We gain nothing from playing wvw

Ryudnard.2587

Just can't replace the type of people I've met on the battlefield. Brothers and sisters! Rise up!

I've always said it, as long as the gameplay loop is solid something doesn't need to be changed, just gradually updated and fixed whenever an issue crops up.

Agree with OP, wvw is the best thing in gw2 and all of its myriad problems are 100% player created and not intrinsic to the mode . . .

Also agree with those who pointed out that the leg armor and easy collection completions via reward tracks were a nice bonus too :)

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Agree with OP, wvw is the best thing in gw2 and all of its myriad problems are 100% player created and not intrinsic to the mode . . .Excluding class balance, server lag, bad decisions and fixes that takes forever...i agree with you.

Ack, you're right, that is a good point about the servers. As a solo roamer I forget about all the poor zerglings who have to deal with that. The rest is on the players tho . . .

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anything that improves wvw, can be talked only after alliance system goes live.

Maybe they should make a standalone version of WvW with a new engine, multitude of classes, races, all available weapons, well thought out population, balance, etc and most of all fixes for latency and skill lag. I only dream of this, and I just hope alliance doesn't release with gw3.

In a different game i played, there was seasons(like a month long skirmish between guilds/clans). Whoever won the skirmish got shiny skins(weapons/armors)+some currencies according to their placement. This created a matter of prestige that we won season 4 for example so i have this exclusive skin to show that no one has except people who won with me. 2nd to 5th got different skin(watered down version of 1st but still good skin) and others got a participation skin too but not as fancy as top ones. This creates a storm of competitiveness and engagement when you give exclusive items as rewards. Yes there are bandwagons, but the number of players involved are so many that everyone cannot fit in top10 placements thus the overflow of players renders concept of bandwagon irrelevant. Also the skirmish is guild based so thats that.

@XECOR.2814 said:In a different game i played, there was seasons(like a month long skirmish between guilds/clans). Whoever won the skirmish got shiny skins(weapons/armors)+some currencies according to their placement. This created a matter of prestige that we won season 4 for example so i have this exclusive skin to show that no one has except people who won with me. 2nd to 5th got different skin(watered down version of 1st but still good skin) and others got a participation skin too but not as fancy as top ones. This creates a storm of competitiveness and engagement when you give exclusive items as rewards. Yes there are bandwagons, but the number of players involved are so many that everyone cannot fit in top10 placements thus the overflow of players renders concept of bandwagon irrelevant. Also the skirmish is guild based so thats that.

what game