage, can also die if you go glassy, its crafty but not over rewarded for any singular particular thing through its skills or traits.

@"dceptaconroy.7928" said:People throwing a fit aren't bothered about cleaving mobs, we could manage without blighters or soul eaters..thats just gravy. We're voicing it in regards to PVP. Until you understand the true benefit of it in that respect you wont get it. It was a fantastic way to keep us alive enough to not being simply insta-deleted. PVE no big issue correct, duking it out in the Arena, different story.

When I said "mobs" I was more or less referring to players in WvW. The healing return you could get with Soul Eater and Blighters Boon was absurd. It made it a very effective and easy to use mid/frontliner in WvW zergs. In small scale or in PvP for 1v1, it certainly helped but it wasn't a game changer to just use Soul Eater by itself. Using it with Blighter's Boon was a pretty big sustain buff even in 1v1's, but as I'd said about Reaper's Onslaught, not taking it is also a significant loss in offensive potential. Reaper Shroud is extremely slow, the Quickness from Reaper's Onslaught combined with the additional Ferocity are basically what make Reaper even usable in higher tiers/against skilled opponents.

Yes this was a nerf, but only for low tier players.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

I dont think the core shroud sucks that bad.... it think its ok ish just too many other flaws along side it make core as a whole feel like its about 3 years behind everything else in the game. Core necro is still not as solid as say core mesmer, guardian, ranger, warrior, even ele perhaps. Until some trait reworks happen that make it so core will never be competitive on a end game level it has nothing to make it so in pve end game and nothing to make it terrifying in pvp. You can ideally just run circles around it and run over it provided you have at least a bit of condi clear.

Its also oddly forced into a hybrid play style to make it function at its best instead of it allowing it to be either one separately as its own thing.If boon corrupts focused had a set priority on which boons get converted over others no matter how they were applied that would help necro a bunch in pvp but not in pve. its in a rough spot and i feel like no one on the balance team plays necro enough to really under stand how the majority of players who play it feel about its flaws and strengths. So they always pick the wrong things out when making changes to it. Occasionally they do something good by what seems like sheer luck.

I wish every core class was like guardian. Core Guardian has to be the most balanced profession in the game imo. Its solid, strong, has ok ish sustain, can do big damage, can also die if you go glassy, its crafty but not over rewarded for any singular particular thing through its skills or traits.

I think core Necro is doing okay, personally. Although I do feel that there are a lot of match ups that are difficult/impossible to win in an open field, I also feel that core is stronger than many give it credit for. Assuming you have terrain to play with, Life Blast can do a colossal amount of damage if built for it and everything a hybrid build can hit you with is pretty painful as well. That, as well as being naturally durable thanks to core Shroud not degrading as quickly as Reaper Shroud, and I think core Necro is doing alright.

I prefer core over Reaper or Scourge and I've been a Necro main for many years. I do think it could use more adjustments but it also always bothers me when people speak of it as though it's the worst core spec there is or like it's impossible to win against a decent opponent. Shortly after PoF release was when it was at it's weakest because it was before many of the elite specs were toned down and certain Necro traits/skills hadn't been changed. Around that time was when I stopped playing Necro for quite a while because it was at a point where I was losing a lot more fights than I was winning regardless of how well I played. That was the only time in the 5 1/2 years and 5k hours I've been playing Necro that I actually gave up on it. So I'm just glad it's no where near the sorry state it was in then.

Anyway I didn't mean to insult anyone about their concerns for Reaper or about their opinions on core so I hope it didn't come off that way. Some of the following comments, even if not responding directly to my own, made me feel I should be clear about that.