Chronomancer changes and Fractals

Jables.4659

As I was going through the CM+T4 daily routine today I started thinking about the upcoming changes to Chronomancer would impact the way I play. After the heavy nerfs to Boon Chrono its rarely used in PUGs, so I've been playing Power DPS Chronomancer for quite some time. Its not even close to being an optimal in combat DPS class due to the delayed nature of phantasms, but it generally makes up for this with all of the skips and utility it provides out of combat. In the Uncategorized fractal I did my usual thing of swapping to Portal, cont. splitting mass invisibility and then going through the initial JP and porting my party up. It dawned on me that with the loss of the "illusionary persona effect" in tomorrow's patch, this will no longer be possible. Another case where this same tactic comes in handy is Molten Boss, where a chronomancer can lay a portal at the initial mistlock, cont split mass invis with PU traited, grab mistlock, and then begin running solo past the mobs double mass invis'ing again as you run to lay the exit portal on the fire aoe bridge without dragging the mobs down with you. Other skips like the Aetherblade blink past the electic bridge will remain, but it feels like Anet is continually decreasing Chronomancer's offerings to a Fractal party without compensating Mesmer with much of anything. Condition Mirage is amazing on some raid bosses, but its fairly lackluster in Fractals where the fights are too short to make good use condition damage.

I guess I just wanted to vent a little bit about how my favorite class is becoming more and more irrelevant in Fractals as each balance patch arrives.

@praqtos.9035 said:Mesmer is pretty much irrelevant in common T4+CMs, firebrigade replaced it entirely and literally nobody looking for it. (They agree to take chrono if they are tired to wait for renegade :joy: )

This.

Get with the times, stop runnig inefficient comps. Arenanet doesn't want chrono and druid to remain meta. Jump on the Firebrigade bandwagon until the next expansions with new elite specializations.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Mesmer is pretty much irrelevant in common T4+CMs, firebrigade replaced it entirely and literally nobody looking for it. (They agree to take chrono if they are tired to wait for renegade :joy: )

This.

Get with the times, stop runnig inefficient comps. Arenanet doesn't want chrono and druid to remain meta. Jump on the Firebrigade bandwagon until the next expansions with new elite specializations.I have seen some pretty funny post in balance thread its sounded like:You can just play something like : 2 DH, quickbrand,heal FB + renegade. Its safe to main guardian for wvw/pve/pvp (if you agree to be a support)

Well anet doesn’t really seem to care if it nerfs any sort of skip potential, they prolly didn’t expect players to be skipping content like that in the first place.

Edit: after patch and with the examples given, you would technically still be able to cast mirror images from 1200 range at some rando mob for the clone requirement to cast csplit.