Berserker after todays patch...

PhObLife.8370

I haven't been playing berserker in a long time. Was playing core warrior for PvE but decided to give it a try again.

Just testing out my berserker damage in Mistlock Observatory. :)

No DPS meter. Just hit by hit.

Axe/axe/mace is my personal preference. I prefer to play it that way over greatsword/bow or any other combination in PvE.

I don't play PvP or WvW. Only in open world PvE. Story, campaign, events, etc.

Nothing fancy. ;) A very simple video. ^^

Note that in this video I am using some WvW +5 mighty infusions. I got those by getting "Badge of Honor" for free from achievement chests. It took very long time. Many years to get all of them.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Mister Ch.7854 said:So what's the point of this post again?

Well the post might not have a purpose but looking at the video, it's clear that the cast time on the axe primal burst is awful. I like axe because it's usually a quick weapon but this primal burst... It's so slow... It hurt my mind just seeing it.

Even the axe's burst on core warrior feels kind of slow. They should put the animation and cast time like the dagger's burst. This one feels smooth, fast and nice.Well, come to think of it, I'd like every weapon's burst to have a smoother animation and cast time now.

The point speaks for itself. ;)

In a real event like Death Branded Shatterer it hit's way harder. Maby a video of me testing it on a dummy is a bit missleading for open world PvE.

I will update this post with another clip from a world event instead when I can get around to it.

Just yesterday I joined a world boss run and my Whirling Axe was doing in the 60-100k region depending on boss.

If timed correctly, in 1 rotation I can get in 5 good hits with decapitate. Sure the casting time of "Decapitate" is a bit slow but it was doing in the 30-45k+ region.

In a event with massive amount of players it becomes even easier with all the buffs going on.

It has got way, way more DPS/damage than it did before patch. Well not as much as back when berserker was first released but there are certainly more than needed.

I'd say berserker is overpowered in open world PvE again. ^^ Not that I complain. In fact I enjoy it! :p

Probably getting nerfed again in the future...

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Mister Ch.7854" said:So what's the point of this post again?

Well the post might not have a purpose but looking at the video, it's clear that the cast time on the axe primal burst is awful. I like axe because it's usually a quick weapon but this primal burst... It's so slow... It hurt my mind just seeing it.

True,im loving the damage and able to do multiple bursts "If" they land and i can keep gaining adren back fast enough to do so offcourse..But the slowness of the cast time makes it feel kinda wonky to me. Unless youre hitting a static pve target,it doesnt feel smooth to use in pvp imo.

@Edge.8724 said:

Even the axe's burst on core warrior feels kind of slow. They should put the animation and cast time like the dagger's burst. This one feels smooth, fast and nice.Well, come to think of it, I'd like every weapon's burst to have a smoother animation and cast time now.

Axe primal burst on berserker is affected by quickness. The guy doesnt have any boons up and only quickness he gets is from axe 4 for a few seconds

@Les.4872 said:

Axe primal burst on berserker is affected by quickness. The guy doesnt have any boons up and only quickness he gets is from axe 4 for a few seconds

You are correct I don't have much boons up except for 25 stacks of might. It takes a while to build it up against a dummy for me. Halfway at the end of this clip I have 25 stacks. In open world with massive amount of players like a boss run, it builds up almost instantly.

It's a glass cannon build so you deal as much damage as you can, then die and come back. Rinse and repeat type of playstyle.

In fact you should not care much if you die a lot if you are running a glass cannon as long as you are dealing enough damage every time each round.

This build was made for open world PvE boss runs to fit my playstyle. Mostly relying on other players buffs. There I have 25 stacks up constantly. It almost never dips down + loads of other buffs. So many that it lags horribly from all the VFX effects.

100k total damage with whirling axe is not a problem depending on boss. It has to be in a lvl 80 area though for it to do that much.

I did notice that when it hits 100k it is exactly at 100000. I don't know but maby that is the hard cap? I am not 100% sure but it never seems to go over that number...

The Headbutt change is the dumbest thing I've seen. More damage is not going to make up for losing stability where I can get CCd at a critical moment. I took headbutt and stability to get around the self-stun, that was the point. NOW I'm pigeon-holed into taking a stunbreak skill for basically no reason.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:The Headbutt change is the dumbest thing I've seen. More damage is not going to make up for losing stability where I can get CCd at a critical moment. I took headbutt and stability to get around the self-stun, that was the point. NOW I'm pigeon-holed into taking a stunbreak skill for basically no reason.

I do believe the skill removes the targets stability when you connect causing an increase in damage as well as stripping all their stacks.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:The Headbutt change is the dumbest thing I've seen. More damage is not going to make up for losing stability where I can get CCd at a critical moment. I took headbutt and stability to get around the self-stun, that was the point. NOW I'm pigeon-holed into taking a stunbreak skill for basically no reason.

