How to hit 15k DJs?

Joshewwah.2956

@"Joshewwah.2956" said:I can only manage to get around 7k with full zerkers and binding shadowIf you are in wvw most builds are very tanky with a lot of dmg reduction. In pvp should be easier.Also you have to build malice, which is not difficult with rifle 3 but leaves you vulnerable to attacks.Usually it is used kneel - rifle2 - rifle3 - stealth - DJ you should hit with at least 4 malice.Weavers, holos and soulbeasts are easier to "one shot" (in one or two attacks) because those builds are usually glass although in wvw are tankier.

If you're using DE 112, try using skirmisher's/spotter's shot after the mark while stealthed and then cast DJ before it hits. Means the DJ will hit with 3 malice minimum, with assassin's signet I've seen 15-20k on that depending on what I'm hitting and whether I'm bothering with night/bloodlust sigils etc. This is using almost all marauder gear (only rings are zerk), scholar runes, full ascended, SA xxx CS 321 DE 112. You can get more damage or survivability running zerk or valkyrie respectively, I just like the freedom to use all the CS grandmaster traits based on situation and it's less of a pain to swap stuff around this way. Other posters are correct tho, this is assuming a low armor opponent, if you're hitting a condi mes or similar spec you're not going to break 10k no matter what you do.

That's for a one shot build tho, if you take more QoL options like going adventurer runes over scholar, binding shadow over assassin signet, trickery over CS, M7 over bqobk, you'll get much better potential in longer fights and will still be able to hit close to 15k DJ on squishies with full malice but the instant spike on low malice isn't going to be close to the previous version. Depends whether you want that one shot potential or you want more sustain/boonsteal.

On average yu should always hit around 5k to 7k.

15k are like against paper builds with 25 stack Vuln.

Pick yur targets I'll say.

Go for Freshweavers, Hammer Revs and Rifle Holos, other Thieves or Scourges.

Don't go for deceptively tanky builds like Soulbeasts, certain Engineers (Hammer Scrapper, Pistol Shield Holo) Warriors, DHs and Mesmers.

Always go for a Reaper. They are free food.

I thought about some builds at least for fun in unranked SPvP that could get to 15k or higher DJ

here is the build if video is not your thing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4ansMBNOhlOBmPBUGjFiCjrCkBuA8Klvyts0oJAA-jpBXABAs/wxHBAGKDs8FAQ4DCwzPAAA

first 3 mins is build and golem demo, the remaining 7 is a game that i played it with.

preface: rifle is not my forte

https://youtu.be/L_MJlXcds8Q

I trolled a deadeye - who focussed me 24/7 - two weeks ago on full soldier reaper but with all possible damage modifiers traited (spite, soul reaping, reaper). I did not care about dodging, ate two "cute" 5k DJs, spammed a laugh emote then killed him comfortably with a shroud burst.

That same deadeye may have neutralised me in under 10 seconds when I would have been on marauder gear.

It's all about gear. Lot's of people will tell you that damage in this game is generally too high. Must be all full zerk players.

TL;DR: As a thief you have the choice (freedom) to pick your targets, so it's balanced that you can not kill every target.