I love new expansion but

I love new expansion.

Account verification on the other hand...

Spent 60 dollars on game,got to max level thanks to level boost,i can't gear myself properly because i can't buy gear.My damage is horrendous,im useless in group gameplay,i can't solo nothing.

Its really no fun when you rely upon people to come to help you common mobs.

Buy expansions,spend money then wait 5 days to do story because 'free' gear you get when you use xp booster is sad and you can't do nothing with it.You can't even solo most veteran mobs in expansion.

The starting gear is fine for soloing story mode. For open world, veteran mob can be 1v1 easily (but not hero points' veterans).I don't know maybe learn how to play your class and don't face tank many mobs at the same time?Or maybe join a guild and get people to help? You know because it's MMOs and not a single player game?

Here's a build guide.https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

@Blude.6812 said:Develop a character to lvl 80 with all the gear and all will be well. XP boosters. Not a problem with the game, just an issue using short cuts to lvl with out knowing the limitations of doing so.

Have you tried doing HoT story mode in toughness/vitality gear as guardian?

No you haven.tbecause its unplayable,so please don't try to pin 'l2p issues on this topic

Some people are insufferable.

I went through HoT on my guard before the PoF powercreeps sat in and did just fine. Don't remember what gear I was in but it was most likely Rampagers(condition focused).

You use a character boost to 60, without actually playing, complain about not having money to buy good gear(Because you didn't play the game). Now you get free gear and still decide its impossible.

This is the biggest L2P issue I've seen in a long time.

@MrFayth.3546 said:Some people are insufferable.

I went through HoT on my guard before the PoF powercreeps sat in and did just fine. Don't remember what gear I was in but it was most likely Rampagers(condition focused).

You use a character boost to 60, without actually playing, complain about not having money to buy good gear(Because you didn't play the game). Now you get free gear and still decide its impossible.

This is the biggest L2P issue I've seen in a long time.

The toughness/vitality wasn't the gears I gifted him nor you know what he had equipped at the point I contacted him. So you cannot say its a big L2P issue. New players have to start somewhere to get to know their game and class. I play for a while myself and even I don't know all ins and outs of what my toons are capable of. The time I logged he was in Path of Fire which means that was the story he started else you can't get there. I know I did struggle on that 1st big fight of that story as it was a steep difficulty compared to the core game I was used to prior. You cannot expect to know what each enemy does on a first playthrough. You learn things over time. I did ofcourse tell to watch the animations and what mobs do so you can reacts on it and I also mentioned dodging. Op was even friendly enough to thank me for the items several times and offered to pay it back (which I refused as I don't want to be paid back). When he entered HoT he had no new items yet.

tldr: Don't judge too fast on ppl.

I'm sorry but this is really more or less about L2P and do you know that everyone on the forum will always willing to help you learn ?, all you need is just explain the situation and ask for a build/a way to improve your experience instead of complaining and blaming the game. You are very lucky that someone still nice and send you appropriate gears and even still sticks around to defend you.

In case you wonder i did completed HoT story once with soldier gear on my guard and it surprisingly felt more ease and less pressure than in full dps gear. Here is the build i used ( Copy and Paste, don't click directly cuz the forum is bugged atm) gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7elsAhChYxQwKIQQEH3DV+KGxT0WBtbhWPgAIdB-jRCBwA61MoSHA19HUY+Ln6PBeCATUCC4iAcU5HA-e

Although some traits was nerfed not long ago but i think this will still be a decent for new player.

Plus extra food you should carry all time https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scoop_of_Mintberry_Swirl_Ice_Cream and/or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tropical_Peppermint_Cake

The build works fine even with full dps gear but you will have to stay focus because there won't be any toughness/vitality there.

@"Eros.6801" said:

Its actually game's fault.

Nowhere else in the world,when you spend 60 euros on game,you can't play what you actually bought.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@"Eros.6801" said:

Nowhere else in the world,when you spend 60 euros on game,you can't play what you actually bought.

• No my friend, everybody can but you. What exactly do you want to play anyway ? The game offered you a choice of take it slow and take a shortcut. You made yours. now you blaming the game. Taking a shortcut is a double edged sword. Again, what exactly have you expected to get/play ?
  • The 5 days restriction is a way to protect the game from gold sellers etc and you could've spent that 5 days to learn more about the game, the class. Even if you boosted and struggled like i said, simply ask instead of complain everyone will kindly help you out and that they did.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@"Eros.6801" said:

Well sure you can. You can farm VB until you get enough currency to buy armor from vendors or run dungeons and farm them. Or you can acknowledge that fradulent transactions happen and companies have to protect themselves and blame the real villain. Hell I bought a house that was a lot more expensive than your game and still has to wait more than five days to move in.

