Teapot Quitting? Is this the beginning of the end?

So I heard that the number one streamer for gw2 has finally had enough and is leaving for WoW classic.

Watching his patch stream last night there were 700+ viewers... I have never see this many on a gw2 twitch stream in 2 years...

But to put that in perspective, Asmongold was hosting 30,000+ playing WoW . At the same time some random was hosting 4000+ playing ESO.

We have endured a lot as GW2 fans and I have tried to remain positive and loyal, but this diet of gem skins, rubbish world events and terrible balance patches, along with lacklustre LW episodes is beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth. As a casual i still have a lot i'd like to do in the game, but i'm feeling increasingly part of a slowly sinking ship with little to no hope for it's survival.

and Anet have gone quiet...

Why I am i still playing this game again?

Edit** rephrased as a question since this seems to have generated a lot of discussion, both positive and negative but interesting none the less.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If steams are your measurement then surely it was "the beginning of the end" when Teldo quit who used to get around 1k viewers every stream and he quit years ago. Teapot usually gets about the same as Koroshi used to get for roaming about WvW...

Also you should take ESO streams with a big pinch of salt, the three biggest streamers there (Fengrush, Alcast, Fextralife) all get most of their "viewers" from having their streams embedded on websites.

Also really who cares about streams, they are only really successful for esports and the odd other very rare game does decently with them, beyond that they don't matter.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@bbop.9706 said:Asmongold was hosting 30,000+ playing WoW .

That's the real reason Teapot left. He wants to Grow his Stream.

absolutely. he derserves better imo.

And everyone who has said kkthxbai to me, don't get me wrong... i sincerely hope it's not the beginning of the end... but it feels that way.

i hope Anet pull something like an expansion out the bag, and soon..

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@bbop.9706 said:Asmongold was hosting 30,000+ playing WoW .

That's the real reason Teapot left. He wants to Grow his Stream.

absolutely. he derserves better imo.

Yes, convincing you guys GW2 is bad because he wants more viewers in WoW is very deserving of our sympathy.

Teapot is full of praise for gw2 in most areas. He's a hardcore raider stuck in a casual game.

But the fact is he provides valuable and high quality content for our community.

No one brings the community together the entertaining way he does and if that goes, quality goes down, interest in a game that has already crested its wave goes down, the community seek new communities..

I knew this game was dying when youtubers like yishis(thief/engi) and that iamlegion( best necro videos ever) quit back in like 2016. They cared about the game.. Made excellent videos indeth specially iamlegion. And yet suggestions fell to death ears and changes/nerfs drove them out the game...

Theres other youtubers but those two stuck with me the mostHeck ive quit multiple times due to thief nerfs.. Im on osrs nowadays because of gw2 "balance"

@"AsiraasiB.7165" said:I knew this game was dying when youtubers like yishis(thief/engi) and that iamlegion( best necro videos ever) quit back in like 2016. They cared about the game.. Made excellent videos indeth specially iamlegion. And yet suggestions fell to death ears and changes/nerfs drove them out the game...

Theres other youtubers but those two stuck with me the mostHeck ive quit multiple times due to thief nerfs.. Im on osrs nowadays because of gw2 "balance"

And yet, we're still all here, including you :-)