My IRL reactions while reading upcoming balance notes:
- Scrapper—Function Gyro: While scrapper specialization is equipped, this skill now occupies the F5 slot. Recharge has been increased to 30 seconds. This skill trait is now ground targeted at a range of 600 and creates a lightning field at the target point with a radius of 180. Within this radius, it spawns up to 6 function gyros targeting up to 3 enemies and/or 3 allies. Enemies are finished while allies are revived. This skill's recharge is increased by 50% for each function gyro spawned beyond the first. = "Oh.. my.. god..why? Every 30 seconds? What in the actual $%^&? This is essentially possessing both artifact buffs from Eternal Coliseum, all of the time. Function Gyro by itself is now almost equal to the entire support kit of Firebrand."
- Speed of Synergy: This new trait causes all leap finishers to give superspeed to the scrapper, and all blast finishers give superspeed in an area around you. + System Shocker: This new trait causes your function gyro to inflict daze in an area for 0.5 seconds when cast. Improves effectiveness of all lightning field finishers by 50%. = "That's at's a lot of extra CC & Superspeed boys. So the dazes will be longer off leaps through lightning fields, Function Gyro is another daze, in addition to Hammer #5 wow, and it's going to be able to rotate around the map nearly as fast as a Thief. I surely hope all of that superspeed leaping & blasting only works in-combat or this is going to make Scrapper a transcendent side node presence to any other class."_
- Object in Motion: This new trait increases outgoing damage by 5% if you have swiftness, superspeed, or stability. Each boon increases the bonus damage by 5%, up to a maximum of 15% if you have all three. = "...…."
- Kinetic Stabilizers: This trait is no longer triggered by Function Gyro. Instead it increases the duration of stuns and daze effects by 25%. It also grants stability and superspeed when disabling a foe. = "lolololololol"
- So what we're looking at is a class that has by far more revive power than anything else in the game to the point that it will actually be very difficult to even secure a kill if an experienced Scrapper is present, in addition to the ability to full team free stomp every opponent every 30s, that will be unkillable 1v1 on a side node, that has nearly 100% uptime of stability & superspeed and random elongated dazes & stuns, that rotates nearly as quickly as a Thief. Just... why is this happening? I surely hope as I read the rest of the patch notes, that something is buffed to be able to contest Scrapper. Well actually.. they need to be toning down the power creep, not making it worse like this, but whatever.
- These changes are actually good for both competitive modes and pve.
- I don't think these changes will necessarily be buffs or nerfs in competitive modes, but I could be wrong. These however: Flow of Time: The alacrity per clone shattered has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds & Seize the Moment: The quickness per clone shattered has been increased from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds, are going to be pretty kitten strong in pve.
- These changes won't change much. But this: Soul Eater: This trait no longer heals while shroud life force replaces health. <- This was an unnecessary nerf.
- Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit. = "Nice buff, not sure why this was focused on however."
- Reductions to unblockable uptime is adequate. This was really what needed to be addressed.
- "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus. = "This will remove Sic Em from play. The skill will no longer be worth using. Now everyone will begin running more dangerous Marksmanship builds that land even higher damage Mauls & Worldly Impacts. Aside from the popular complaints vs. Sic Em, mid-tiered players are about to find out that Sic Em was a skill that was preventing players from figuring out how to run Marksmanship builds that front a much higher and more frequent damage modifier for Mauls & Worldly Impacts than Sic Em could offer, as well as more stun breaks & dodges. The complaints about Marksmanship builds will be much worse and much more aggressive when people begin adapting their playstyle around it. This effect will be similar to the Mirage effect, where traits like Elusive Mind were secretly preventing players from discovering even more ridiculous Mesmer builds. Just a heads up: AoO 25%, MoC 50%, Remorseless 25% = +100% damage modifier for a given Maul or WI. I warned everyone, been warning you for months."
- Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds. = "Ok, as the last person who even plays Druid at a plat 2 level, just why? Why nerf Druid further? This is the stupidest and most unwarranted change in this entire list of patch notes. Let me explain why: First of all, making the recharge 20s from 18, just completely screws up the synergy of weapon swapping with the staff. The staff is generally used as a defensive measure and the #3 staff skill is the largest part of that defensive measure. Being able to evade while using it, allows the Druid to do what it does, and that is survive and disengage. So quite often, when a Druid swaps to staff they are able to use #3 immediately alongside of an effect such as sigil of escape. 18s CD scales perfectly for this purpose while weapon swapping back and forth between a damage weapon side and staff escape side. Now with a 20s CD, the player can no longer immediately use staff #3 escape, which is an enormous nerf to the already Renegade level gameplay in competitive modes. Secondly, having the recharge reduced by 5s if at least 1 other ally is healed during the use of staff #3? That's ridiculous for so many reasons. The Druid is a side node mainly in spvp, which means it is usually alone, and it doesn't have realistic reason to keep teleporting to its pet for the 5s reduction either. It needs to use the #3 to stay away from things, as far away as possible. Furthermore, the 5s CD would put it to a 15s recharge, which is meaningless because it doesn't matter if it is a 15s CD or an 18s CD, because weapon swapping takes 18s anyway to rotate, and Druid's DO NOT CAMP STAFF SIDE. So this effect granted of a 5s reduction is completely useless not only in competitive modes, but also in pve, where Druids are weapon swapping as often as possible to warhorn and back to staff, meaning it will take them at least 18s to be able to use staff #3 again. This change is a completely lackluster nerf to the Druid in competitive modes and pve. Why is there no one in the Arenanet office that is capable of recognizing skill trait practicality issues like this? <- This change needs to be reverted ASAP. I seriously do not understand why Arenanet would aim at making something like Scrapper an inordinately powerful force to be reckoned with, defensively, offensively, and now even with its mobility, but then continue to nerf the batshit out of something that quite seriously has a class representation of 1 person in the top 100." <- It's these kinds of changes that make gameplay feel funky & wonky, and not smooth.
- Upon all this ^ I'd just like to add that Druid is a class that needed significant straight flat buffing, not nerfing. The CA kit is a joke compared to FB kits. And now with Scrapper buffs, Scrapper is going to be a clear upgrade from Druid play in literally every aspect. Scrapper will have A LOT more sustain than a Druid, A LOT more damage, A LOT more CCs, waaaaaay better support, waaaay better kill securing power, it'll rotate fast as hell for disengage factor due to mass superspeed buffs, and still be able to front tons of stealth if it chooses. What are you guys doing? I mean who makes these decisions? I don't normally get enraged by patching just maybe a bit confused, but this time I'm actually pissed off about it. These changes are like Arenanet dropped a few weird suggestions into a hat that didn't make sense to begin with, shook them up, and then began drawing them out see what would randomly happen next.
- Not what I would have changed but w/e. Hopefully it tones things down a bit.
- Weird changes. I don't know enough about Thief to see if these will be useful or not.
- Rampage: Changed recharge to 120 seconds in all game modes. This skill no longer grants bonus toughness. Damage reduction has been increased from 25% to 50%. Damage reduction is now calculated multiplicatively instead of additively. = "No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no just no"
Everything that is the main problem PoF wise was completely 100% overlooked in this patch. Things that direly needed buffs were overlooked, and Scrapper was made ultra mode for absolutely no reason. I'm sorry guys, but this is the first time I have to speak out and say that this is a terrible patch, and I am quite disappointed.