I'm sorry, but the others in this thread are right: your difficulty in getting through Heart of Thorns is on you. If you're brand-new to the game, the worst thing you could possibly do is boost to level 80 and jump straight into Heart of Thorns. HoT is dramatically more difficult than core Tyria, but leveling the slow way (and it really isn't all that slow) allows you to learn your class and learn how combat works in this game. By the time you get to HoT, you'll be far more prepared for the difficulty spike.

This game is not unplayable by any means. I highly encourage you to not give up, and start from level 1. You'll get new gear as you level up, and by the time you actually have to use the trading post, it will be well beyond the five-day restriction and you'll be free to do whatever you please.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@"Blude.6812" said:Develop a character to lvl 80 with all the gear and all will be well. XP boosters. Not a problem with the game, just an issue using short cuts to lvl with out knowing the limitations of doing so.

Have you tried doing HoT story mode in toughness/vitality gear as guardian?

No you haven.tbecause its unplayable,so please don't try to pin 'l2p issues on this topic

Last few characters I've made I played with whatever the game decided to drop - either as level rewards or as actual mob drops - and without any thought to what traits or skills I had on, as far as I could Before actually gearing it. I almost always get to Auric Basin or Tangled Depths before it becomes too cumbersome. So, I play core game, LS2, and half of HoT in a green/yellow/orange mix, of varying levels. And I don't think I'm even very good at the game.

So yeah…. let's be generous and not call it "L2P", but let's call it "experience"?

Ooh I'm guessing someone has got eaten by the raptors again... and again... and again.Well you chose to max level boost without any clue of how to play the game so yeah now it has become a l2p issue and it seems the raptors can smell your inadequacies a mile off... and they are hungry.Those 5 days could of seen you get familiar with your class skills your, your knowledge of the core maps and generate some coin to help on your journey... you chose the wrong approach, and as hard a pill as it is to swallow that's on you not the game

The characters that I worked up through the levels always used whatever armor/weapons got dropped. I rarely bought anything for them (other than some fancy jewelry when they hit level 80). I just bought PoF 4 days ago and used the character slot/level boost and his gear is fine. I am soloing around on my skimmer and having a blast. I think my avatar has died 3 times so far?

Actually, even with bad gear combination, the expansion content is doable, it's a matter of picking the right traits and skills based on what you face. Heart of Thorns areas are close spaces for the most part, and mobs hit hard, which makes a vitality and a toughness gear not that bad. As for skill use for a guardian, even without putting the stats into them, greatsword and sword/shield is very serviceable until you get dragonhunter traps. Guardian has access to a lot of sustain skills, which you can use to outlast most monsters in the area. The only area where you might have trouble is with particularly hard hitting and tough monsters like the chakk.

Now, is it particularly fun to fight without a damage build ? Probably not, but it's very much possible. The thing is, that is something you'd not know, if you skipped right on ahead to a class you've not learned to play for a while, and guardian Appears simple, yet is anything but. There is no shame in testing your skills out before you set off in an area that is on the end Spectrum of the game. That is why they made the Silverwastes. Take the time to develop a feel for your guardian, and start to think of mobility as a -must-. As mentionned before, Heart of Thorns mobs hit Hard. Even on a toughness and vitality build, you likely wont be able to facetank without some serious sustain, which will hinder your damage dealing, and prolong the fight. Greatsword and staff is a good combination to start with, use greatsword to deal damage and manage groups of mobs on your own, and when you're starting to take too much damage, dodge back and use your staff skill 2 and 3 on yourself, use your heal skill when that is not enough. Even without Healing Power, you have access to a Lot of Healing potential on your core specialization.

As a last word : Patience. All builds are useable, it's a matter of knowing how, and experimenting with what you have until you find Something that you like. DPS is not the be all end all, especially on a guardian.

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:You should see my guardian's stats - power, tough, heal :s

Mine is Rolling on an Healing power, Condi, Power, Staff and Axe/torchAnd that's not even an acknowledged meta build ! And yet it does Very fine in any group content, large and small. particularly bounties

I use hammer with mace and shield.

I was asked to switch toons in the Dragon bash arena ?