Some ideas on how to fix scrapper (again) since it was ruined

Ruufio.1496

• Function gyro reverted to the way it was before for finishing enemies and rezzing allies.
  • F5 toolbelt skills returned.
  • Well radius increased baseline.
  • Hammer auto attack damage increased by 5% for 1st attack, 10% for 2nd attack and 15% for 3rd attack.

(Some new hotkey would be better than special action)Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and overcharges it to daze enemies around yourself.Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and grants allies superspeed and quickness around yourself.Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and breaks stuns on allies around yourself while granting stability.

Minor: Leap and blast finishers grant superspeed.

Master: Inflict slow whenever you immobilize.Master: Apply light aura whenever you apply superspeed.Master: Gain stablity when you evade an attack. Stability pulses might.

Minor: Grant barrier when you grant superspeed

Grandmaster: Inflict weakness and vulnerability whenever you inflict burn.Grandmaster: Remove cripple, chill and immobilize when you grant superspeed.Grandmaster: Gain stability and superspeed when you disable a foe. Deal 5% more dmg with stability/superspeed/barrier (15% max)

Rocket BootsRemove the ammo count.Rocket kick is now a leap finisher. Range increased from 300 to 450.

Interesting traits. I mean, they'd be better than what Scrapper currently has.

I don't think that change to Rocket Boots would do what you think it would. Scrapper has problems sticking to its targets and Rocket Boots helps with that because it lets you close the distance without giving up momentum (especially if you cancel the landing portion). Rocket Kick doesn't close distance very well because it halts momentum and has a pretty long aftercast. It's not really a gap-closer. It's more of a slightly moving melee cleave attack. Most of the time it's easier to run to your target than to Rocket Kick to them.

@"revolucion.3864" said:What about also making the Engineer have the highest default health pool of the medium armor classes (Similarly to the Necromancer and Warrior in thier respective weights), perhaps an increase of say..... 3000 hp :)

Impact savant in Scrapper decreases our Hp by 2500 up to 4500. I have no idea why they now penalize us for using a scrapper! I am confused and po. Are you listening Anet? Ridiculous change. It's hard to even say it's a "balance" update. imbalance is more correct. :/

If the developers really see a need to nerf Scrapper, soften the nerfs and change the minus 300 Vit to minus 150. Give us back our F5 skills or if that's too much to ask, at least make Function Gyro works. Make them tankier, res faster and increase their field radius to 240 or 300.

It has been a week now since the July 16 patch. Many still cannot understand the need for such harsh nerfs. All we want is some justification for this senseless patch. And, what is ANet response so far? None, zero, nada, zip.

Many have given good feedbacks and sensible suggestions, like OP. This patch says very much what those feedbacks meant to ANet. Buff core skills and cripple elite skills from HoT and PoF expansions, that's what this patch is all about. I think we all know why.

While the gyro changes are a sensible compromise, i'm a bit put off by the top master and grandmaster majors. I get it, you want to play condi scrapper and feel validated by the class design when doing so (it would make sense if the next spec is condition focused). But there is to few a traits per spec to have traits which do not have any synergy with what the spec as its own package introduces. If it was poison instead of burn for example triggering the trait, then at least the purge gyro helps validate why its on scrapper and not in firearms for example. There are still ways to make the scrapper useful to condition builds without destroying the cohesion of the espec design. We usually do this with universally useful traits that provides utility or surviveability for both power and condition builds. In the old scrapper Adaptive armor was still a useful tool for condi build for example. In short if you want to go scrapper as a condition build you do it in the same way as one might pick alchemy in a condition build.

It's like having a couple of traits in holo provide outgoing healing bonuses, it makes little sense when considering the holo introduces no healing abilities or synergies at all.Honestly the burn trait looks more fit for holo than it does scrapper. At least it has burning application at all. In short you are making the same mistake arenanet made with impact savant, where they tried to make a spec not designed around dishing out damage depend on its ability to dish out damage, but instead you make some traits depend on conditions not included in the spec itself (although they made it worse by tying it to a minor). Save those for core, a new elite spec built for conditions or change imob to interrupt, and burn to stun/daze (and we have experts examination again, only as a grandmaster....) and it makes sense with the themes and abilities the scrappers weapons and skills introduces.

