Do WvW players enjoy PvE?

TheBravery.9615

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WvW is basically "PvP" for PvE players (even more so in 2019), people even get excited about topping the DPS as they spam their AOE on the raid boss opposing blob/guild like true PvE heroes.

So yes, WvW players enjoy PvE, they spend most of their time playing it.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

The only Precursor I ever got, I got from a slayed Kodashie in SM ;)Cant help but notice you didnt deny having a legendary... So I assume you already have at least one. Maybe two or three but thats for
really
big WvW fans.

Then of course there is the true S tier WvWers - the plethora of thieves that made two legendary daggers before they where account bound, back in the day when thieves was just that cool. I mean like 95% of thieves today have the dagger, but I dont know if any of the original hardcore WvWers remain.

@"Baldrick.8967" said:What is this PVE you speak of?

Back in the old days, where every map in GW2 (aka WvW) had queues, ppl were sent to a waiting room, called PvE. Ppl were waiting for hours, and so some of them got lost into deeper PvE levels, which are called the "limbo". It is told, that some poor souls are still wandering there, maybe lost forever...

Limbo"Limbo exists as a space that is not played by any one individual, but is a shared space where any mind can make drastic alterations of any kind without limits or obstacles. Because of the apparent lack of limitations, limbo is a dimension that can allow a player to manifest their deepest desires, but also unwittingly trap themselves in a world where they lose their awareness that the world created is not reality.

Limbo can be entered by traveling deeper through the play levels."

taken from:https://inception.fandom.com/wiki/Limbo

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

The only Precursor I ever got, I got from a slayed Kodashie in SM ;)Cant help but notice you didnt deny having a legendary... So I assume you already have at least one. Maybe two or three but thats for
really
big WvW fans.

I sold the legendaries (the dropped and 2 others where I bought the precursor in the AH) . I don't like legies for aesthetic reasons, I hate these Legendary special effects and several times I asked in the forum for an option to hide them on other players ;) (the 1000gold profit (at that time, now only 500g) per crafted and sold leggy, was of course very welcome :) )

Btw.: Running around with Leggy doesn't require PvE, quite a lot are from TP ;)

• the plethora of thieves that made two legendary daggersReally? Thought they made/bought only 1 and used the skin on an ascended 2nd dagger.

EDIT:

you combined two weapons, stats from one and the skinAh, yes, now that you said it, I remember :)

@"Dayra.7405" said:Really? Thought they made/bought only 1 and used the skin on an ascended 2nd dagger.There was a time in GW2s ancient history when each legendary was unique and soulbound. You couldnt "use the skin", there was no skin system - you combined two weapons, stats from one and the skin of another, destroying one of them. Ascended didnt exist.

And yes, I knew a few that made two of the same legendary weapon just to be able to dual wield them.

PvE is so simple nowadays and WvWers love it.

While PvE and WvW are clearly distinctive game modes, and require you to learn different things, I love both.For WvW, learning rotations is helpful, but learning how to react to enemy movements and actions is more important IMO. Likewise, investing into gear and traits that will help you survive is actually very useful. It can make your game a lot more relaxed. I enjoy the feeling of a tight community; you benefit greatly from cooperating with other people, adjusting to each other and thus creating synergies. Communication is a very important key skill. Commitment is very helpful.

In PvE encounters follow (more or less) set patterns. Learn the patterns and you can deal with almost anyting. You can optimize on damage without worrying about survival. You can do a lot of stuff on your own; in fact some of the stuff you're forced to do on your own, while with a lot of other stuff, you can casually drop in and out without a long-term time consuming commitment.That said, certain aspects of PvE really benefit from adjusting to each other. E.g. since I switched to Spellbreaker as my main, fractals with my guildies have never been so easy.

PvE can certainly be enjoyable. As someone who is rank 4600+ in WvW, I also complete all maps, for instance. But PvE is repetitive -- and granted, WvW is to some extent, as well, but with the human factor, every encounter is a bit different and potentially challenging in a way PvE simply cannot be.

Really like some of GW2's PvE content, but in limited doses. What I hate is being forced to do the PvE content so that I can compete in WvW.

That isn't as much of a factor now, WvW doesn't need much PvE. But back when that video was made the PvE requirements for WvW sucked.

Only play this game for WvW. Just can't get into the PvE in this game in any shape or form. Wanted to attune my rings so that they can take 3 infusion slots, but after doing a single low level fractal I gave up. Wish I did like PvE however, I'd have a tonne more gold.

I used to like PVE, but now I really havent done any of it in the last 3 years or so.

I used to like it more, but nowadays I feel it's time consuming and involves too many endless conversations. Not to mention those loooong story elements that goes on for ever. I guess I just don't have the patience anymore.

No, but with qualifications. I used to love dungeons. Also enjoyed the open world PvE the game once offered before small but vocal segments of the community decided GW2 needed more "challenging" content and we were given HoT and PoF. Probably why I used to(still do when I have enough time) enjoy the whole roaming/small havoc thing til a while ago.