Giving the guardian shout trait the extra option to be for 10 man instead of 5 man — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Giving the guardian shout trait the extra option to be for 10 man instead of 5 man

Pure of Voice — Shout skills gain reduced recharge and convert conditions to boons on allies.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shout

Comments

  • yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭

    No.

    Firebrigade is already much stronger than any alternative. Why would you buff FB in this manner.

    Also, 10-man traits are dumb imo, change my mind.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

    Areanet made raids
    They gave a class the power to share their boons over 10 man
    And gave them access to the 2 strongest boons in the game

    If you dont want 10 man traits then I welcome you to complain about raiding and all it contains
    because only raiding needs 10 man traits/boons

    They thing I will go for is giving more classes those 10 man traits
    once that is done I will be happy

    They can also make 10 man traits/boons/skills/abilities pve only, because 10 man traits also affect WvW
    It wont affect pvp
    but excluding 10 man traits would be a healthy thing to do for the future of WvW

  • yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019

    @Rico.6873 said:
    Areanet made raids
    They gave a class the power to share their boons over 10 man
    And gave them access to the 2 strongest boons in the game

    If you dont want 10 man traits then I welcome you to complain about raiding and all it contains
    because only raiding needs 10 man traits/boons

    They thing I will go for is giving more classes those 10 man traits
    once that is done I will be happy

    They can also make 10 man traits/boons/skills/abilities pve only, because 10 man traits also affect WvW
    It wont affect pvp
    but excluding 10 man traits would be a healthy thing to do for the future of WvW

    First and foremost, all other 10-man traits are stupid as well.

    Secondly, alright, but then you'd have to nerf QFB damage by about 15k and remove all its healing capabilities.

    Also, which class has 10-man trait and both quickness and alacrity? Chrono wells only hit 5 people, you know that right?

    As I said, Firebrigade is already objectively stronger than 2 Chrono 2 Druid, so as I said above, that would need to entail some massive nerfs to QFB damage.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

    @yusayu.3629 said:

    First and foremost, all other 10-man traits are stupid as well.

    Secondly, alright, but then you'd have to nerf QFB damage by about 15k and remove all its healing capabilities.

    Also, which class has 10-man trait and both quickness and alacrity? Chrono wells only hit 5 people, you know that right?

    As I said, Firebrigade is already objectively stronger than 2 Chrono 2 Druid, so as I said above, that would need to entail some massive nerfs to QFB damage.

    Knowing the game creators, firebrand WILL be nerfed, now if they will get the right nerfs is another question

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭

    I think Guardian is already completely broken. People just don't realise it because it's been shaded by Chrono for so many years. But if you look at the curent state it already is, you'll see that it should SERIOUSLY get nerfed instead of getting buffed.

    Stand your Ground already affects 10 players, I doubt that shout could work on 10 people, it would just be overly broken to cleanse conditions in WvW + I think it's better that each subgroup has to deal with their own boon + condi cleanse synergy. It just makes zergging more fun.

  • kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

    ChronoDruid is still preferred in raids precisely because of 10 person boon/buff sharing. So it does make sense to give 10 men support to other classes

    But at this point honestly I don't think that it matters. Even if shouts did become 10 men skills. Firebrand still wouldn't use them as its not what the issue with shouts is. At the end of the day, if you play quickbrand or healbrand, you don't use shouts since there are better support or heal options in forms of mantras, spirit weapons, signets, meditations, consecrations...literally anything other than shouts.

    Shouts are simply way outdated. Their effects are lacking and their cool down is too long. Making them 10 men won't change that.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2019

    @kasoki.5180 said:
    ChronoDruid is still preferred in raids precisely because of 10 person boon/buff sharing. So it does make sense to give 10 men support to other classes

    Shouts are simply way outdated. Their effects are lacking and their cool down is too long. Making them 10 men won't change that.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/"Feel_My_Wrath!"

    I know it's just one elite ability but it's a shout and a good one....

  • kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

    @Rico.6873 said:

    @kasoki.5180 said:
    ChronoDruid is still preferred in raids precisely because of 10 person boon/buff sharing. So it does make sense to give 10 men support to other classes

    Shouts are simply way outdated. Their effects are lacking and their cool down is too long. Making them 10 men won't change that.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/"Feel_My_Wrath!"

    I know it's just one elite ability but it's a shout and a good one....

    Stand your ground is also used often in WvW. But that doesn't really invalidate what I wanted to say. There is always that certain skill that works perfect for certain game mode, even if the rest of the type them are "meh at best"

  • yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2019

    @kasoki.5180 said:
    ChronoDruid is still preferred in raids precisely because of 10 person boon/buff sharing. So it does make sense to give 10 men support to other classes

    But at this point honestly I don't think that it matters. Even if shouts did become 10 men skills. Firebrand still wouldn't use them as its not what the issue with shouts is. At the end of the day, if you play quickbrand or healbrand, you don't use shouts since there are better support or heal options in forms of mantras, spirit weapons, signets, meditations, consecrations...literally anything other than shouts.

    Shouts are simply way outdated. Their effects are lacking and their cool down is too long. Making them 10 men won't change that.

    ChronoDruid is used because it's what people have used for years now, basically. It's very much inferior to Firebrigade, though. People in pugs just haven't adapted yet.

    Quickbrand does about 25k dps, while SuppChrono does about 15k. The Alacrigade can heal, so you can add a Druid or Tankpest for 10-man might (and spirit buffs). You're now up ~20k dps on the ChronoDruid comp, not counting massive aegis output for both squads through the FBs. You lose Spotter on one subgroub, but gain AP.

    This doesn't include the fact, that both QFB and Alacrigade are so much easier to play than Chrono.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.