Function Gyro Update

RunicAura.9860

While I thank ANET for finally looking more into function gyro and think this is a step in the right direction, this update missed it's mark. It sacrifices the 5th tool belt skill for only a lightning field that I can get elsewhere in pve. If i want ground target rez I just need to use a potion. I don't normally need to stomp kill much in pve. And lets face it I beleave it only rezs downed players not dead players. If I can't ground target fast enough they are already up or dead anyways. That ontop of the fact the cool down increases with each gyro that appears makes it rather poor still. Suggestion would be to make one gyro appear that will use the tool belt effect that was slotted that is now lost. Or cause the lightning field to pulse outwards further doing a damaging/healing effect while pulsing detection. Perhaps make the effect based on slotted skill. As it stands you just took away our slotted skill with out giving much of anything. Hardly a mechanic or a elite tool belt skill.

The hilarious thing about the new function gyros is that they have so little health, I've seen them cleaved instantaneously upon spawn (like, less than 1/8th of a second). They're just BAD, and useless in almost all scenarios except for providing me with stability on the drunk scrapper build.

"Elite" mechanic.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:The hilarious thing about the new function gyros is that they have so little health, I've seen them cleaved instantaneously upon spawn (like, less than 1/8th of a second). They're just BAD, and useless in almost all scenarios except for providing me with stability on the drunk scrapper build.

"Elite" mechanic.

I tried it last night, saw one die to a single downed attack and just stopped using it to stomp people. By that point I was playing zerker stats anyway and cleave worked better.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:The hilarious thing about the new function gyros is that they have so little health, I've seen them cleaved instantaneously upon spawn (like, less than 1/8th of a second). They're just BAD, and useless in almost all scenarios except for providing me with stability on the drunk scrapper build.

"Elite" mechanic.

It is laughable. They need to:

a) buff it's healthb) increase radius ro 360 (or be improved by the well radius trait) OR restore casting range to 1200

for it to ever be useful.