IF devs nerf Scourge they need to compensate...

Zoltreez.6435

in Defense and Mobility.....

the moment you nerf dmg to be somewhat equal to others is the moment scourge gets useless because scourge don't realy have anything else compared to other classes.....

the moment other classes can casualy walk through shades is the moment we can put necros into the Bin... EXCEPT if its compensated with actual self sustain and mobility so they don't end up as a free kill....

as much as i allways defend necros i AGREE that its a bit silly whats going on with scourge right now and it needs some reworks fixes balancing......but if its only pure nerfs and nothing else then its better devs not even touch them to not kill necros off again....

People want it nerfed, i dont think lowering its damage or cutting its condi application will fix the issue. Its massive boon corrupt and long aoe fields are the issue covering pvp points for long times with increased condi pressure. Maybe a simple pvp and wvw change to boon converting skill cd increases and cutting the sand shade durations by half to lower the pressure time before ppl can enter the point. The game mode more to blame for the op nature of the spec. Im a mesmer and i hate all aoe but i still wouldnt want the elite spec gutted lol.

As much as I like condition-spam, if they nerf Scourge to buff the power-reaper, I would not complain. For Pvp, power-reaper is more fun, and promote "skill" gameplay, scourge is just spam aoe.

A good trade-off would be to buff Scourge for Pve, and Power-Reaper for Pvp.

but without split from pvp-pve i doubt it happen. Pvers complain about Scourge its not so good on pve.the lack of this split is the root of much problems.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:As much as I like condition-spam, if they nerf Scourge to buff the power-reaper, I would not complain. For Pvp, power-reaper is more fun, and promote "skill" gameplay, scourge is just spam aoe.

A good trade-off would be to buff Scourge for Pve, and Power-Reaper for Pvp.

but without split from pvp-pve i doubt it happen. Pvers complain about Scourge its not so good on pve.the lack of this split is the root of much problems.

Do you really think they are ever going to buff power reaper? We've been screaming for power reaper buffs for years and all they ever do is add more ferocity to reaper's onslaught.

Seriously, i don't know why the whole focus is on Necromancer>Scourge. If you remember, Necromancer was the red headed stepchild of Anet for 5 years. In fact, it's the longest nerf focus class than all classes combined. Reasons why Anet refused to make this class viable is because they were afraid of its conditions. The Hypocricity in all of it is howThief>Anet Favoritism class conditions were increasing almost in every "balance" patch.

Any new chances to make Necromancer viable were quickly nerfed >silently nerfed while their Favorite class thief viabilities were increasingly buffed without no reasons whatsoever.

Necromancer was the most abused class i and the most unfairly treated class in the game for 5 years.

"The Broken Necromancer" 5 years posthttps://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/The-Broken-Necromancer

"I am so glad I found these forums because I’ve been so frustrated with my necro and I see on these forums nearly everyone else is encountering the same problems I have. And I am truly grateful for all the constructive posts people have been making and it gives me hope that ArenaNet will do something about the sorry state of affairs that is the necro class"."I’ve been feeling so under powered on land as a necro and underwater combat is just a horrible, horrible encounter with frustration. It is clear from all the posts in this forum that the necro is either flat out broken or just a poorly designed class. Either way, ArenaNet, as much as I love you guys I have to hang up my level 50 necro until you guys make a serious effort to fix it; it’s just not fun. I’ll give my warrior a try because it has been a lot of fun (but I’m only level 7 or so on my warrior so maybe not enough hands on play with that class to know)".

Fast forward to Pof > Necromancer finally have a chance of viability and having an identity>condition master: Not Thief, Not Mesmer, Not Warrior, Not Elementalist, Not Guardian, Not Ranger, Not Engineer... None of those classes conditions should surpass Necromancer conditions Period!

Lastly, should Scourge be nerfed? To some degree but to compensate the nerf: all other classes conditions including Anet Favorite class> thief must be nerfed lower than Scourge conditions.

