Seal area trapping up to 20 targets = at least 1 thief required in a zerg now?

Joshewwah.2956

Since the new seal area preparation can seal up to 20 targets, does that mean that thieves will be added in zergs now? Usually zergs like to stack together before they run at the enemy. Now if they afk even for a bit, standing still, it gives time for a thief to run up to them in stealth, place the trap, and then activate it, trapping the zerg in a small space for 8 seconds. 8 seconds is more than enough time for the other zerg to run up to them and destroy them.

Perma stealth support thief now meta? Maybe even a deadeye that has the trait that can blind enemies after the marked enemy dies, to make the slaughter more easier?

Edit:I found out another cheese idea. Thiefs can now camp outside blue spawn in EBG, trap an unsuspecting player and gank him, all the while they are trapped in the bubble. Most likely they won't have stability to run away.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Joshewwah.2956 said:

@Justine.6351 said:What r stability.

@Waffle.3748 said:If stability didn't exist, then maybe.Since it does, you could just walk out of it with little issue.

I guess you could place it somewhere strategically, and then when the spellbreaker and scourge has boonstripped you can activate it to deal the final blow

It might be more useful to force stability cooldowns idk.

@"Joshewwah.2956" said:Edit:I found out another cheese idea. Thiefs can now camp outside blue spawn in EBG, trap an unsuspecting player and gank him, all the while they are trapped in the bubble. Most likely they won't have stability to run away.This seems to imply you couldnt do this before using condi traps to completely immobilize people...

Also we already had a similar "lockdown class" at 1200 range on class that can even support the zerg a little - dragonhunter. Zerg still dont want them even as backliners.

IMO thief could be patched to literally replace firebrands as far superior frontline support while also having better AoE and barriers than a scourge and they still would be shunned by the zerg.

@Dawdler.8521 said:IMO thief could be patched to literally replace firebrands as far superior frontline support while also having better AoE and barriers than a scourge and they still would be shunned by the zerg.Don't u dare, heretic!vaabi.org tells us theef . . . is . . . not . . . viable . . . in . . . zerg . . . exclamation mark :#

@"Sovereign.1093" said:

watch the zerg chase uImagine a thief now trapping all those ducks in a nasty shadow bubble :3

If you need to walk up to enemies in stealth (which you grant to yourself) only to place an aoe CC (which doesn't require any buffs) then you can do those outside of the squad anyway.

While ranger and thief got some kind of buffs this patch, they arent any more viable for squad spot.

@"steki.1478" said:

While ranger and thief got some kind of buffs this patch, they arent any more viable for squad spot.

Ranger buffs? wait what?It lost it's unblockable......(im not main ranger though)Although after a few fights today, i wonder why Rev "Phase Traversal" has 5secs of unblockable.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:IMO thief could be patched to literally replace firebrands as far superior frontline support while also having better AoE and barriers than a scourge and they
still
would be shunned by the zerg.Don't u dare, heretic!vaabi.org tells us theef . . . is . . . not . . . viable . . . in . . . zerg . . . exclamation mark :#

@"Sovereign.1093" said:

watch the zerg chase uImagine a thief now trapping all those ducks in a nasty shadow bubble :3

haha it should be funny. ppl won't stab if they don't see it coming

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Ranger buffs? wait what?It lost it's unblockable......(im not main ranger though)Although after a few fights today, i wonder why Rev "Phase Traversal" has 5secs of unblockable.

Barrage hits harder and has lower cooldown. They still have some unblockables, but it's a lot less common than it used to be.

Maybe if a thief ports with a stealthed spellbreaker casting WoD but it needs a really good coordination and with the current lag issues i dont see it happening on large fights, maybe on GvG's but im not sure. I think its just easier to pick a meta build and spam aoe buttons which works wonderfully even when lagging.

As usual, thief given an OP skill. 20 targets? Most other skills in game are 5 or 10, or on a pulse so an entire zerg can run through and 3 people are hit. EIGHT seconds? That's crazy too, way too long. I guess we'll have to wait for the nerf bat in a few months time, until then it's get trapped in a bubble with stab on cooldown and watch all those condis be piled on you until you kiss the floor (a bit like now but without being able to escape at all..) after blowing all your condi cleanses and having all of them instantly re applied and ticking for 5k a tick...

@steki.1478 said:

Barrage hits harder and has lower cooldown. They still have some unblockables, but it's a lot less common than it used to be.

Barrage - Lower cooldown yes but i don't think enemy is going to sit in that barrage circle and take those all 12 hits.Well then again, this is wvw and weird things do happen here.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Barrage - Lower cooldown yes but i don't think enemy is going to sit in that barrage circle and take those all 12 hits.Well then again, this is wvw and weird things do happen here.

Decent sustain comp (most zergs) will, and watch rangers keel over from retal/reflect damage.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Although after a few fights today, i wonder why Rev "Phase Traversal" has 5secs of unblockable.

Because Phase Traversal costs 30 energy to use. How much DPS potential did a Ranger lose by activating their unblockable?

And then there is the whole "unblockable from 1500, 1800 units away (or even the neighbouring map, depending on who you ask) thing". Not quite apples to apples.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Rev unblockables only last for a couple hits and then done. Welcome to balance soulbeasts...