What do you want after LS5? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What do you want after LS5?

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 22, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Everyone wants to know what comes after Season 5 of Living Story, but it’s so far into the future, I can’t imagine what you’d expect. So here I am, asking what you want right after Season 5.

What do you want after LS5? 170 votes

LS6
5% 10 votes
Expansion
69% 118 votes
Other
24% 42 votes
<1

Comments

• dodgerrule.8739dodgerrule.8739 Member ✭✭✭

The game needs reworks of old features as-well as Dungeons could be redone fractals could be split into two or more different hubs for more fractals.

Pvp mainly because there is no real measure of skill since all fights are 5v5 pvp needs to exist in multiple states whether it be in variations of 1v1 2v2 or more as well as guild wars needs to return.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

More down time . . .

Alliances . . .

And what ever happened to those skyscale rift cheeves . . ?

• Saerin.1032Saerin.1032 Member ✭✭

@Raknar.4735 said:
    Depends on the results of LS5. If we do in fact get "expansion-like" content, LS6 could be nice. If not i'd prefer an expansion.

what exactly do you understand under "expansion-like" content ? im curious about that, because i dont know what there is, that makes it feel like that, besides that they ad new elite-specs ^^

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Saerin.1032 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:
    Depends on the results of LS5. If we do in fact get "expansion-like" content, LS6 could be nice. If not i'd prefer an expansion.

what exactly do you understand under "expansion-like" content ? im curious about that, because i dont know what there is, that makes it feel like that, besides that they ad new elite-specs ^^

To be honest, I don't really know myself. New ESpecs, new maps, new mechanics the size of the mount-system we got with PoF, new systems/tech like the mastery-system. It could be a lot of things. Just something new that is not the same old package of: [New Map with a new Currency, ~3 Story Missions, New Legendary].
    Honestly, the only thing I can do is wait for Anet to release the content, play it and then judge it.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Random Wax Orc.7695Random Wax Orc.7695 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

Either underwater elites or mounted combat elites, depending on where the next xpac is headed.

However, so much of the current game needs rework, and so many great paths forward are not practical with the current game, GW3 may need to enter the planning stage soon. The best example is the recent player instanced content in open world maps (where the player was followed by a critter but everyone else saw an ambient), this new 'technology' could be expanded to make the zones more dynamic & evolving and less 'stuck in time'. Honestly, the current system is a bit too twilight zone. My Asura suspect that their infinity balls were improperly destroyed and all of Tyria is partially stuck in the Mists.
    How amazing would

a post-Zhaitan Orr or a post-Mordremoth Maguuma or a post-Balthazar Crystal Desert or a post-Kralk Ascalon

be... and to watch them change as you progressed through the story. Everyone would be replaying content.

• Bolero Bloodreign.9025Bolero Bloodreign.9025 Member ✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

I like to play three new classes, one heavy armor, one medium armor and one light armor. I don't mine if they bring in the Paragon, Dervish and Monk from GW1 to fill those roles. Just getting a little tire of making new toons of the same ole classes.

@Anet
    Why not add a new class per each episode or every two episodes on LWS6 till we get three new classes and not only give us new mounts and armors every episode to unlock? A third option would be nice. :)

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Expansion, 3 seasons of living world between expansions would be a bit to excessive for me.

Even from the begining I've always seen the living world as a tool for building up to expansion content.
    Scarlet ended up leading to Mordremoth which lead to Heart of Thorns.
    Season 3 led to Bathazar and Path of Fire which lead to Kralkatorrik and Season 4.

It's possible we'll see a season 6 before the next expansion but I hope we can stick to 2 living world releases between expansions, considering how long it takes to get the living world out at times I feel like waiting on 3 seasons of living world to release would be too much, specially since a lot of fans have for years wanted a large traditional expansion like experience in Gw2 and since it'll be over 2 years since PoF after Living world 5 has ended, some of as are already itching for the next expansion.

