X-PAC Legendary Weapons

As new expansions come out, the player base partaking in earlier expansions and maps gets smaller over time. Masteries and collections for those maps are also tied to the legendary crafting. While legendaries should be difficult to obtain, they are basically being discouraged to future players who want a certain XPAC's legendary because the maps are not as populated.

For example, say 5 years down the road and GW2 is on their 3rd or 4th expansion and new players come into the game. HoT maps might struggle to get enough people for certain metas to obtain mastery points or completing the metas for exp for the grindy process of leveling up those masteries. Long story short, while I can most certainly not speak for everyone, I personally think being able to sell non-core game Legendaries would be beneficial to existing players who may not have the time to craft the weapons and future players who will have a much more difficult time crafting.

Like I said above, this is my personal opinion and as someone who really only PvPs and WvWs and doesn't really grind PvE I'm a little bias. What are everyone's thoughts?

No. The fact that 2nd generation legendary weapons are account bound gives them their value. The fact that credit card warriors cannot obtain them is what makes them the true legendary weapons of the game. Any person running around with Eternity can claim they crafted it, but thanks to the non-existence of titles or similar, no-one knows whether or not that is true. The person could be simply claiming they crafted it, when they simply straight up bought it through gems to gold.A 2nd generation legendary can only have so much paid for. The rest of it is through game play.The only way I would want to see Anet make the 2nd generation legendary weapons tradeable would be if there were specific titles given for crafting them, so that people who put in the time and effort can retain recognition for their effort.

Also, the 2nd generation legendary weapons are currently set up so that you can only make one per account, and making them tradeable would require a whole lot of change to how they are obtained and so on.

@Neural.1824 said:No. The fact that 2nd generation legendary weapons are account bound gives them their value. The fact that credit card warriors cannot obtain them is what makes them the true legendary weapons of the game. Any person running around with Eternity can claim they crafted it, but thanks to the non-existence of titles or similar, no-one knows whether or not that is true. The person could be simply claiming they crafted it, when they simply straight up bought it through gems to gold.A 2nd generation legendary can only have so much paid for. The rest of it is through game play.The only way I would want to see Anet make the 2nd generation legendary weapons tradeable would be if there were specific titles given for crafting them, so that people who put in the time and effort can retain recognition for their effort.

Also, the 2nd generation legendary weapons are currently set up so that you can only make one per account, and making them tradeable would require a whole lot of change to how they are obtained and so on.

I dont think you can only make one shining blade...or any of the ones theyve added recently that dont have collections to go along with them.

I don't understand why a legendary item should be harder to obtain.

First generati in was almost perfect, except things like obsidian shards, glyph of Explorer, mystic covers and dungeon tokens.

Is it that Strange that legendary materials can be traded between players?I mean, you Kill a dragon an take his scales, but a magic force won't allow you to trade your loot.

I can accept the fact that once equipped they becOme linked to that character, but not being able to trade everything is only a time sink.

First generation was fine cause you were not forced to do a collectIon and farm x different zones.

Archived