Yeah it's a bit shame really. It could be mitigated if you play in a team and if someone else have skill/spell that grants stability to allies, but it would have to be used the moment you loose your stability making it more difficult.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

I do believe the skill removes the targets stability when you connect causing an increase in damage as well as stripping all their stacks.

I have tested it and it was my stability that got removed when I used Head Butt.

But atleast you can bring down the break-bar of a champion level mob on your own by using mace in offhand and using skill 5+Head Butt+Wild Blow in one go. Works well in team or large scale open world PvE events.

I have not tested it against every champion in the game so I am not sure it will work on all of them but it will atleast bring it down significantly...

Primary: Axe/AxeSecondary: None/Mace(When you swapp weapons during battle it will become Axe/Mace)

Solo playing is another story. My oppinion is that it's still easier to survive as core warrior in PvE. Not as much damage but there still are enough to kill things rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

Primary:
Axe/Axe
Secondary:
None/Mace(When you swapp weapons during battle it will become Axe/Mace)

What is the sigil For the weapons? especially the mace?

Depends on the encounter. I have several sets depending on what I am fighting.

Example-1: If it's condition heavy I use Superior Sigil of Cleasnsing on my mace.

Example-2: If I have trouble keeping might up, for instance if I am soloing then I use Superior Sigil of Battle.

I mostly play in open world PvE and I often attend large scale events, so I usually have cleansing sigil on my mace as conditions tends to get out of hand there. ^^

On my main axe I have Superior Sigil of Accuracy or Superior Sigil of Force depending on build I am running.

On my offhand axe it's usually Superior Sigil of Strength as I am using scholar runes on armor.

Pretty much glass cannon build just some small adjustments to fit my playstyle but other than that it's a rinse and repeat playstyle.

Dish out as much DPS as I can before I die and then come back.

At the moment though I am not running berserker. I went back to core warrior because it is easier to stay alive longer.

The longer you stay alive before you die the more DPS you gonna dish out...

@melandru.3876 said:lol?

does it really matter...for open world

Yes it actually does lol. ^^ Just my personal oppinion. Everyone thinks different.

If a player have been around for long like since beta 1 of GW2 then that person is a dedicated player.

But it could also be a player who acts and behaves in a certain way about the game. Has nothing to do with playtime.

Not bragging but players with experience who knows how to play their character do that no matter game mode.

Let's say you are playing only WvW and have done so for a long time and are good at it. Then one day you decide to go for PvE.

Would you just run straight in completely blind with any random build just for the sake of it? Or do you do extensive research and find out about specific builds etc...

Even better develop your own build with what you have in game to suit your playstyle! ;)

No offense but if you play like a pro then you do that no matter game mode. Not that PvE is any difficult but it's a matter of priciple.

Doesn't matter if you are casual or elitist. Anyone would benefit from a build that you can actually play and know how to use and even better if it's easy to use.

In the long run, knowledge, persistence and some common sense leads to victory.

Yeah I know It's just a game but what most players tend to forget is that it's not just charcacters and enemies while playing.

Behind every player character is a real person. It's anonymous in the game because we are all hiding behind our computers, I admit it. You get stuck sometimes. :p

Real life rules, regulations and laws still apply in game. Atleast I try to behave myself as I would for real. You can get far with respect and morals even in a game.

Respect though is something you have to earn. It's not gained through fear and vilolence. That sort of respect is the wrong kind...

A bit off topic now. :p

To get back into the topic and discussion: What I am trying to say is that in the end it doesn't matter what build or character you play as long as you enjoy it! :)

But if a player like myself decides to take characters and builds seriously even in PvE then it's their god given right to do so. ^^

Best regards...

@PhObLife.8370 said:I haven't been playing berserker in a long time. Was playing core warrior for PvE but decided to give it a try again.

Just testing out my berserker damage in Mistlock Observatory. :)*snip

PhObLife,

Thank you for your post and the video! I really like the damage you're putting out! :+1:I might have to try Berzerker again with your setup! :smile:

....and that's a really cool looking Charr you got there! :sunglasses:

Cheers!

@melandru.3876 said:

@"PhObLife.8370" said:

To get back into the topic and discussion: What I am trying to say is that in the end it doesn't matter what build or character you play as long as you enjoy it! :)

so you wrote me a full book, to then end with the line i said "it does not matter"

Yes I know you did. ^^

Then write it doesn't matter to "you" specifically or use the word "it's just my opinion" or so...

Lots of people have different opinions and in my opinion it does matter and it does too for others excluding yourself. Some may think same as you ofcourse.

You wrote in a way that it sounded like it's the final. That it is so for everyone. You allready made your mind up and it doesn't matter what other thinks.