-Necromancer came a very long way, give it a chance to be free-

@Burnfall.9573 said:Seriously, i don't know why the whole focus is on Necromancer>Scourge. If you remember, Necromancer was the red headed stepchild of Anet for 5 years. In fact, it's the longest nerf focus class than all classes combined. Reasons why Anet refused to make this class viable is because they were afraid of its conditions. The Hypocricity in all of it is howThief>Anet Favoritism class conditions were increasing almost in every "balance" patch.

Any new chances to make Necromancer viable were quickly nerfed >silently nerfed while their Favorite class thief viabilities were increasingly buffed without no reasons whatsoever.

Necromancer was the most abused class i and the most unfairly treated class in the game for 5 years.

"The Broken Necromancer" 5 years posthttps://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/The-Broken-Necromancer

"I am so glad I found these forums because I’ve been so frustrated with my necro and I see on these forums nearly everyone else is encountering the same problems I have. And I am truly grateful for all the constructive posts people have been making and it gives me hope that ArenaNet will do something about the sorry state of affairs that is the necro class"."I’ve been feeling so under powered on land as a necro and underwater combat is just a horrible, horrible encounter with frustration. It is clear from all the posts in this forum that the necro is either flat out broken or just a poorly designed class. Either way, ArenaNet, as much as I love you guys I have to hang up my level 50 necro until you guys make a serious effort to fix it; it’s just not fun. I’ll give my warrior a try because it has been a lot of fun (but I’m only level 7 or so on my warrior so maybe not enough hands on play with that class to know)".

Fast forward to Pof > Necromancer finally have a chance of viability and having an identity>condition master: Not Thief, Not Mesmer, Not Warrior, Not Elementalist, Not Guardian, Not Ranger, Not Engineer... None of those classes conditions should surpass Necromancer conditions Period!

Lastly, should Scourge be nerfed? To some degree but to compensate the nerf: all other classes conditions including Anet Favorite class> thief must be nerfed lower than Scourge conditions.

-Necromancer came a very long way, give it a chance to be free-

yeah im big fan of "plague master" concept too.

@Milan.9035 said:I think they should nerf it with no compensation. Its a pve spec. Does not belong in pvp. Not every spec is made for every game mode.

Does that kitten you off?? Becuase as a renegade it sure pisses me off.

I hope they give you more defense same for Renegade.

I played Revenant since the HoT betas and I'm very disappointed and annoyed with Renegade as well, but just because we got the short end of the stick doesn't mean we need to beat others with it too.

@Kuya.6495 said:Could just nerf the shade radius without having to nerf damage. I think the hardest part about dealing with scourge is finding a spot to stand on without being destroyed.

Shades have a base radius of 180 which is smaller than some melee weapon's range in this game. The reason shades are "covering" points is becuase every decent scourge takes Savant for the single large shade, since 3 shade scourge is largely unmanageable and has serious issues repelling attackers.

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:Nah man just accept that after next balance patch. Necros and Warriors are going to be trash tiered classes in sPvP. We all know it's going to be this way. Remember the PvP Dev. team in this game has no control over class balancing.

If and when Scourge and Spellbreakers get nerfed, a new class will be on top as the "meta" class for pvp and chances are nothing much will change. bad players refusing to adapt to the meta will cry and complain on the forums and players that are willing to climb will switch classes for the sake of achieving victory. you people are literally fighting a fight you simply cannot win considering how the fault doesn't lie with the game itself, but with your attitudes.

Scourge is a monument to awful (PvP)class balancing.At close quarters it's as strong as a Raid boss,and at range it's as weak as a lvl 10 mob in Queensdale.

And there are a lot more balance related issues that simply get overshadowed at the moment,because of howcompletely bonkers Scourge,and to a less extent Spellbreaker,are.

After those two get nerfed,get ready for everyone crying about Firebrands bursting them down faster than they can pressthe cleanse skill,and invincible bunker Weavers.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Scourge isnt the issue imo,its condis in general that need to be taken a good look at.Same as in pve where they state power is weak,power isn't weak..Condi is just over the top.

