Nerfing core and class feel instead of nerfing Espec power.

zealex.9410

I main chrono and it hasn't been fun for a long long time, they're taking away everything that separates a good chrono from a bad chrono, making it so uninteresting to play the class that its beyond me. And an issue that i find is quite relevant with every class, is instead of touching the actual output and performance of the class, they touch the FEEL of the class, ruining how it plays. This has happened so many times, to so many classes, ruining interesting rotations instead of nerfing their output in terms of CC, boons, or damage. Its ridiculous how you need to work AGAINST the balanceteam, instead of working with them in order to find a healthy balance between fun to play and actual output.

I'm never against nerfs, but the way anet nerfs things has been ridiculous for a long time in my personal opinion.Spec does too much damage? Hmm what should we do.. nerf traits in the spec and the spec specific skills in order to adjust output? No lets nerf core traits, fuck over core weaponskills and their feel, tweaking random cooldowns in ways that just makes rotations clunkier.

If you feel this was taken out of content thats because it is, its the words of someone else on discord about the general way anet has been aproaching balance (not just chrono) and it just resonated strongly with me.

I thought that hey could be a good piece of feedback to the devs and discussion between the ppl here.

@"zealex.9410" said:I main chrono and it hasn't been fun for a long long time, they're taking away everything that separates a good chrono from a bad chrono, making it so uninteresting to play the class that its beyond me. And an issue that i find is quite relevant with every class, is instead of touching the actual output and performance of the class, they touch the FEEL of the class, ruining how it plays. This has happened so many times, to so many classes, ruining interesting rotations instead of nerfing their output in terms of CC, boons, or damage. Its ridiculous how you need to work AGAINST the balanceteam, instead of working with them in order to find a healthy balance between fun to play and actual output.

I'm never against nerfs, but the way anet nerfs things has been ridiculous for a long time in my personal opinion.Spec does too much damage? Hmm what should we do.. nerf traits in the spec and the spec specific skills in order to adjust output? No lets nerf core traits, kitten over core weaponskills and their feel, tweaking random cooldowns in ways that just makes rotations clunkier.

If you feel this was taken out of content thats because it is, its the words of someone else on discord about the general way anet has been aproaching balance (not just chrono) and it just resonated strongly with me.

I thought that hey could be a good piece of feedback to the devs and discussion between the ppl here.

I agree. They "nerfed" Daredevil aswell, not dps output but feel instead. Atm ur forced to play without endurance and with "rotation" that has Even more auto attacking than before.. so fun.

well, maybe because Chrono has a broken design from the very start and needs to be completely redesigned. Even further than it is. That spec should have never been made, same as a Scourge, Mirage and I would argue even Firebrand.

I don't like many e-specs, most of them ruined the game, or are completely useless to be played.They should have just went with adding weapons and skills instead.

@Mikali.9651 said:well, maybe because Chrono has a broken design from the very start and needs to be completely redesigned. Even further than it is. That spec should have never been made, same as a Scourge, Mirage and I would argue even Firebrand.

I don't like many e-specs, most of them ruined the game, or are completely useless to be played.They should have just went with adding weapons and skills instead.

Im inclined to agree, having elite specs muds the waters when it comes to balancing for anet. If they cant nerf whats overperforming without hurting something thats not then we should've gone with the traditional aproach of just adding to the base class every expac.

I've only been playing my chronomancer in the open world, so I have to wonder how exactly the feel is going to change. You don't provide examples.All I can see on paper is a slight maximum potential nerf with the added value of fool-proof mechanics to help prevent wasting your Continuum Shift (because your clones suddenly decided to die on their own and now you can't spam all of your abilities during that unlucky one-second-and-a-half window). Now it's (probably?) going to be at least 3 seconds with you being invulnerable during the first few seconds, making it easier to spam abilities, which is the mechanic anyway.

@Airdive.2613 said:I've only been playing my chronomancer in the open world, so I have to wonder how exactly the feel is going to change. You don't provide examples.All I can see on paper is a slight maximum potential nerf with the added value of fool-proof mechanics to help prevent wasting your Continuum Shift (because your clones suddenly decided to die on their own and now you can't spam all of your abilities during that unlucky one-second-and-a-half window).

Wasting a CS is a learn to play issue.

@Airdive.2613 said:Now it's (probably?) going to be at least 3 seconds with you being invulnerable during the first few seconds, making it easier to spam abilities, which is the mechanic anyway.

Distortion is capped to 1 second and according to the patch notes does not scale with the amount of clones present when shattered. Worse yet, it can't be used as a defensive tool any more since if you use the new F4 as protection to get away, guess where you will end up after the CS ends... right back where you wanted to flee from.

Having no access to precasting with CS means an entire layer of possibilities gets removed. Currently chronos were able to cast 2 skills while CS is active without any clones out. Fast Timewarp, double Mass Invisibility, Timewarp with Tides of Time, etc. All of those are gone now making the chrono even more clunky.

Suffice to say, chrono is going to get a lot less fun or complex after tuesday.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Wasting a CS is a learn to play issue.

Yes, but it's sort of still good to not have your main mechanic fail (rather "fail") half of the time.

Distortion is capped to 1 second and according to the patch notes does not scale with the amount of clones present when shattered.

OK, this doesn't sound very useful, then.

Worse yet, it can't be used as a defensive tool any more since if you use the new F4 as protection to get away, guess where you will end up after the CS ends... right back where you wanted to flee from.

Which is a new learn to play issue, thus shouldn't pose a problem for chronomancer mains and can become a new thing separating good chronomancers from bad, I suppose? (I do realize it also means no easy F4 revives/finishes anymore, which is a noticeable nerf, though they didn't require an awful lot of skill to pull off.)

Having no access to precasting with CS means an entire layer of possibilities gets removed. Currently chronos were able to cast 2 skills while CS is active without any clones out. Fast Timewarp, double Mass Invisibility, Timewarp with Tides of Time, etc. All of those are gone now making the chrono even more clunky.

I see. I didn't know that, thanks for clarification.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:I feel you man. made a similar thread about how anet tries to reinvent the wheel every time instead of tweaking numbers/ adding functionality.

The main problem with their "tweaks" is they are mostly 50% nerfs or higher ... have been for a while now for mesmers case, as for the new shatter for chrono, it is either OP or worst than before, and for me it seems worse, but will wait for numbers.

And what is even worse is they need more patches to fix what they are going to mess with their shatter, poor chronos. Every patch they seem to need to learn new things, get used to, and then anet change it again, not to mention that at some point it costs gold xD