Look at this guy's fps when in wvw O_O

LaFurion.3167

I didn't believe that these kinds of framerates were maintainable in gw2 in these kinds of blob/zerg fights, but man look at his frames. WHILE recording...

Any idea what his pc specs are anybody? Does anybody get similar frames? Will soon be dropping a lot of money on a new pc build myself... can only hope that it will be as good as his game looks/plays.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:Any idea what his pc specs are anybody?

Better than mine lol.

I got a new rig a few months back, but am on a budget, so only went for a mid-range. Still, I can keep above 30FPS in a blob fight, where skill lag does more to kill you than poor frames, so overall I'm happy.

haha definitely better than probably 99% of people on gw2... can only imagine what he gets in open world boss fights etc.

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:Any idea what his pc specs are anybody?

Better than mine lol.

I got a new rig a few months back, but am on a budget, so only went for a mid-range. Still, I can keep above 30FPS in a blob fight, where skill lag does more to kill you than poor frames, so overall I'm happy.

haha definitely better than probably 99% of people on gw2... can only imagine what he gets in open world boss fights etc.

I edited my above, but I went with an i5 @ 3.7 OC to 4.1ghz. 32gb ram and a Radeon RX 580. Just standing around OW by myself I hit about 140fps, and some of my vid settings are set higher than necessary, just because it makes the game look better and I can.

Oh and also a 1TB SSD. Will never use a physical HDD again for anything other than storage/backup.

yes SSDs have been the next step up for a while now, HDDs are a thing of the past.

Does anybody else have any huge blob videos in wvw where frames are as good as the guy i posted? would love to see it.

It has me itching for my new build... i think i will get it next week O_O

Eh that's nothing special. It's not even many people, those are two small groups with 1/10th the combat effects of a big zerg battle. Just have your player count to medium or low or something. It's basicly the only setting that has any major impact on fps on high end machines, it's the numbers that kill fps. You can have 2x 2080Ti and you'd still probably get 30 fps in a 80vs80vs80. Shadows can reduce performance too if you have a weaker rig. The clip in the OP actually have it off on characters.

I dont save zerg fights (too much roaming) and have fps locked to 60, but it's decent enough on a 8700K/RTX2080. I also record constantly using Shadowplay, 4m buffer on a ramdisk saved to an M.2 ssd so I can just hit record after a fight. But quality would probably be better on an external recorder I suppose.

So any high end machine should be able to do what you see in that clip.

It's not a blob fight so that is manageable for the common mid to high end specced pcs I would think. It is important to note he is using the Effect LOD (w.e. it is called) to make things less visually cluttered and improving appeared frame rate. Like someone mentioned already, reducing player render count makes things even easier.

D:

@sinsrock.1702 said:

@"Tao.5096" said:Video does not represent user's ingame fps.

what exactly do you mean by this? asking because i made videos lol.

I have a semi idea of what he is saying. So I have made 3 or 4 wvw videos. these were before i got my 144htz monitor. My recording program was GeForce Shadowplay, and the file that it saves is quite HD. Like, beyond what "stream" quality is, its literally quite sharp and smooth (like 60fps on the dot etc). So in game you might be fluxuating in some parts/fights but the recording is constantly at your preset values for recording. I could be wrong though, that's just my experience. I found this out when 1) I got a new phone that could do 60+fps (went from trash tier samsung s4 to samsung s9 and watching my own videos on youtube blew my mind on my new phone), and 2) when i got my 144htz monitor.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:It's not a blob fight so that is manageable for the common mid to high end specced pcs I would think. It is important to note he is using the Effect LOD (w.e. it is called) to make things less visually cluttered and improving appeared frame rate. Like someone mentioned already, reducing player render count makes things even easier.

D:

Thanks but in WvW the ONE THING I will not do and cannot bring myself to even think about is reducing the player count. Its so bad having to turn down such a visually impactful (and also strategically important) option for fps.

@"LaFurion.3167" said:I didn't believe that these kinds of framerates were maintainable in gw2 in these kinds of blob/zerg fights, but man look at his frames. WHILE recording...

Any idea what his pc specs are anybody? Does anybody get similar frames? Will soon be dropping a lot of money on a new pc build myself... can only hope that it will be as good as his game looks/plays.

That’s like a 20v20 gvg on a borderland map. The map probably has low numbers on it overall.

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:It's not a blob fight so that is manageable for the common mid to high end specced pcs I would think. It is important to note he is using the Effect LOD (w.e. it is called) to make things less visually cluttered and improving appeared frame rate. Like someone mentioned already, reducing player render count makes things even easier.

D:

Thanks but in WvW the ONE THING I will not do and cannot bring myself to even think about is reducing the player count. Its so bad having to turn down such a visually impactful (and also strategically important) option for fps.

Yes. Don't set quality/limit to lowest (low is fine) because you will see their animations appear/disappear at critical moments.

D:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"LaFurion.3167" said:I didn't believe that these kinds of framerates were maintainable in gw2 in these kinds of blob/zerg fights, but man look at his frames. WHILE recording...

That’s like a 20v20 gvg on a borderland map. The map probably has low numbers on it overall.

This.

This is a 20v20 (or rather 19v19) GvG.

I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 2700 8-core, 32gb ram and a Radeon RX 580 with a budget of around 1k Euro and I have no issues in GvG and even in full blob fights I get reliable 15-20 fps (talking 120+ players, pretty much max grafic settings) but skill lag does kick in.

I know people who spend 3-4k on their machine, it would make sense that those retain their 40+ fps easy.

@"Taobella.6597" said:so you know recording alway look smoother then real game play just saying ^^

This is not correct at all. Any software recording can only record frames that are generated in real time, it does not and can not record extra frames. Now, the game might "seem" smoother when you are not playing it and not dealing with skill lag, however the video above has none of either, it's a small group, on a empty BL. Even if it was not, it is more than possible to build a PC that will hold solid FPS in larger fights. However, the higher this goes in larger fights, the more you start to notice skill lag, as local client play (your computer) gets smoother, the lag and interruption of skill lag that is server side, really stands out.

The guy in the video plays with shadows and reflections both set to off. These are the biggest CPU intense settings in the game. I guess he lowered other settings as well. The rest is just a 20v20 on an empty space of the map.

Nothing special.

An old i7 7700K or a newer i5 8400 will produce such performance.

WHILE recording...Recording via GPU (Nvidia Shadowplay / AMD ReLive) costs 2% of performance. Not noticeable at all.