Preparation utilities being triggered by Warclaw skill 1....

Sico.6941

My thoughts on preparations so far:Prepare pitfall/thousand needles - I love the animations when they trigger first of all. My main issue with these skills is the cast+arm time. Like I mentioned earlier, it is a hindrance - would prefer if you could drop and at least insta activate after initial 1/2s cast. Or just insta drop and then 1/2s before being able to activate. The reason for insta drop would be for precise laying instead of the other way around of 1/2s cast and insta activate. I do not like the arm time at all. 3 1/2 of not doing anything is bad for a thief, and then you have to guide them onto the preparation. Secondly, I think the only way to be effective with this is to utilise a more trolly method of deployment which is through heavy stealth, and a lot of people do not like that.Prepare Shadow Portal - very situational use, either for backcapping, juking and other shenanigans - can be fun but still very situational.Prepare Seal Area - this is the most useful preparation atm for me. I preplan usually the use for this one, unless I am a certain distance ahead to kite them, then I trap them inside the bubble like a fly, and steal into them and daggerstorm or what not. Good for healing allies too but again, the cast+arm time comes into play.

Please do something about that cast+arm time, I really want to use pitfall/thousand needle in scenarios that don't lead to my death just deploying it and trying to activate, as that is already an extra button+time involved. They shouldn't be like C4 :P

@DemonSeed.3528 said:My thoughts on preparations so far:Prepare pitfall/thousand needles - I love the animations when they trigger first of all. My main issue with these skills is the cast+arm time. Like I mentioned earlier, it is a hindrance - would prefer if you could drop and at least insta activate after initial 1/2s cast. Or just insta drop and then 1/2s before being able to activate. The reason for insta drop would be for precise laying instead of the other way around of 1/2s cast and insta activate. I do not like the arm time at all. 3 1/2 of not doing anything is bad for a thief, and then you have to guide them onto the preparation. Secondly, I think the only way to be effective with this is to utilise a more trolly method of deployment which is through heavy stealth, and a lot of people do not like that.Prepare Shadow Portal - very situational use, either for backcapping, juking and other shenanigans - can be fun but still very situational.Prepare Seal Area - this is the most useful preparation atm for me. I preplan usually the use for this one, unless I am a certain distance ahead to kite them, then I trap them inside the bubble like a fly, and steal into them and daggerstorm or what not. Good for healing allies too but again, the cast+arm time comes into play.

Please do something about that cast+arm time, I really want to use pitfall/thousand needle in scenarios that don't lead to my death just deploying it and trying to activate, as that is already an extra button+time involved. They shouldn't be like C4 :P

it's almost like preparation skills are meant to prepare for combat, like an ambush.

@derd.6413 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:My thoughts on preparations so far:Prepare pitfall/thousand needles - I love the animations when they trigger first of all. My main issue with these skills is the cast+arm time. Like I mentioned earlier, it is a hindrance - would prefer if you could drop and at least insta activate after initial 1/2s cast. Or just insta drop and then 1/2s before being able to activate. The reason for insta drop would be for precise laying instead of the other way around of 1/2s cast and insta activate. I do not like the arm time at all. 3 1/2 of not doing anything is bad for a thief, and then you have to guide them onto the preparation. Secondly, I think the only way to be effective with this is to utilise a more trolly method of deployment which is through heavy stealth, and a lot of people do not like that.Prepare Shadow Portal - very situational use, either for backcapping, juking and other shenanigans - can be fun but still very situational.Prepare Seal Area - this is the most useful preparation atm for me. I preplan usually the use for this one, unless I am a certain distance ahead to kite them, then I trap them inside the bubble like a fly, and steal into them and daggerstorm or what not. Good for healing allies too but again, the cast+arm time comes into play.

it's almost like preparation skills are meant to prepare for combat, like an ambush.

Which against real players are useless and easy to avoid unless they leave no tells

@"Trianox.3486" said:Yeah, report in the bug section?

Better: use the in-game /bug reporting tool.(Besides automatically queuing up a bug report in their system, it also adds other diagnostic data which might be helpful in troubleshooting.)All things equal, some of the devs say they prefer to see it used over forum reports and/or support tickets (although obviously, some bugs are too "interesting" for /bug to be sufficient.)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Which against real players are useless and easy to avoid unless they leave no tells

Have you seen the 20 target cap on the area seal? Is there a game mode where you have 3 seconds or more and than that many players who go through a choke? This prepartion can spell doom if correctly used with Winds of Disenchantment after a gate breach in WvW. So yes, they are meant for ambushes. You don't reliably use them in fights, you use them before. But I guess ambush tools (like using them way ahead of an engagement) for an assassin class are a bit far fetched. /irony off

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

Have you seen the 20 target cap on the area seal? Is there a game mode where you have 3 seconds or more and than that many players who go through a choke? This prepartion can spell doom if correctly used with Winds of Disenchantment after a gate breach in WvW. So yes, they are meant for ambushes. You don't reliably use them in fights, you use them before. But I guess ambush tools (like using them way ahead of an engagement) for an assassin class are a bit far fetched. /irony off

My point is if theres a ring or tell of the trap than u can place them in a chokepount and that's awsome cuz I just wouldn't go thru choke point if I see a trap layed there lol. If there's no tell then I definitely could see the use. Like if a Dh puts a trap in a narrow space I simply avoid it. I'm at work so havent seen if the laid traps leave a tell for opponents.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:My thoughts on preparations so far:Prepare pitfall/thousand needles - I love the animations when they trigger first of all. My main issue with these skills is the cast+arm time. Like I mentioned earlier, it is a hindrance - would prefer if you could drop and at least insta activate after initial 1/2s cast. Or just insta drop and then 1/2s before being able to activate. The reason for insta drop would be for precise laying instead of the other way around of 1/2s cast and insta activate. I do not like the arm time at all. 3 1/2 of not doing anything is bad for a thief, and then you have to guide them onto the preparation. Secondly, I think the only way to be effective with this is to utilise a more trolly method of deployment which is through heavy stealth, and a lot of people do not like that.Prepare Shadow Portal - very situational use, either for backcapping, juking and other shenanigans - can be fun but still very situational.Prepare Seal Area - this is the most useful preparation atm for me. I preplan usually the use for this one, unless I am a certain distance ahead to kite them, then I trap them inside the bubble like a fly, and steal into them and daggerstorm or what not. Good for healing allies too but again, the cast+arm time comes into play.

if they leave a tell that'd be dumb, yesi'm not saying these new skills don't have issues but if you're going to complain at least make sure your using them "properly"

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

My point is if theres a ring or tell of the trap than u can place them in a chokepount and that's awsome cuz I just wouldn't go thru choke point if I see a trap layed there lol. If there's no tell then I definitely could see the use. Like if a Dh puts a trap in a narrow space I simply avoid it. I'm at work so havent seen if the laid traps leave a tell for opponents.

They leave no tell (tested in guildhall arena). You only see a little dust cloud during placement (like with all traps). If you place them clever not even this is visible.

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

They leave no tell (tested in guildhall arena). You only see a little dust cloud during placement (like with all traps). If you place them clever not even this is visible.

Ok that's no to shabby