How to play Rev post patch in sPvP?

Sampson.2403

Well, you can always try different playstyles that don't utilize OH Sword. Though it's a straight damage buff, Revenant can perform fairly well without Shiro and Swords.

However, if you like OH-Sword, I guess the best way to utilize it is to use Deathstrike whenever you feel like your target is the most vulnerable, since it is now a purely damaging skill. Another way would be to save it for teleporting a huge gap between you and your target using PT+Deathstrike. Or just simply use it the exact same way keeping in mind you no longer have a follow-up condis, so the skill is even more reliant on Quickness.

This skill has some potential, but imo it's still too similar to Axe and should be designed better, so it isn't just a one-click damage filler.And yeah, Devs said that it is meant to be a damage tool, I just don't enjoy the design.

@Sampson.2403 said:I think i relied on the slow and chill from deathstrike a little too much so i may need to open with phase traverse + precision strike more.

How are you guys changing your build and playstyle with this most recent patch?

PT+PS is actually a really good/fast +1 combo... It's not as good 1v1 though because most competent people are sitting on their endurance waiting to dodge your PT if yer at range.

If you want to regain some chill, maybe try messing around with Song of the Mists... It's a lot retrospectively stronger after the Roiling Mists nerf. The damage--especially from Shiro swap--scales surprisingly decently (.93 power scaling), give easy access to quickness (which can free up a sigil slot off of Agility, or used with it to stack duration), and is another chill application going into Glint. All in all, the trait feels surprisingly good, especially in duels... Adds some power back into the legend swap.