can condi scrapper actually be A THING right now??

Yazeed.4971

after patch

scrapper actually get +200 power from quickness, +15% damage while under swifttness stability and superspeed

we all know flamethrower #2 is a 6cd blast finisher, so we can almost keep superspeed for 5 ppl all the time

then, it will beat core condi since it uses tool line only give 10% boost from vigor

and now holosmith get their toolbelt lock for overheat, it actually only gets few second burn from out mode and overheat, plus 15% buff from laser's edge which got nerf!

damge aside,condi srapper also gets alot free barrier during fight, sustain can be very good vs coni holo or core !also free 30% quickness uptime, and F5 u can help down teammate! (sounds pretty good for a dps role!)

so here is the build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoC1ahlYB+ZB0ehF2iiu3P+n/rCzwDA8D3gAA-jxh0wAAOBAQV+BU9HzKBVv/AM9ABeAAkCg31AA-e(can't use the link, have to copy paste to see it)

hope someone can try and see what's the number it can get !

don't give up hope guys !!!

Just looked over it -- looks like a modified core condi engi. Designed for hybrid damage, not really either power or condi.

I wonder how powerbomber compares. Time to get cracking.

Edit: Out of sheer boredom (or stupidity) I tried ye olden power bomber build. Almost identical DPS to my "surprise mechanic" build.

@Yazeed.4971 said:condi srapper also gets alot free barrier during fight, sustain can be very good vs coni holo or core !Haha wat. Condi gets zero barrier. Whatever barrier you get comes from power or bulwark.

Of course a viper scrapper get more than say a trailblazer scrapper, but here's the thing - a glass cannon is still a glass cannon.

So sure this might work in PvE - where you literally have to run vipers both before and the patch - but it doesnt work in sPvP and especially not in WvW.

We already knew that the new traits made the scrapper a fractal hero while destroying its PvP.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Yazeed.4971 said:condi srapper also gets alot free barrier during fight, sustain can be very good vs coni holo or core !Haha wat. Condi gets
zero
barrier. Whatever barrier you get comes from power or bulwark.

Of course a viper scrapper get more than say a trailblazer scrapper, but here's the thing - a glass cannon is still a glass cannon.

So sure this might work in PvE - where you literally
have to
run vipers both before and the patch - but it doesnt work in sPvP and especially not in WvW.

We already knew that the new traits made the scrapper a fractal hero while destroying its PvP.

it uses viper gears, so u still got some strike damage as well, also this build is for fotm or raid, just a pure dps build i said

pvp or wvw isn't the target here

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Just looked over it -- looks like a modified core condi engi. Designed for hybrid damage, not really either power or condi.

I wonder how powerbomber compares. Time to get cracking.

Edit: Out of sheer boredom (or stupidity) I tried ye olden power bomber build. Almost identical DPS to my "surprise mechanic" build.

condi engi always uses viper as hybrid, plz see sc website :)

@Yazeed.4971 said:

@Yazeed.4971 said:condi srapper also gets alot free barrier during fight, sustain can be very good vs coni holo or core !Haha wat. Condi gets
zero

have to
run vipers both before and the patch - but it doesnt work in sPvP and especially not in WvW.

it uses viper gears, so u still got some strike damage as well, also this build is for fotm or raid, just a pure dps build i said

pvp or wvw isn't the target hereWell here's the thing: you wouldnt have used any of the traits that was removed in PvE anyway. You'd go full damage as usual. We
knew
that this patch would "improve" barrier generation for PvE dps builds that just beat on stationary mobs.

The real question for the barrier aspect is whether a viper engie beat a berserker engie in dps (guessing yes) and what the barrier generation is "worth" between them. Because the zerker will definetly get more.

So saying that "condi scrapper get alot of free barrier" is entirerly false. Because it doesnt.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

zero

have to

pvp or wvw isn't the target hereWell here's the thing: you wouldnt have used any of the traits that was removed in PvE anyway. You'd go full damage as usual. We
knew
that this patch would "improve" barrier generation for PvE dps builds that just beat on stationary mobs.

The real question for the barrier aspect is whether a viper engie beat a berserker engie in dps (guessing yes) and what the barrier generation is "worth" between them. Because the zerker will definetly get more.

So saying that "condi scrapper get alot of free barrier" is entirerly false. Because it doesnt.

This topic isnt about condi beats berserker, I just compare all 3 condi engi, and after this patch, condi holo got nerf, codi scrapper might be a new condi engi meta and still got good dps so u can use in raid, thats all I want to say

For solo roaming I prefer now condi core over condi scrapper. Used to run and love condi scrapper in the past months, tried in in the past days and it is just Kind of awkward to Play now, so now back to the old times.The scrapper traitline just gives nothing to boost the condi scrapper except a high superspeed uptime. On the other Hand you can also take in rocket boots and Tools traitline for similar mobility on core engi, while having a few other useful traits like the reveal trait or the prot-on-disable-trait.