Rampage toughness nerf in WvW is a very bad idea.

Hitman.5829

In PvE and PvP rampage does not grant toughness, ONLY in WvW and that is for a very good reason.Rampage is mainly used for melee combat and for charging at blobs of enemy players in huge serg fights thanks to the extra toughness we can survive a bit longer.If you remove the extra toughness, then it will only be balanced in small 1 vs 1 scale fights instead of being balanced in large scale fights like WvW.

If you are going on that path to balance skills based on 1 vs 1, the you should start with skills from other professions (NECRO, revenant, guardian)

Why would you even start to think about using rampage in large WvW zerg? How is increasing the damage reduction to 50% a nerf compare to some extra toughness? If anything, rampage will end up with greater damage reduction and no drawback except a longer CD in PvP and WvW. Unless you think that temporary toughness is taken into account for consummable and toughness conversion traits, which is not the case. Outside of the CD the change will have absolutely no impact on your performance when charging into a zerg (if it's something that you enjoy and your zerg curiously allow you to play a non meta build)

@Dadnir.5038 said:Why would you even start to think about using rampage in large WvW zerg? How is increasing the damage reduction to 50% a nerf compare to some extra toughness? If anything, rampage will end up with greater damage reduction and no drawback except a longer CD in PvP and WvW. Unless you think that temporary toughness is taken into account for consummable and toughness conversion traits, which is not the case. Outside of the CD the change will have absolutely no impact on your performance when charging into a zerg (if it's something that you enjoy and your zerg curiously allow you to play a non meta build)

I always use rampage in large scale fights it has stability, toughness, CC.Rampage is meant to be a large scale fight skill.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Why would you even start to think about using rampage in large WvW zerg? How is increasing the damage reduction to 50% a nerf compare to some extra toughness? If anything, rampage will end up with greater damage reduction and no drawback except a longer CD in PvP and WvW. Unless you think that temporary toughness is taken into account for consummable and toughness conversion traits, which is not the case. Outside of the CD the change will have absolutely no impact on your performance when charging into a zerg (if it's something that you enjoy and your zerg curiously allow you to play a non meta build)

I always use rampage in large scale fights it has stability, toughness, CC.Rampage is meant to be a large scale fight skill.

That seems like an opinion dressed up as a fact. It has as much of a use in large scale as it has in small scale fights.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

That seems like an opinion dressed up as a fact. It has as much of a use in large scale as it has in small scale fights.

Yeah, no one uses Rampage in large scale. Never has, ever.

Winds and Banner are much better, not even close. Been GVGing for 7 years and the only time I used Rampage for large scale was in a GvG when i was running Berserker as a meme and Rampage allowed me to stay alive longer and not be entirely useless while waiting for Berserk to come back off CD.

Also, dmg reduction over toughness is a huge buff? You take reduced dmg from both conditions and physical dmg now instead of just the latter.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

Yeah, no one uses Rampage in large scale. Never has, ever.

Winds and Banner are much better, not even close. Been GVGing for 7 years and the only time I used Rampage for large scale was in a GvG when i was running Berserker as a meme and Rampage allowed me to stay alive longer and not be entirely useless while waiting for Berserk to come back off CD.

Also, dmg reduction over toughness is a huge buff? You take reduced dmg from both conditions and physical dmg now instead of just the latter.

I believe damage reduction applies only to physical damage. There are other effects that reduce condition damage, like light aura, some traits, and some runes.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:If i ever see a Warrior that uses Rampage in a Zerg Fight, i will instantly loose all respect of him.

WvW is about Teamwork and not selfishness.

Go help your team by using Bubble.

It is all about survival of the fittest. In a serg fight, when I am not in a group and all the ones who are in a group die, guess who is the one that always survives?Yes, that is me! I survive because:

• I have the best traits and skills for my profession.
  • I have the gut feeling to tell when the fight its done
  • I have the skill to survive alone with no boons or heals.
  • I have a mouse with 12 buttons.

Survival of the fittest baby!I rarely ever die in blob fights.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:If i ever see a Warrior that uses Rampage in a Zerg Fight, i will instantly loose all respect of him.

It is all about survival of the fittest. In a serg fight, when I am not in a group and all the ones who are in a group die, guess who is the one that always survives?Yes, that is me! I survive because:

Double EP, and runes of speed or superspeed keep me alive when I dive in and out. Still room for an elite that actually helps the zerg to boot. As a spellbreaker you can just dive in and out laying down your bursts... I've done that even with all the scourge vomit cluttering the screen.

Staying alive in a zerg is not hard. Staying alive and actually helping is a different story.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Double EP, and runes of speed or superspeed keep me alive when I dive in and out. Still room for an elite that actually helps the zerg to boot. As a spellbreaker you can just dive in and out laying down your bursts... I've done that even with all the scourge vomit cluttering the screen.

Staying alive in a zerg is not hard. Staying alive and actually helping is a different story.

Well, i dare you to try a berserker build in a serg fight of 60+ and remain alive.And you have to be the one that downs the enemies.Every time I rush onto an enemy serg I see 3 to 4 downs around me.

Can you do that with your build? I don't think so!

@Hitman.5829 said:

Well, i dare you to try a berserker build in a serg fight of 60+ and remain alive.And you have to be the one that downs the enemies.Every time I rush onto an enemy serg I see 3 to 4 downs around me.

Double EP, Savage instinct, Strength and Berserker traits are all you need man. Pop an adrenaline gain skill, get in, burst, Blood Reckoning, burst, get out. Still have room for Warbanner.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:If i ever see a Warrior that uses Rampage in a Zerg Fight, i will instantly loose all respect of him.

Double EP, Savage instinct, Strength and Berserker traits are all you need man. Pop an adrenaline gain skill, get in, burst, Blood Reckoning, burst, get out. Still have room for Warbanner.

My man, you aint trying to teach this legendary beast warrior how to play in WvW blobs fights are you?You can't give me advice unless you have achieved the legendary title "Lone serg killer" Yes, I defeated a serg of 30 all by myself.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:If i ever see a Warrior that uses Rampage in a Zerg Fight, i will instantly loose all respect of him.

My man, you aint trying to teach this legendary beast warrior how to play in WvW blobs fights are you?You can't give me advice unless you have achieved the legendary title
Yes, I defeated a serg of 30 all by myself.

Worst troll attempt ever. Move on everyone.