flamethrower different fire animation on characters

im not good at work with pc so cant make pictures or videos to show but u can make few different engineer characters to check it coz i have seen sylvari or human females with engineers flamethrower skill 1 main attack do different fire attack animation than my male charr. my charr fire effect like butter color clouded so u cant see through fire and with long distance of fire where attack cant even reach enemy and black smoke at the end of fire but other players female human or sylvari had crystal clear pure fire color animation that u can even see through fire with smaller distance of fire coz u cant reach enemy far and there was no black smoke at the end of fire. i want arena.net to fix it and make my male charr flamethrower fire animation same as those female players.

That is not a bug. There was a patch a while back that changed some skills like the flamethrower attack have simpler animations with effects removed when you see other people use it. When you use it yourself it keeps the original full version of the animation.

https://imgur.com/a/Cnw5saB top image is from the engineer's pov, bottom is from another person standing at the same spot. Unfortunately you'll have to copy and paste that URL since linking on the forum is currently broken.

• 2 months later...

@Gautama.5378 said:well-still not fixed till now. my charr engineer still have old fire animation and i have seen some other players charrs with new so it was not made to be for all players and i hope with this remind again this bug will be fixed soon.Like @Khisanth.2948 said, it’s not a bug but a feature. If you want to see the same animation on other players, you need to deactivate/uncheck the option Effect LOD in the game’s graphic options.

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@Gautama.5378 said:well-still not fixed till now. my charr engineer still have old fire animation and i have seen some other players charrs with new so it was not made to be for all players and i hope with this remind again this bug will be fixed soon.Like @Khisanth.2948 said, it’s not a bug but a feature. If you want to see the same animation on other players, you need to deactivate/uncheck the option
Effect LOD
in the game’s graphic options.

i did it now like u said and deactivated effect lod option in graphic menu but i still have old fire animation on engineers flamethrower anyways. r u sure about what u said? maybe u dont understand the problem? or maybe i not did everything right-unmark effect lod-thats it? still nothing

@Gautama.5378 said:

@Gautama.5378 said:well-still not fixed till now. my charr engineer still have old fire animation and i have seen some other players charrs with new so it was not made to be for all players and i hope with this remind again this bug will be fixed soon.Like @Khisanth.2948 said, it’s not a bug but a feature. If you want to see the same animation on other players, you need to deactivate/uncheck the option
Effect LOD
in the game’s graphic options.

i did it now like u said and deactivated effect lod option in graphic menu but i still have old fire animation on engineers flamethrower anyways. r u sure about what u said? maybe u dont understand the problem? or maybe i not did everything right-unmark effect lod-thats it? still nothing

i read again and think maybe i misunderstand coz english is not my language and sometimes dont see the right meaning of sentences. so i cant see and make that animation on myself which i see on others coz it means i see just lower graphics on others and full on myself. it looked better to me and i thought i can have it as more beautiful effect but it seems i can only see mine on others coz effect which i want just means lower graphics or effects. omg lol pathetic coz simpler animation with effects removed looks even more beautiful better interesting to me with crystal clear pure through see fire and not a butter with black smoke

@Gautama.5378 said:i read again and think maybe i misunderstand coz english is not my language and sometimes dont see the right meaning of sentences. so i cant see and make that animation on myself which i see on others coz it means i see just lower graphics on others and full on myself. it looked better to me and i thought i can have it as more beautiful effect but it seems i can only see mine on others coz effect which i want just means lower graphics or effects. omg lol pathetic coz simpler animation with effects removed looks even more beautiful better interesting to me with crystal clear pure through see fire and not a butter with black smokeAs far as I understand, you want those “simpler” animation effects, you saw on other players, on your character, too. This isn’t possible and never will be. There was an old and long discussion about “tuned down” graphic effects. Even the Effect LOD was pretty buggy, as it was introduced. Now, it works like this:Your character always uses the full animation effects. If Effect LOD is activated, other players will always being displayed with tuned down effects. If Effect LOD is deactivated, other players will mostly use the full effects—unless there are to many effects at once. In this case, some effects from other players will be tuned down.

The only way to “tune down” the effects on your character is turning Animation on Low in the game’s graphic options. But you won’t get exactly those “simple” effects. And you will lose more, than just the full effects. There won’t be any hair animation for example.