But in real life it doesn't work like that. You have to respect others opinions even though you don't always agree with it. Not everyone thinks as you do.

Please nexttime use common sense before writing. ^^ Keep it more diplomatic if you are able to. ;)

I have done it too lol! :p A lot of people have. Writing without thinking. But we all learn from our misstakes hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

berserker is useless in pvpthey want new playstyle yet they completely gutted the new hit and run playstyle within the first month and now berserker still plays like warrior/spellbreaker but two times weaker, specially when you have your entire class mechanics triple gated by 30 hit points energy, 15 seconds CD and 5 seconds CD, really good balance design anet, unbelievable

@Lighter.5631 said:berserker is useless in pvpthey want new playstyle yet they completely gutted the new hit and run playstyle within the first month and now berserker still plays like warrior/spellbreaker but two times weaker, specially when you have your entire class mechanics triple gated by 30 hit points energy, 15 seconds CD and 5 seconds CD, really good balance design anet, unbelievable

The 30 points of adrenaline can be gained by using one of 3 skills. Double tap F1. BMode plus a burst that comes with a DPS boost. ITs up to you though if you want to take one of those 3 skills though.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:berserker is useless in pvpthey want new playstyle yet they completely gutted the new hit and run playstyle within the first month and now berserker still plays like warrior/spellbreaker but two times weaker, specially when you have your entire class mechanics triple gated by 30 hit points energy, 15 seconds CD and 5 seconds CD, really good balance design anet, unbelievable

The 30 points of adrenaline can be gained by using one of 3 skills. Double tap F1. BMode plus a burst that comes with a DPS boost. ITs up to you though if you want to take one of those 3 skills though.

does it matter tho, you are just changing the 30 hit point gate to one utility skill gate, which is still ridiculous

@Lighter.5631 said:

does it matter tho, you are just changing the 30 hit point gate to one utility skill gate, which is still ridiculous

Not really. You have options. Use them or stop QQing.

how is having option of triple gated behind one utility slot, 15 seconds CD and 5 seconds make it completely fine,you should be the only 1 who should stop QQing about valid complaints.also stop commenting from your delusional wvw experience hitting low level and green gear trash enemies and maybe start talking when you actually get pass silver

@Lighter.5631 said:

how is having option of triple gated behind one utility slot, 15 seconds CD and 5 seconds make it completely fine, you should be the only who stop QQing about valid complaints and maybe start talking when you actually get pass silver

Not the one QQing here mate. Anet gave you the tools around all of those complaints, further complaining is just QQ on your part.

Not very good thinking about the issue, though. For example: Why changing Flurry burst when you can just use other weapon which is more useful? "You have options. Use them or stop QQing."

Imagine if e.g. Soulbeast had to fill some bar somehow in order to be able to merge with pet and this merge would last 15-20 seconds, they would not be able to exit it at will and it would have 12-15 seconds cooldown. That is basically Berserker. Now I am not saying to make Berserker work exactly like Soulbeast merge, but some better control over it would be nice, without stupid designs like Head Butt self stability removal only to make HB+Outrage combo consistent... welp. The issue is not Head Butt self stun inconsistency before HB change. The issue is Outrage adding 5 seconds to Berserk duration if it breaks stun. If Anet removed/reworked this instead, there would be no need for silly self-weakening HB rework. It is also a bit annoying that there is no directly visible indicator for Berserk duration, only hovering with mouse over Berserk buff icon. What about some nice thin line above adrenaline bar that indicates Berserk duration properly? Something like this: https://imgur.com/5VitvZy

Another Berserker rework suggestion:Berserker has now fixed duration (normally 15 seconds, 20 seconds if traited) and CD is 10 seconds. You can exit Berserk at will (but only after 5 seconds from Berserk activation). If you force Berserk exit, the CD will be increased to 15 seconds. The effect of forced Berserk exit can be something really good, think of releasing all the contained rage at once theme, e.g. big aoe damage with launch cc and some burn stacks. It is counted as a burst skill and the cast time is 1 second to give it more counterplay. This way, it is up to player to decide, if it is worth to force exiting Berserk for its special effect at the cost of being weakened for longer time (longer Berserk CD). If player does not decide to force exiting Berserk, it lasts normal 15/20 seconds and has CD of 10 seconds. Rage skills need to be adjusted accordingly.The idea behind this rework is to make Berserk more accessible and also to have better control over it depending on situation. The new forced exiting mechanics is to allow exiting Berserk earlier and put it on longer CD, being out of Berserk for longer time BUT also being able to use next Berserk sooner than waiting 15+10 seconds if not forcing the exit. In other words, if you force the exit after 5 seconds from activating Berserk, you can use next Berserk 5 seconds sooner than if you wait 15 seconds in Berserk and then another 10 seconds out of Berserk.