BUG: Burning Rage apparently still has it's 10% damage modifier — Guild Wars 2 Forums

BUG: Burning Rage apparently still has it's 10% damage modifier

After a lot of testing on power ele, i am nearly 100% sure that burning rage even tho it is not mentioned in the tool tip anymore has it's 10% modifier still.

In fact power overwhelming should be the better choice on power builds now by far, but you get better results with burning rage.

Quick example: fire grab (so full attune fire ) does full buffed 25-26k on burning rage and just 24-25k on power overwhelming. in fact power overwhelming should be higher.

Comments

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't know whether it's bugged or not, but both traits seem to have the same opener burst (Power should pull ahead, unless Burning Rage's burns were able to put up with the increased power of PO), however, Burning Rage - condi - has higher check points DPS and end DPS. The character tab shows otherwise, but practically; Burning Rage pulls ahead in everything.

    I haven't played the game for long though, so my rotation is a bit off to judge it.

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • i did test it in a full benchmark scenario on power weaver and burning rage pulls ahead what it shouldn't ... then i tested some single skills which is more reliable... and it is clear that burning rage has a 10% modifier on it which is not intended... the question i cannot answer at this point... is it a 10% vs burn or a 10% while in fire modifier

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Power overwhelming is also bugged. It gives extra stats even without might. It triggers once when you reach 10 might and doesn't get removed at all. A bit irrelevant for benchmarks, but still a bug.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • zencow.3651zencow.3651 Member ✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:
    Power overwhelming is also bugged. It gives extra stats even without might. It triggers once when you reach 10 might and doesn't get removed at all. A bit irrelevant for benchmarks, but still a bug.

    hopefully it's a similar cause that's making these bugs happen that they fix bolstered elements the same time as they fix this

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:
    Power overwhelming is also bugged. It gives extra stats even without might. It triggers once when you reach 10 might and doesn't get removed at all. A bit irrelevant for benchmarks, but still a bug.

    It's removed once you switch attunement.

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:

    @steki.1478 said:
    Power overwhelming is also bugged. It gives extra stats even without might. It triggers once when you reach 10 might and doesn't get removed at all. A bit irrelevant for benchmarks, but still a bug.

    It's removed once you switch attunement.

    Just checked. Power bonus remains even after switching attunements (and accounting for Empowering Fire), and after Might stacks have been reduced to zero. Likely has some implications for PvP/WvW.

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:

    @steki.1478 said:
    Power overwhelming is also bugged. It gives extra stats even without might. It triggers once when you reach 10 might and doesn't get removed at all. A bit irrelevant for benchmarks, but still a bug.

    It's removed once you switch attunement.

    Just checked. Power bonus remains even after switching attunements (and accounting for Empowering Fire), and after Might stacks have been reduced to zero. Likely has some implications for PvP/WvW.

    Hmmm... I was pretty sure it did when i was messing around in PvP lobby. I'll check again tonight After work.

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • Draconious.2751Draconious.2751 Member ✭✭
    edited July 17, 2019

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    I just tested this as well and got 60s too. Seems like its a hidden buff but not unlike the warrior's Arm's Signet Mastery which gives +100 ferocity for 60s. Perhaps this is intentional considering the number is a perfect minute and there are other traits that are similar. Burning Rage definitely has the 10% damage still present and this needs to be fixed.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    Pretty sure I had it for more than 60 sec in wvw.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • @Draconious.2751 said:

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    I just tested this as well and got 60s too. Seems like its a hidden buff but not unlike the warrior's Arm's Signet Mastery which gives +100 ferocity for 60s. Perhaps this is intentional considering the number is a perfect minute and there are other traits that are similar. Burning Rage definitely has the 10% damage still present and this needs to be fixed.

    In sPVP you're getting a 450 bonus after you activate it with 10 stacks of might. It is giving a base 150 after activation to all atunements and then adds 300 attack if you are in fire for about a minute. 150 attack is immediately added while in fire. It is probably a bug given how it's functioning like someone forgot to order the buffs when they were making it. Idk where to put this, so sorry.

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OddFinrir.6801 said:

    @Draconious.2751 said:

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    I just tested this as well and got 60s too. Seems like its a hidden buff but not unlike the warrior's Arm's Signet Mastery which gives +100 ferocity for 60s. Perhaps this is intentional considering the number is a perfect minute and there are other traits that are similar. Burning Rage definitely has the 10% damage still present and this needs to be fixed.

    In sPVP you're getting a 450 bonus after you activate it with 10 stacks of might. It is giving a base 150 after activation to all atunements and then adds 300 attack if you are in fire for about a minute. 150 attack is immediately added while in fire. It is probably a bug given how it's functioning like someone forgot to order the buffs when they were making it. Idk where to put this, so sorry.

    You get 150 Power when you attune to Fire while having the Fire traitline active because of Empowering Flames.

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:

    @OddFinrir.6801 said:

    @Draconious.2751 said:

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    I just tested this as well and got 60s too. Seems like its a hidden buff but not unlike the warrior's Arm's Signet Mastery which gives +100 ferocity for 60s. Perhaps this is intentional considering the number is a perfect minute and there are other traits that are similar. Burning Rage definitely has the 10% damage still present and this needs to be fixed.

    In sPVP you're getting a 450 bonus after you activate it with 10 stacks of might. It is giving a base 150 after activation to all atunements and then adds 300 attack if you are in fire for about a minute. 150 attack is immediately added while in fire. It is probably a bug given how it's functioning like someone forgot to order the buffs when they were making it. Idk where to put this, so sorry.

    You get 150 Power when you attune to Fire while having the Fire traitline active because of Empowering Flames.

    It's additional power, from power overwhelming. 450 power comes from both traits.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • @Ojimaru.8970 said:

    @OddFinrir.6801 said:

    @Draconious.2751 said:

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:
    Ah-ha! Just did a little more testing. Seems like the buff remains for about 60s after Might stacks fall below the threshold.

    I just tested this as well and got 60s too. Seems like its a hidden buff but not unlike the warrior's Arm's Signet Mastery which gives +100 ferocity for 60s. Perhaps this is intentional considering the number is a perfect minute and there are other traits that are similar. Burning Rage definitely has the 10% damage still present and this needs to be fixed.

    In sPVP you're getting a 450 bonus after you activate it with 10 stacks of might. It is giving a base 150 after activation to all atunements and then adds 300 attack if you are in fire for about a minute. 150 attack is immediately added while in fire. It is probably a bug given how it's functioning like someone forgot to order the buffs when they were making it. Idk where to put this, so sorry.

    You get 150 Power when you attune to Fire while having the Fire traitline active because of Empowering Flames.

    My bad. Long day. Should have realised.

  • Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

    Bug got fixed few minutes ago. Apparently, PvE benchmarks might be a bit lower because of Raging Storm's incorrect 5% bonus damage bug.

    Pull the strings. Watch them dance.

  • LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019

    fix pve golem benchmarks bugs in 1 day but leave pvp bolstered elements bug in for another 3 months feels good man.

  • @LazySummer.2568 said:
    fix pve golem benchmarks bugs in 1 day but leave pvp bolstered elements bug in for another 3 months feels good man.

    Just don't go below 50% health 4head

    /s

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.