thoughts after patch

Taobella.6597

so i will begin with new traps(preparation)

Pitfall is to weak it either need to scale at better rate or be redesign to have a pulsing knockdown every second for 5 seconds.(i think would make this trap much more useful in WvW)

Thousand Needle: Great damage However because this is a pulsing skill i think it should pulse immobilize every second as well. (again it just be another great option to WvW)

Main reason i do not like how weak the trap are is because it require 3 seconds to set up an then placement to make it work. not a very casual friendly design.

Shadow portal i like it.

Seal Area i really like.

Moving on to traits.deadly arts.Deadly Ambition seem alright however i really like needle trap on heal honestly feel awkward not having it.Even the odds this is a good change giving steal more support.shadow artsshadow savior: i would like a minor buff to this that it apply a bonus 100 HP pre initiative spent.Leaching vemon : i would rather see this change to gaining 6 spider venom on hitting a stealth skill.Cloaked in shadow : i would like this skill be to change in the way that siphon damage is triggered on a target that has blind. i also like to see it scale better with power. as it is a grand master.

overall i think changes where alright. just some redesign on the preparation skill an we should be solid. :)

shadow savior: i would like a minor buff to this that it apply a bonus 100 HP pre initiative spent

Assassin's reward already does that.

Combining it will give S/D thieves around 700 heal per Sword 2.

Doing this will make Thieves full heal very fast.

@Yasai.3549 said:

shadow savior: i would like a minor buff to this that it apply a bonus 100 HP pre initiative spent

Assassin's reward already does that.

Combining it will give S/D thieves around 700 heal per Sword 2.

Doing this will make Thieves full heal very fast.

nothing wrong with a fast healing thief on a slow weapon set.

Personally Id just undo the cloaked in Shadow, and Resilience of Shadow changes since what we got in exchange was so much worse. Alternatively, just revert Resilience of Shadow, and buff Cloaked in Shadow's healing by about 15 times, while making it so it only works once per cast (so no benefit from hitting multiple enemies).

pitfall not good enough for u? dmg is okish, but u also get 3 s knockdown + u can usually set another prep right after using first one. rly one of better skills that thief has. u can expect 1 ability to 1 shot or whatever u want.i generally love preparations - all looks great. also some traits in sa are useless due to low number, but oveall design is cool - a lot of nice synergies. first time i feel, like someone did something good for thief

@HyperLooser.2698 said:the damage is too low for something you need 3 seconds to arm, especially in PvE . Again designed for pvp, ignored for PvE.

It's better than you'd think. The arming time is deducted from the cooldown overall, and with a cast time of 1/2 a second it isn't much trouble to use. Raid bosses live long enough to cast the skill, many fractal bosses live as long as well, and there are many places in dungeons/fractals/overworld where you can foresee where enemies are coming from and place this skill in preparation.

Overall, this is supposed to be a buff to core thieves by giving them a power based DPS utility, which they were strangely lacking. This does an O.K. job at it.

Tried condi d/d build after being used to s/d its absolute garbage which sucks cuz I like the idea behind it,the damage is complete garbage and barely puts a dent in anything lmao ramp up is far too slow for a squishy class that cant hang around long. Anyone who can make condi work good for them,I do far better using a power d/d build lol