That said, realistically.. if there is no expansion in development right now then it'll be a while yet before one drops, specially if Anet do plan on delivering that big content drop fans have wanted for years.
    That would suggest a season 6 is far more likely than an expansion after season 5.. however Anet are not exactly the most open company when it comes to discussing upcoming content, specially story content so it's possible there is an expansion in development and they are keeping it a secret for many reasons.
    On that we just have to wait and see and learn about things as they happen.
    I'm hoping they do have a secret expansion in the works, if not then hopefully soon.. if there won't be anymore expansions for Gw2 then I will be really disappointed.
    Living world is great and all but i'll take a big paid expansion over having to wait months and months for the next chapter,
    It's kinda like the difference between buying a whole series on DvD or being forced to watch it episodic as the episodes release.. I'd rather binge the boxset :)

• graphics remaster + Optimization remaster

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

Just want an asuran expac, exploring the unknown, they started that kind of thing with rata novus but just as a scratch, it could have been way far more. Was just rushed, unfinished, left in suspend with a closed door... just take a look on the HOT rata novus step loading screen then observe rata novus: I want to cry

The loading screens are so well made that once you discover the area you're disapointed.

No more ls or dragons I'm so fed up. Episodes feel disconected also the bad feel of spitting on the lore.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

The game should focus on stuff that can be enjoyed repeatedly over a long time - so it can reach a final state where people still would play it a lot but it would not need content updates anymore but only bugfixes.

I'm not sure if more expansions are the right thing. Since I guess after expansion 3 1-2 years later people might want an expansion 4 (= not satisfied with expansion 3).

PvP and WvW seems long term interesting (because of the player interactin and playing with/against other players). I don't know about PvE content though. (I mean addind new raids n stuff ... and new elite specs ... and people still will get bored wanting new stuff leading to even more expansions maging it harde to balance and "cluttering" the game.)

Engine and stuff should be the same. (I don't want to upgrade the computer. If then only gameplay-wise and optimization - no graphics. Grahicps are fine and beautiful.)

Underground or sea stuff would be fun. Or in the air. I mean afaik underwater combat isn't really used - even with the 2 expansions. (I still play core only but I still often read that there isn't lots of underwater stuff besides the daily krait killing for a key + sunken chests.)

For PvE. Since I like exploring and JPs: Maybe some minigames set in the "real" (= not as "activity") world involved with medium level (not too hard) jumping and own mechanis - that could be fun. (Like obsidian sanctum but without PvP but other mechanis and in a PvE map where people need to work together. As different stuff besides zerging down the kitten out of events and bosses to farm chests.)

• miraude.2107miraude.2107 Member ✭✭✭

Collections added so that people who don't want to spend money can get some new skins in game to make getting the previous expacs more enticing for people. I mean, doing the raids nets you a chair, you should be able to get a new glider/mount skin in game too. And to the nitpick, I do have disposable income but it would be nice to you know, get a collection quest from Gorrik or someone saying they found a mutation in blank and want you to investigate and find out bloodstones, djinn or something else caused it and completing it got a skin. Or getting a letter in the mail from an NPC of one of the factions saying visit me and them discovering some new info and asking you to investigate that collections leads you to getting a Priory/Vigil/Whispers glider.

A true centralized hub of operations for your character. I am still frustrated over Sun's Refuge (why do all that work to make it pretty only to know it's gonna be abandoned, WoW garrison all over again) and it'd be nice just to have that centralized hub to go back to for everything. Redesign the home instances, make a commander instance, just SOMETHING that will stay relevant from here on in.

Something, anything to do with the factions of Vigil/Priory/Whispers. I relinquished being the commander of the Pact but I don't remember saying adios to the Priory and I should still be getting asked to investigate and do things from them. And I'm sure my mentor will understand but be quite disappointed that I never make mention of them nor do I have anything to do with the faction anymore.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

What is very sad is that our personnal story choices doesn't matter. Who cares that I'm from synergetics and from order of whispers? Played with the infinity ball or choosing to study grawls? You will never hear an npc or our destiny edge friends saying "we need the synergetics expert here!", "commander, haven't you studied grawls?", "you saw yourself as a leader of steam creatures?"

