How do I edit my posts?

Justine.6351

There is a cog at the upper right of your post by the time. However, there is a time limit and if that time expires you can't edit your post. Once the time expires the cog is not available. As of now it seems to be set at 15 minutes for members. I think there is some weird rank system that will grant more time from what I have read but I'm not sure how it works.

@Justine.6351 said:I needed to edit a link in my post and I cannot find the edit button for it?

Currently, we only have a 15 minute window from when a post was made. If your rank reaches Veteran (we're all Recruits), you get a 4 hour window.

See: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/115985

Gaile did comment there. Hopefully, they'll give us infinite time to edit our posts.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey guy -- we're looking into the edit times and plan some changes in the very near future, probably today... probably this morning. ;) I do want to involve all team members in the discussion, but I have a very clear idea of where to go and I believe they will agree, as well. Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I have a pretty spiffy guide to the forums, called "How do I..." in the GW2 Discussion section. :)

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey guy -- we're looking into the edit times and plan some changes in the very near future, probably today... probably this morning. ;) I do want to involve all team members in the discussion, but I have a very clear idea of where to go and I believe they will agree, as well. Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I have a pretty spiffy guide to the forums, called "How do I..." in the GW2 Discussion section. :)

idk i looked in the 2 support subforums and then came here.

This is especially annoying in the Looking For Guild forum where membership changes very frequently. I made a post yesterday with a list of contacts, 2 of which need to be removed less than a day later. We should be able to edit or, if editing is so dramatic, delete our own threads in order to post updated information.

@Davin.5784 said:This is especially annoying in the Looking For Guild forum where membership changes very frequently. I made a post yesterday with a list of contacts, 2 of which need to be removed less than a day later. We should be able to edit or, if editing is so dramatic, delete our own threads in order to post updated information.

You need 5 posts and 3 days (72 hours) of forum participation to reach member level and you will be able to edit after the 4 hour window. It looks like you have 3 posts from your profile so depending on when your forum participation started you should be able edit it to soon with a few more posts and maybe some more time.

For reference:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/118549#Comment_118549

Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which actually have a 72-hour limitation on some elements related to account functionality.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey guy -- we're looking into the edit times and plan some changes in the very near future, probably today... probably this morning. ;) I do want to involve all team members in the discussion, but I have a very clear idea of where to go and I believe they will agree, as well. Thanks for the feedback.

I really want to re-host my Adventures guide on this forum, since the last forum's rules were changed to limit the character count well below the length of each post making them uneditable, but this edit timer is a brick wall to that. Without being able to constantly edit and update it the guide will not be able to be sustained and maintained as a live document.

Please consider some sort of option to allow editing, it would really be a shame to have to host something so specifically GW2 somewhere else because of this restriction.

Thanks,

@HiggsBoson.1976 said:

I really want to re-host my
on this forum, since the last forum's rules were changed to limit the character count well below the length of each post making them uneditable, but this edit timer is a brick wall to that. Without being able to constantly edit and update it the guide will not be able to be sustained and maintained as a live document.

Please consider some sort of option to allow editing, it would really be a shame to have to host something so specifically GW2 somewhere else because of this restriction.

Thanks,

You'll become a "member" rank in 72 hours or so (I.E. you'll have two stars) and that will give you infinite editing power. Just check the post above yours.

Edit: Just like this @HiggsBoson.1976 !

Archived