Rata Sum: Where Have All The Good Times Gone? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Rata Sum: Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

VanHalenRules.5243VanHalenRules.5243 Member ✭✭
edited July 13, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

There are very few things that ever disappoint me about GW2, I have considered it to be the best mmorpg overall by far as long as I've been playing it. I think Anet is a brilliant company, and I do not fault them for this in any way...

But kitten happened to Rata Sum lately? It's my home in the game (not just because most of my characters are asura), and it used to be the funnest place to just be goofy. We had groups of people playing music regularly and just had a good time for doing absolutely nothing in a game. Also it was MUCH better than going to the politics capital of the game (Lion's Arch), which still always has plenty of people. Just throwing it out there, even though I'm just one person and my opinion doesn't matter... but kitten, it would be nice to see Rata Sum be fun again! Come back, my fun peoples!

Yours truly, streaking choya.

Comments

• But kitten happened to Rata Sum lately? It's my home in the game (not just because most of my characters are asura), and it used to be the funnest place to just be goofy. We had groups of people playing music regularly and just had a good time for doing absolutely nothing in a game.

That still goes on. This month, the Dragon Bash brings people to Hoelbrak, so that's where I'd expect the crowd to go.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭

Most of us moved to Mistlock Sanctuary, its still Asura-themed and more fun.

Daisuki[SUKI] Founder | Mains Mariyuuna | ♀♥♀
    Akarissa, Auratashi, Hanamariko, Kanasuki, Kokonomori, Korisaki, Manakuro, Sarehtori, Terakura, Yukianna
    Alice Ryven, Alisha Kei, Baxia Tres, Caelia Flamestrike, Kiryka Darkwillow, Rikka Rowe, Tawni Rosemary, Thea Lux

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I usually have a character in Rata Sum because I find it the most convenient home instance for gathering and I only noticed a drop off in people when the Dragon Bash festival started. I suspect a lot of people moved to Hoelbrak because of the festival, and aren't visiting other cities as much because all the services are the same. They'll probably go back after the festival is over.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• KidRoleplay.3615KidRoleplay.3615 Member ✭✭✭

Super Adventure Box ended.

• The good times rolled. Down the ramps, after which they unfortunately bounced off course and fell into the depths of the pit under the city, whereupon they proceeded to break into many tiny pieces and make quite the mess.

In hindsight, this all probably could have been avoided if they had just walked instead. We never should have let the good times roll.

• @NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:
    The good times rolled. Down the ramps, after which they unfortunately bounced off course and fell into the depths of the pit under the city, whereupon they proceeded to break into many tiny pieces and make quite the mess.

In hindsight, this all probably could have been avoided if they had just walked instead. We never should have let the good times roll.

Next time, try letting the good times role play.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:
    The good times rolled. Down the ramps, after which they unfortunately bounced off course and fell into the depths of the pit under the city, whereupon they proceeded to break into many tiny pieces and make quite the mess.

Next time, try letting the good times role play.

But then that would involve letting them knock me around, and I really don't feel like dealing with that on my weekend.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.