I've chosen awakened for amnoon and killed joko, kinda contradictory apart if you want to be the new leader of awakened...

What I could enjoy is an hq for the commander and its friends that you can customize. Firstly choosing from 5 designs each corresponding to a race.
    Secondly have item related to your story and expansions: having awakened banner if awakened for amnoon....
    DJ golem and a bookshelf for all lore books.

Finally something to do in every map, fun to do, occupying yourself for additionnal infos:
    Researchs about all creature of the game as little books even a simple page with text. Collecting intels by speaking to order members and random npcs about past events or their cultures...
    Some kind of investigations to become a kind of detective whatever with strange stories of disappearance, murders, mysteries..... Mini instances scaterred around tyria with rounds scaling up harder and harder doable alone or 5 persons group rewarding tokens. More world bosses with a fixed spawn time and not instance based, that way they can even be added to wiki event timer.

More non gemstore rewards, more titles as example, it's free will not kill anybody. Also why not chairs for doing new collections, I don't see why those are locked behind raids, if released in PvE, should be for everybody. As someone said above why not orders gliders? I loved the fanmade weapons collections. Also would do anything to be able to join an evil faction (Just earning their insigna and having access to some of their secret areas can be great as side stories, I'm not asking to develop that very much but at least beeing able to join them)

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want a 'Refurbishing team' reworking core content to bring it up to current content standards, and bringing back temporary content like Living World season 1 and its side-stories.

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anything related to charr, really.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing, I expect nothing to not get disappointed

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

LWS6 or Expansion — I don’t care which so long as it’s done well. :)

But no GW3

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

Expansion ofc, those are the biggest content drops. And can often come with new specs classes or races.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

I really trust the creativity of the gw2 team

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• GoldenPants.1870GoldenPants.1870 Member ✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:
    Everyone wants to know what comes after Season 5 of Living Story, but it’s so far into the future, I can’t imagine what you’d expect. So here I am, asking what you want right after Season 5.

New class ! I want a new class.

• Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

Doesn't matter, they're both ultimately the same thing.

• I would love more order related stuff like order specific storylines or quests. I feel like after the personal story that kind of faded into the craziness of the pact. Being a member of the Priory is something I really like and would like for it to be more involved. Other then that, If you could bring Sieran back, I would be happy forever. But that’s seems pretty unlikely haha.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

2 years should be enough for another expansion

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since underwater combat isn't that much used in this game (not too relevant in events and other stuff and story) I'd say we could need some craftable ships (as mount but with crafting). Then some water centered maps (accessible with ships n stuff) with also underwater stuff. Would be fun.

• neoteo.3975neoteo.3975 Member ✭✭

I'm OK with living story but would be nice if the coop aspect would be improved a bit. As example everyone in the party be able to make progress, talk to npcs, press F here and there. Make the story Real coop and reward grouping.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

LS1 needs to be reimplemented after LS5.
    They should do it in the form of raids imo, with a proper story mode (1 to 5 players) of course and some skin incentive to fully complete the story and then transition to raid normal mode.

• I'd love to see a new expansion. A little bit more of everything. Some new dungeons and fractals, new maps to explore, bunch of new masteries to learn and so on. The current release schedule (one new map every 3month) is well... not what I hoped for.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Hopefully a return to Cantha in an expansion <3

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Expansion=Cantha.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭✭

@flog.3485 said:
    They should do it in the form of raids imo, with a proper story mode (1 to 5 players) of course and some skin incentive to fully complete the story and then transition to raid normal mode.

I loved lws1 because IT CHANGED the current world and made IT slightly harder.

The problem i 'currently see is running around in An elite spec with zerg armor and keep killing mobs with certain professions. Challanging content would be nice...if you could...

