what matters is the meta synergy.

ae of the following

1. stab - cons
  2. boons - cons
  3. heal -healing
  4. stealth - blast
  5. damage - zerk/cele/sinister
  6. cleanse - utility/cleansing/light blasts

if your team has a balance of these, even if its not the fb rev scourge team, you are running what currently is the strongest setup

@"LetoII.3782" said:Zero mobility Dragonhunter is a great choice for WvW.

It has better mobility than fb and core, f2 is amazing for repositioning

weaver has lightning flash, burning retreat, and twist of fate

dh has f2 x2, f3 x2, merciful intervention, renewed focus, stab, projectile destruction, and aegis

if you have a hard time surviving on dh compared to weaver, it's on you man lol

@Sovereign.1093 said:what matters is the meta synergy.

ae of the following

1. stab - cons
  2. boons - cons
  3. heal -healing
  4. stealth - blast

if your team has a balance of these, even if its not the fb rev scourge team, you are running what currently is the strongest setup

so a class that has higher damage than a weaver while providing blocks, stab, might, cleansing, protection, and aegis seems like kind of a no brainer

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

TL;DW:Guards should stick to support, nothing to see here

Skip to 3:00 if you want to see how it does in actual fights

Love to havock around on DH as well

Whats the spec for this build? Rampager/beserk mix?

No reason you can't use it in a zerg too, it does everything a weaver does and more =D

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I am not a Guardian player, but not gonna lie, that looks really fun.

Can confirm, really fun!

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

No reason you can't use it in a zerg too, it does everything a weaver does and more =D

Most commandeurs kick you from squad the moment they see you dont want to reroll which is a real Shame.

In the end its indeed like Weaver: fieldplacement is everything

Skills like 'soaring devistation' (on top of what you shower) can lockdown 5 enemies rather easily.I love longbow skills as well, especially 3 and 5 if you master those 2 skills

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

Most commandeurs kick you from squad the moment they see you dont want to reroll which is a real Shame.

In the end its indeed like Weaver: fieldplacement is everything

Skills like 'soaring devistation' (on top of what you shower) can lockdown 5 enemies rather easily.I love longbow skills as well, especially 3 and 5 if you master those 2 skills

Their loss honestly lol

They'd love weaver to get a 20% damage buff, but not if it's a guardian

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:Zero mobility Dragonhunter is a great choice for WvW.

dh has f2 x2, f3 x2, merciful intervention, renewed focus, stab, projectile destruction, and aegis

You're not showing the times people don't let you freecast, we both know how it goes when people don't ignore you.But like I said, the more people on this kind of build the better for me!

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

I've tried this and its quite effective.Sometimes i really wish i had 1 more person with me on mount that just jumps around and mauls the downs (eg those downs near Lang in your clip).

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:what matters is the meta synergy.

ae of the following
  1. stab - cons
  2. boons - cons
  3. heal -healing
  4. stealth - blast

so a class that has higher damage than a weaver while providing blocks, stab, might, cleansing, protection, and aegis seems like kind of a no brainer

i meant different classes give those in total.

you get those from fb rev scourge spell chrono.

a group of classes not above or different combination thru builds granting the same effect is just as good if not better.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Zero mobility Dragonhunter is a great choice for WvW.

You're not showing the times people don't let you freecast, we both know how it goes when people don't ignore you.But like I said, the more people on this kind of build the better for me!

To me it was mostly fights that were already won. At least he made sure to show the class was far more effective than rangers in a tower. That's important because PPT matters. Also I had to lol at 3:00 at being considered an "actual fight." Dragonbrand VIP are nice people but their uhh...bomb is less then desirable (barely any strips for starters). Maybe XVX? Speaking from experience burn guard is great on pugs or anyone who sucks at cleanses. Reflecting gates has been OP for a while now.

D:

@LetoII.3782 said:

That's like watching a weaver video and saying 'but you're free casting the whole time'. Why yes, that is how you play the class?

Don't stay on tag, use the tag as a buffer to rotate around the enemy group. Doesn't even matter if you're in squad, this self buffs and tags like crazy. Usually I kite at 1200+ range until I see them regrouping from a push, then run in and unload on their stack. If it doesn't outright break them, it blows all their cds before they can push.

Go to 4:23 in the video for an example of this. Hit and run until you can unload

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

To me it was mostly fights that were already won. At least he made sure to show the class was far more effective than rangers in a tower. That's important because PPT matters. Also I had to lol at 3:00 at being considered an "actual fight." Dragonbrand VIP are nice people but their uhh...bomb is less then desirable (barely any strips for starters). Maybe XVX? Speaking from experience burn guard is great on pugs or anyone who sucks at cleanses. Reflecting gates has been OP for a while now.

D:

30 ViP plus pugs vs 26 pugs inside their smc seems like a pretty good fight. I got Xvx with it too on tuesday, just didn't record it because there were only like 15 of them

You can see scrappers trying to keep up with the output, they can't do it alone

@LetoII.3782 said:

same with zero mobility scourge?

Scourge brings a bit more than a single condi tick...But like I said, I've got sigil of cleansing and unblockable, y'all load up on the tbdh's lol

So you agree then that classes with low mobility can be useful in certain situations, as was shown in the video.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Scourge brings a bit more than a single condi tick...But like I said, I've got sigil of cleansing and unblockable, y'all load up on the tbdh's lol

So you agree then that classes with low mobility can be useful in certain situations, as was shown in the video.

How'd you get that from me saying scourge brings far more benefit to a group than this build?Minstrel thief is useful in "certain situations", doesn't mean I want one in my group over a better performing build.

@LetoII.3782 said:

How'd you get that from me saying scourge brings far more benefit to a group than this build?Minstrel thief is useful in "certain situations", doesn't mean I want one in my group over a better performing build.

1: You said (possibly sarcastically) "Zero mobility Dragonhunter is a great choice for WvW."2: I pointed out scourge has zero mobility. It is well known that scourge is a meta class in wvw.3: You said scourge brings more than condi damage, confirming that you realize that scourge is a very strong class in wvw.4: I pointed out that you agree that a "zero mobility" class can be useful. Scourge is a zero mobility class, and you just said that scourge brings benefit to a group. The posted video shows another "zero mobility" class being very effective in a particular situation. Squad class priority was never part of the discussion.