about skyscale...

i want to get the skyscale, and i'm aware that there's like 6 sections to the collection and each section is timegated. but i don't know if it means that i'll have to finish a whole section in one day, otherwise the progress will be reset by the server reset? i thought i heard something like this mentioned somewhere. is this accurate?

You'll need access to all of the LW4 areas (with more than one character preferably). In theory, you could get the skyscale in around 4 days if you had the gold to buy the items that are purchasable and at least some of the map currencies to start. I did it with steady progress and it took about 2 weeks. A week would be doable with enough time to spend. If you insist on crafting everything yourself you'll need, it will take longer as the food and one of the toys uses Charged Quartz which is limited to 1/day.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:it used to be set to 24hours after each of the main collections was done now its 2hours tho.

It was never 24 hours, it was "next daily reset".

Yea and if one happen to finsh it at reset how many hours would it be for next step?

But saying the time gate was 24hrs is incorrect.Saying "if one happen to finish it at reset how many hours would it be for next step" is exactly like saying a broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't mean it works.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:it used to be set to 24hours after each of the main collections was done now its 2hours tho.

It was never 24 hours, it was "next daily reset".

Yea and if one happen to finsh it at reset how many hours would it be for next step?

If you finished it the moment after reset then yes, it would have been 24 hours (but if you finish if an hour after it's 23 hours, and so on). But even for Americans where reset is in the middle of prime time I would have thought that's a rare occurrence.

Now however it's 2 hours from when you finish a collection, no matter when that is.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I have a similar question. Have completed the first series of collections (Newborn skyscales), have waited the 2 hours for it to continue and have received the mail advising that I can continue by meeting Gorrik in Sun's Refuge. However, Gorrik is not there. I have left and re-entered several times. I have logged out and logged back in. Still no Gorrik. Am I doing something wrong?

@Gypsy Fortune.6840 said:Sorry to hijack your post, but I have a similar question. Have completed the first series of collections (Newborn skyscales), have waited the 2 hours for it to continue and have received the mail advising that I can continue by meeting Gorrik in Sun's Refuge. However, Gorrik is not there. I have left and re-entered several times. I have logged out and logged back in. Still no Gorrik. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the same character that started the Skyscale quest line?

@"Gypsy Fortune.6840" said:Sorry to hijack your post, but I have a similar question. Have completed the first series of collections (Newborn skyscales), have waited the 2 hours for it to continue and have received the mail advising that I can continue by meeting Gorrik in Sun's Refuge. However, Gorrik is not there. I have left and re-entered several times. I have logged out and logged back in. Still no Gorrik. Am I doing something wrong?

Gorrik's Skyscale Hatchery is not in the "central" part of Sun's Refuge, but slightly north of that, near the exit that leads out right into the branded territory.

@"Gypsy Fortune.6840" said:Sorry to hijack your post, but I have a similar question. Have completed the first series of collections (Newborn skyscales), have waited the 2 hours for it to continue and have received the mail advising that I can continue by meeting Gorrik in Sun's Refuge. However, Gorrik is not there. I have left and re-entered several times. I have logged out and logged back in. Still no Gorrik. Am I doing something wrong?

Look at this pichttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Sun%27s_Refuge_map.jpgWhere it says "Old Command Post", Gorrick would be in the little alley under the "st" of "Post" provided you have completed enough of the Jahai Bluffs story. If he's not there, do the rest of that zones story.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

Look at this pic
Where it says "Old Command Post", Gorrick would be in the little alley under the "st" of "Post" provided you have completed enough of the Jahai Bluffs story. If he's not there, do the rest of that zones story.

One alley "higher" actually - right where the "and" in "Command" is in that pic.