Will thieves be getting kicked out from zergs after the balance patch?

Joshewwah.2956

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Seems like it will be really powerful for small roaming/havoc groups, but I am very curious about the range threshold it has.

Shouldnt be a problem, i mean it looks like mesmer port with big restrictions compared to mesmer portalRange of shadow trap was 10k as well...as i recall

Thief doesnt need a squad slot for porting, right? So . . . ;)

PS: Another (much more) reliable tactic to bring SpBs in for off bubbles, not getting interrupted . . . but I highly doubt that its gonna be used. SpBs will continue to charge in head on, and scourges will continue to ignore them instead of stripping the stab :p

/Joking

OMG the warband of Deadeyes teleporting in front of our zerg and insta killed everyone. Bastards even salted the goldfish the driver was carrying on them. What's worse is they then ported straight to the Stonemist lord who insta died with no time to dodge.

Oh wait...he doesn't dodge anyway.

/Joking Edit: It dropped my tags lol.

Will miss needle trap but the others...Will have to see how it plays out.

Seal Area prep looks good and I hope the new Rending Shade is as awesome as it sounds but I don't need to be in squad for that or anything else. The scale of most thief skills or modifiers are more for single or small group burst of offense, defense, or control even in support of a squad, most commanders know what you're doing out there and usually leave you to it. I could see Shadow Portal maybe propelling a mesmer deeper but most mesmers are good enough at what they do and are probably already moving by the time you think of a way to make it work.

Yes they will still be kicked. Nothing in their kit synergizes well enough to warrant a spot on a team. The portal they get is a watered down one way, limited occupancy portal.

The entire class has basically been crapped on for months now. Virtually every balance patch over the last year and then some removes one more useful element of the class often under the guise of a buff. The weapon sets are mostly cannibalized to the point that a core build is the best one left. Say that about another class in the game... better play core because the two expansions in the game have basically nerfed a class to pointlessness.