Bug(?): Branded Skyscale Skin disappears then reappears

I don't know if this is just a particular issue with the branded Skin, or if it's other skins too. But most of the people I've come across have been wearing the Branded Skyscale Skin.

I noticed when they're hovering I'll jump up to them on my griffin and their skin shows up, but once I hit the ground and look up at the hovering skyscales (even if they're really close to me and not super high up in the air.) It'll become a completely red Skyscale default regardless of whatever color the person has on their skin. like I said, I noticed this for MOST of the Branded Skyscale skins, but I have seen it happen to the Shimmerwing skin too... Am I the only one having this issue? My friend also noticed this as well so I can't be the only one?

It’ll happen regardless of your setting. When loading the screen your mount will briefly go back to the default skin before displaying the one you have selected.

I see it every time I mount up springer for piñata. It shows the base skin before updating to the one I selected.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It’ll happen regardless of your setting. When loading the screen your mount will briefly go back to the default skin before displaying the one you have selected.

I see it every time I mount up springer for piñata. It shows the base skin before updating to the one I selected.

That's a completely different issue.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It’ll happen regardless of your setting. When loading the screen your mount will briefly go back to the default skin before displaying the one you have selected.

I meant when I'm already in-game and everything's already loaded. ^^;

@Aharex.9528 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried a -repair of the client? Instructions found in the Wiki or the Knowledge Base (links above/below).

I have not. ^^; Could you link it to me? Since I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Follow these steps if you are running the game on a Windows operating system:

Locate your Gw2.exe file.Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe" -repair)Click OK.Now double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut. This will begin repairing your game client automatically. The game will then launch when it is complete.

NOTE: Keep in mind that the verification and repair process will run each time you double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut; if you would like to play the game without repairing the archive, double-click on Gw2.exe or another shortcut without the -repair command in the 'Target' line.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried a -repair of the client? Instructions found in the Wiki or the Knowledge Base (links above/below).

I have not. ^^; Could you link it to me? Since I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

Follow these steps if you are running the game on a Windows operating system:

Locate your Gw2.exe file.Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe" -repair)Click OK.Now double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut. This will begin repairing your game client automatically. The game will then launch when it is complete.

NOTE: Keep in mind that the verification and repair process will run each time you double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut; if you would like to play the game without repairing the archive, double-click on Gw2.exe or another shortcut without the -repair command in the 'Target' line.

Thank you! I think it fixed SOME of the problem but not all of it, since it does still happen sometimes. :'D