Who can hold nodes 1v2?

bbop.9706

So now my bunker scrapper is dead (who i enjoyed immensely), I'm not sure who can fill his boots now...

I'm thinking maybe mesmer or maybe back to SB...

Wat is the best bunker spec post patch?

Im not interested in Warrior either so please dont suggest it, unless its a weird tanky build.. i just cannot stand the meta warrior playstyle!

Really depends on the opposing builds: Weaver can do it for a while, but the only situations where I can push a +1 build away is versus S/D thief (excluding +1s when fighting other bunkers like weaver, fb, scrapper, druid etc.).

All the others force me to kite at some point.

I agree no build should be able to do it for a longer time though. Yes, some thief builds need buffs or changes.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I miss my bunker buster build from S1/S2....RIP...could destroy 2 bunkers on 1 node. Built it during the bunker meta.

mate absolutely. I love a bunker meta for that reason.. people had already sussed out scrapper and itvwas no longer OP unless in the hands of a skilled player (like all the meta classes).

Anyway guess the meta needs a shake up now and then but iI for one am sad ithe bunker meta is gone ..

Now we have to endure months of bang bang you're dead pewpew and same old same old

@bbop.9706 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I miss my bunker buster build from S1/S2....RIP...could destroy 2 bunkers on 1 node. Built it during the bunker meta.

mate absolutely. I love a bunker meta for that reason.. people had already sussed out scrapper and itvwas no longer OP unless in the hands of a skilled player (like all the meta classes).

Anyway guess the meta needs a shake up now and then but iI for one am sad ithe bunker meta is gone ..

Now we have to endure months of bang bang you're dead pewpew and same old same old

My Bunker Buster was a DPS scrapper build lol. Was perfect and never say anyone run anything similar at the time.

@"bbop.9706" said:So now my bunker scrapper is dead (who i enjoyed immensely), I'm not sure who can fill his boots now...

I'm thinking maybe mesmer or maybe back to SB...

Wat is the best bunker spec post patch?

Im not interested in Warrior either so please dont suggest it, unless its a weird tanky build.. i just cannot stand the meta warrior playstyle!

I don't know about "Holding" a node anymore 1v2 after Scrapper died, and Ranger sustain has been nerfed so many times across Druid & Soulbeast. But there sure are things that can kite around a node 1v2 and eventually win.

Due to Condi Mantra & Condi Thieves though, we'll probably see a tankier variant of Spellbreaker emerge, and that should be able to hold 1v2 for awhile.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

My Bunker Buster was a DPS scrapper build lol. Was perfect and never say anyone run anything similar at the time.

yeah what was driving at that you were forced to create it to counter a bunker ?

this depends on division and skill of players who understand the node class that holding the node... essentially there shouldn't be one that's designed to do it and there shouldn't be one if everyone knows the class and are good players

but

they should be able to punish a team with players who don't know the node dueler class and don't know how to 1up it quickly and they should be able to provide a more efficient role from that lack of knowledge on their end.

the problem is , people don't lose and learn the node dueler class, they just come here to complain about it because it's easier to put the blame on them instead of themselves and instead of taking some initiative and learning the classes in-depth in terms of their role in the meta.

not saying there are or aren't some side duelers that are busted or have been busted before, but generally this is the problem with node dueler classes in general from a balance perspective

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:prot holo is still around and equally braindead as scrapper before the patch.

Easy to say if you haven't played it.

Played it plenty. There's nothing hard about dropping a bunch of pulsing fields on point that makes it so enemies can't play and gives you boons while simultaneously spamming the usual holo shenanigans, and it's also neither weak to power nor condis by default. It has the special bonus of being able to cc and decap other bunkers off point too just like scrapper.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:prot holo is still around and equally braindead as scrapper before the patch.

Easy to say if you haven't played it.

Played it plenty. There's nothing hard about dropping a bunch of pulsing fields on point that makes it so enemies can't play and gives you boons while simultaneously spamming the usual holo shenanigans, and it's also neither weak to power nor condis by default. It has the special bonus of being able to cc and decap other bunkers off point too just like scrapper.

Sounds like you haven't played it against competent players then.

Renegade (Revenant).

I don't know the build the guy was running but I was playing a ranked game the other day (I'm Plat 1) and the guy was unkillable 1v2 even with coordinated bursts at the Plat 1 level.Granted we won that game because we just left him alone and killed his entire team - then rotated 3 people back to kill him.But still, it took us about 15 seconds to kill him 3v1.

I'm not sure if there's a build online for it but I would experiment with renegade if not.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:played some more of that bunker rev build I posted above, trying both invocation and retribution. its got some silly sustain, and you can sorta play around the low stun breaks with all of the crazy endurance regen you gots. makes mid fights impossible to win for the enemies lol so that's always fun.

could this be the build the guy above was talki g about? ??

@otto.5684 said:None and none ever should. Your best bet is FB if you do not want to play warrior with defense line instead of strength.

This absolutely.

I'll clarify though: No build should be able to indefinitely bunker a 1v2 in the case that you have two dps/burst/non-bunkers fighting against you. As to how long someone should be able to hold off a 1v2 is another question, but it should not be indefinite, that's for sure.