I dont find condi strong at all in spvp. Scourge build is too broken. It has nothing to do with condi. Say if scourge condi did low damage and power scourge could crit people for 1million damage does that mean they need to nerf power across-the-board or just nerf that over tuned power build.

Yes they will nerf scourge condi output. No they will not compensate scourge for it. The sooner you accept this the less grief you will experience when the balance patch drops.Anet prioritizes thematics over everything else, its the reason why scourge uses this bad barrier system instead of proper negates. Mobility is not a theme of the class which is why they have refused to give the class a decent escape skill even when thieves were eating necros alive back in vanilla.

Its always interesting seeing newer people come into forums to repeat the same topics the older guys did. People have practically written books on necro's several issues on the forums which all went ignored. They all gave up and left. You dont see veterans like Bhawb or Nemesis anymore because they all realized Anet doesnt listen. Even Brazil has become abrasive now especially when talking about pvp because of Anets stunts.

Save yourself the mental anxeity and invest your time in a different game.

Just need to need the burns for scourge and maybe even overall for all classes so we include guardians. The torment I have no issue with, I can handle that. Burns I have no time to react while playing my bruiser builds, which is how I have the most fun in spvp

Scourge sustain when going blood magic instead of curses is amaaaazing though. Also got some pretty decent support for their team.

Also there are 2 "buffs" that would rly make our life better imo.1 starting the game with 20% LF. Seriously it's retarded to start with none, you always get a bunch of people jumping at you first teamfight and you have to survive with 0 fucking life force. And then you're OK LFwise for the rest of the game.2 plague signer passive disable while out of combat. I can't fucking stand being hit by a random 20s cripple while i'm rotating somewhere. Like necro isn't already immobile enough ?

@Milan.9035 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Scourge isnt the issue imo,its condis in general that need to be taken a good look at.Same as in pve where they state power is weak,power isn't weak..Condi is just over the top.

I dont find condi strong at all in spvp. Scourge build is too broken. It has nothing to do with condi. Say if scourge condi did low damage and power scourge could crit people for 1million damage does that mean they need to nerf power across-the-board or just nerf that over tuned power build.

I dont do "ifs".I know for a fact condi is broken for far too long across all classes.Speaking for myself,20k average dps power vs 33k condi on warr.Thats a big diff and it counts for about all classes where condi > power by a mile.Condi ticks too hard for how easy it is to apply and how easy it is to reapply.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

I dont do "ifs".I know for a fact condi is broken for far too long across all classes.Speaking for myself,20k average dps power vs 33k condi on warr.Thats a big diff and it counts for about all classes where condi > power by a mile.Condi ticks too hard for how easy it is to apply and how easy it is to reapply.

Changing condi ticks to have some interval like how certain boons work without touching damage could so something good.

Oh fuck me,why cant i remove my own post anet.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

The only condi build I have undue trouble with (as in, more trouble dealing with than a comparable power build), on any of the three professions I typically play in sPvP, is Scourge. I really don't think that conditions in general are too powerful, as most if not all professions have tools capable of dealing with a typical condi build, you just need to slot them and use them.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Nah man just accept that after next balance patch. Necros and Warriors are going to be trash tiered classes in sPvP. We all know it's going to be this way. Remember the PvP Dev. team in this game has no control over class balancing.

Doubtful. I don't play Necro, but my brother (who mains it) has at least four builds that he considers viable in (platinum level) sPvP (plus another build that he considers viable but does not use because he dislikes the playstyle). Two of them are Scourge, but the other two are Reaper.

Edit: Not so sure about Warrior, though, since neither the core profession nor Berserker are particularly good in sPvP. I would like for Spellbreaker to stay competitive, but currently it's a bit too strong.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Scourge is only Overpowered because the only game mode worth playing is conquest. It's too strong on points, along with trap builds. If they create some other game modes such as CTF, there will be no need to nerf scourge. Advocate for new game modes.

You never seen it in wvw ? The entire blob meta is evolved around necs and keeping them alive basically.

Archived