Pardon if i come off as harsh, but this balance patch shown how vital a coherent design is, and there's no reason for us support scrappers and condiscrappers to plunder the remains of this wreck instead of fixing it.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

• Function gyro reverted to the way it was before for finishing enemies and rezzing allies.
  • F5 toolbelt skills returned.
  • Well radius increased baseline.
  • Hammer auto attack damage increased by 5% for 1st attack, 10% for 2nd attack and 15% for 3rd attack.

(Some new hotkey would be better than special action)Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and overcharges it to daze enemies around yourself.Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and grants allies superspeed and quickness around yourself.Adept: Special action key puts function gyro on cooldown and breaks stuns on allies around yourself while granting stability.

Minor: Leap and blast finishers grant superspeed.

Master: Inflict slow whenever you immobilize.Master: Apply light aura whenever you apply superspeed.Master: Gain stablity when you evade an attack. Stability pulses might.

Minor: Grant barrier when you grant superspeed

Grandmaster: Inflict weakness and vulnerability whenever you inflict burn.Grandmaster: Remove cripple, chill and immobilize when you grant superspeed.Grandmaster: Gain stability and superspeed when you disable a foe. Deal 5% more dmg with stability/superspeed/barrier (15% max)

Rocket BootsRemove the ammo count.Rocket kick is now a leap finisher. Range increased from 300 to 450.

While interesting changes, I don't see these traits helping the Scrapper survive as a tanky player at all, which is what's supposed to be the theme of the Scrapper: a tanky role that wants to survive with personal barrier application, which could then in theory branch off into bruiser or fighter roles.

The idea is to give scrapper the "support" role of superspeed and barrier with small bits of other niches (stability/projectile destroy, etc.) That will give scrapper something that firebrand and chrono (RIP chrono) don't have.

So for example, players who built their scrapper for straight up healing for use with med kit; the #5 skill in med kit will essentially now grant swiftness, regeneration, vigor, superspeed and barrier if used as a combo finisher. You're probably also using bulwark gyro as support as well which gives stability and with the new adept trait you can also grant more stability by putting function gyro on cooldown. Pistol/shield may even be preferable as support for the blast from shield #4 to grant AOE superspeed/barrier (hammer is more selfish in comparison). I believe that these changes would actually make a support based scrapper even better than before since the only thing it offered in support before was some minor AOE heals with rapid regen and inventions. Now, you would have easy access to AOE superspeed, barrier and stability.

Elixir U and blast gyro also grant AOE superspeed without requiring a blast which = AOE barrier.

This works for offensive bruiser specs (which I personaly enjoyed) as there are many sources of superspeed (therefore, barrier) which apply to yourself. Other than leap finishers, which engineer has a few of (hammer #3, rifle #5) you also have speedy kits toolkit weapon swap for superspeed/barrier, slick shoes for superspeed/barrier (CC giving stability/superspeed/+dmg if traited with kinetic stabilizers) rocket boots for supersped/barrier and AOE supersped/barrier if used as a finisher, kinetic battery tools grandmaster for superspeed/barrier, etc.

Self barrier application would be similar to the old adaptive armor except that it would require active inputs (superspeed) rather than just passively being always on. You may be a bit less tanky than before with rapid regen and adaptive armor but considering how ridiculously tanky you could be previously, I think it's fine - and you gain more group support anyway.

As for condition scrappers, it's just a straight up buff since the other traits were garbage and filler traits used for nothing anyway (expert examination stun/daze was garbage, applied force was basically garbage, recovery matrix was garbage) I disagree with poison being the trigger just because of purge gyro poison field since burn is more readily available and opens up more options (traited battering ram inflicts burn for example) The hammer leap was originally fire based in design concept before HoT release if that means anything.