Battle Royale

Sovereign.1093

group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

what u think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we would see the same boring fights that we get in comped zergs (except a smaller scale).Also sounds like scourges will have a tremendous advantage because they will just need to wait for the map to get smaller and completely cover the area with their AOEs.

@Daishi.6027 said:I dunno how long it would be good for, might get stale very fast, but I would love to experience a 100 people+ Battle royal on a shrinking map with GW2 combat.d

From lone wolves to team matches.

I remember there was this Asian battle royale or something with samurai or what not. There were swords anyway. Could be interesting, but maybe not in wvw but pve somewhere.Just looked up the name, it was swordman x

@LaGranse.8652 said:Do not like the idea. Will be one or more groups that organize themself for team fights with everyone on voice chat always winning.

What's wrong with that? Skill + Coordination win team games. Same in WvW and PvP.

@RedShark.9548 said:You start without gear and have to work with what you get

Not sure if serious, but might even work with the new trait system, since you can switch builds in seconds.

@"derd.6413" said:trend-chasing is usually the first sign of a game's death: so no

Agree that trend-chasing is NOT the path for WvW to go down...

Sadly ANet might take this post seriously & do it...they already did Server Linking, Language Linking, and are planning to do Alliance Linking.

Long-Term Social bonds were a primary reason behind why players used to play WvW...imho

Un-fortunately...ANet doesn't believe in nurturing a Long-Term Community where folks participate & can socialize with other players they've known for years.

If you like Battle Royale & shoot em up games...I highly encourage you to go play these other games instead....where it's geared for short attention spans & where it's better if you don't get to know other players because it's everybody for themselves.

Fortnite should be afraid of these 10 upcoming games

Nothing matters & nobody cares...this seems like where WvW is headed to...so Battle Royale...might be a good thing to happen after Alliance Linking...where the only thing that matters is a single person in the end.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

This is what a Battle Royale game mode teaches you to be as a player.

Best way to kill off the rest of the community that used to be WvW & lose their interest in visiting the ANet Gem Store in the Long-Term.

The only players left...will be the ones that troll ANet & laugh at the Gem Store...because there's no reason to invest in the game to buy pretty things.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

there is already battle royale https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Southsun_Survival

if anet would want to create such battle royale as own game mode i think it can only be successful if all participants have the same class and extra for the battle royale designed skills to play, otherwise you see some partly stealthfest farming and the mode would not be popular.

things like perma stealth should have no room in that mode then. so it would rather be a modified version of southsun survival, which is hardly played i think cause most players dont even know that it exists xD

@schloumou.3982 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:Do not like the idea. Will be one or more groups that organize themself for team fights with everyone on voice chat always winning.

What's wrong with that? Skill + Coordination win team games. Same in WvW and PvP.

A battle royal is in my experience something fun you play with your friends. However GW2 is an MMO and will thus never have great balancing meaning some team compositions will be inherently better than other teams. This could be somewhat mitigated by creating tiers and limiting the size of preformed parties which the PvP ranked gamemode already does however this goes against what i see makes a battle royal fun, playing with your mates. WvW does not limit these factors however offer alternative ways to fight organized groups however I doubt the people looking for a battle royal want to have siege and/or defensive structures in it.

Maybe if the gamemode gave same rewards from coming last as first or better no rewards at all I guess that would promote more fun less tryhard gameplay.

That's my view on it at least.

I don't know how specifically it should scale during a match, I'm not opposed to weapons in chests with varying strength. Or gaining levels as you progress (with a hopefully inflated rate so you realistically jump to 80 by the end of 20 or so min). however, I feel like in terms of stats it should use the PvP amulets stead of PvE gear. How you acquire it mid match is up for debate (or if you start pre selected, or if everyone starts with Cele), but they need to remain standardized, so no low quality of the same stat.

I think a lot needs to be done to not have people spending long in build windows and having their builds craft them selves in the progression system, OR if what you find around the map are buffs.

This game type needs to turn off health regeneration out of combat, and heal skills probably need charges you find, or long cooldowns you reduce with pickups.

Old game not designed for battle royale with a new half baked battle royale is not going to pull players out of games designed around the mode. Basically a crappy BR isn't going to win any new fans. I like the events idea but there is just too much BR already out there.

@Straegen.2938 said:I like the events idea but there is just too much BR already out there.

To paraphrase that great sage of our times, Jim Sterling: All the companies that tried to copy WoW, failed. Because all the customers that wanted WoW, already had WoW.

And besides, if they started on it right now they'd likely miss the end of the fad by a wide margin.