Chill on Banish Enchantment

DonArkanio.6419

Hey there,

I was just thinking about the changes made to Mallyx, and while I really enjoy them, many people seem to miss the Chill application UA provided.

My suggestion for this skill is:

Banish Enchantment

• Remove 2 boons from your target
  • If this skill removes boons - apply 4 stacks of Confusion
  • If your target has no boons, Chill them instead.

In PvP it would greatly reward removing boonsIn PvE, since mobs rarely have boons, you are most likely to apply Chill.This could work with the trait Abyssal Chill

Why would it work this way? Well, Revenant would benefit from removing boons from its target. Banish Enchantment is a spammable skill (20 energy cost).Once you remove the boons, you no longer apply Confusion, but you can now apply Chill (+Torment if traited)

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:That is... pretty bad. Banish Enchantment is already really bad at x3 (6s) confusion in PVE and x5 (2s) in WvW. This would make banish enchantment completely unreliable along with doing less damage.

Well, but this gives you more Chilli Application and favors pro-active gameplay on Boon removal.

I mean, is it bad because it gets additional mechanic?

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:They could honestly just add chill and the skill would be fine. I don’t understand why every skill needs some sort of trade off when they’re already average at best skills to begin with and don’t need built in nerfs...

But there is no built it nerf. It's not like you are using Banish Enchantment on a boonless foe.Well, they might as well add Chill by design, but I don't think it's necessary.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:They could honestly just add chill and the skill would be fine. I don’t understand why every skill needs some sort of trade off when they’re already average at best skills to begin with and don’t need built in nerfs...

But there is no built it nerf. It's not like you are using Banish Enchantment on a boonless foe.Well, they might as well add Chill by design, but I don't think it's necessary.

I guess I would consider it a bit of a nerf since I like to use it on ranged targets that think they’re gonna wombo combo me easily and then watch them blow themselves up with confusion. So to me the confusion would almost always be more useful than one chill. Maybe it could be a bonus for hitting a boonless foe or something in addition to the confusion, that way it keeps the flavor of what you’re suggesting and improves the skill very slightly

Is your suggestion intended to nerf the number of boons removed from 3 to 2, or is that an oversight? Such a nerf would be pretty huge, particularly because it is spammable.

I don't think your idea is bad, I just don't think it is necessary for the skill. I think a good spot to enhance the effects of Banish Enchantment is not within the skill itself (IMO it is well-balanced), but in Spontaneous Destruction. I think most would agree that it is a rather lackluster trait, and giving it some "upon removing a boon, X" effect would be really nice, especially since Abyssal Chill isn't as strong as it was pre-patch. Giving it chill would be a bit awk as it competes with Abyssal Chill, but poison would be a really welcome addition and would give quite a bit more value to Venom Enhancement. Something like:

"Corrosive Culling"When you remove a boon from a foe, apply poison (1x, 6s). Poison you apply deals more damage (20%). 1s ICD per target.