Lets make An example; if palawa joko in last lws went to orr to 'convince' all of zhaitan's masterless Minions to joint his cause and therefor they wouldnt need a master and would fight smarter and were. Little tougher. This wouldnt need a whole new map but would generate a whole new experience. Especially if it would be a 'selectable' instance. (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, THERE'S A MILLION ROADS TO WALK IN STORY)

You can even make sure IT doesn't have the same waypoints, vistas etc.

IT would require different recources, its 'currently metatrains or AC trains that bore after a small amount of time

All lws3 maps died, which didn't give a good farm on nodes or events

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@flog.3485 said:

I loved lws1 because IT CHANGED the current world and made IT slightly harder.

The problem i 'currently see is running around in An elite spec with zerg armor and keep killing mobs with certain professions. Challanging content would be nice...if you could...

Lets make An example; if palawa joko in last lws went to orr to 'convince' all of zhaitan's masterless Minions to joint his cause and therefor they wouldnt need a master and would fight smarter and were. Little tougher. This wouldnt need a whole new map but would generate a whole new experience. Especially if it would be a 'selectable' instance. (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, THERE'S A MILLION ROADS TO WALK IN STORY)

You can even make sure IT doesn't have the same waypoints, vistas etc.

IT would require different recources, its 'currently metatrains or AC trains that bore after a small amount of time

All lws3 maps died, which didn't give a good farm on nodes or events

Why are you talking about open wold when I am mentioning raids ?
    My idea was to have LS1 played in instances: open world raid portal for stoy mode and and the usual aerodome portals for the 10 men raid instances.

• huluobo.7036huluobo.7036 Member ✭✭✭

dx12 .
    Parkour.
    Aerial mounts can use ranged weapons.
    Let all professions have longbow weapons and can fight in the air.

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

LW4 seemed like the conclusion to all the loose ends of kralk's influence in PoF. It feels right that the next KW be an intro into the next expansion.

• Jozeiax.8465Jozeiax.8465 Member ✭✭
    edited August 6, 2019

I love tyria... i pray for its survival 😀
    There is so much potential... i hope they continue to break the mould and warp the game engine to their desires . Also i wish the next expansion reintroduces dungeons :):)
    I wish there were new maps... janthir and magumma wastes regions.... far east ascalon.... northern forests, dzalana, latenda bog? I feel this mmo to be like a spiritual successor to all of the modern rpg game genre :) i hope anet stay cool and friendly and the players dont argue and be decent to each other :) most of all i wish there was more to do in tyria... i wish it was 4 times its current gameworld size one day :) at least

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can I get my profession back?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Smeerlap.2698Smeerlap.2698 Member ✭✭
    edited August 7, 2019

GW3, where you can TRADE your current account (if you have been playing for over a year) or first 3-5 characters for some sort of starter pack.. calculated by arenanet in day or so.
    Bring it and take my 1000 Euro per year.. DO IT !! :p

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    I want a 'Refurbishing team' reworking core content to bring it up to current content standards, and bringing back temporary content like Living World season 1 and its side-stories.

I like that idea honestly, so long as it doesnt effect new content, which..a separate team shouldnt?

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭

tl&dr; Both. An expansion that works like a Living World season.

They are currently introducing more and more filler-events to keep us busy and entertained during the content-gaps. I think they will introduce a couple more, so they can alternate them better and do not feel too repetitive for us. During LS5, they will probably make another Feature Update with plenty of QOL changes and a couple of reworks in terms of UI and probably even customization.

After LS5, when the infrastructure is fully functional, I would like to have an Expansion that works like the Living World. With every episode a new map is released, with story, achievements and other worthwhile content. But instead of using a new currency on every map, we get one currency system for all of those maps. The maps are all connected in between.

Payment:
    I would like to have more options than with a normal Expansion or Living World Season.

Option #1 pre-order, which means we purchase the entire Expansion at the release of the first Episode and get all others for free. People who chose this path support the development of the game with a lot of money in an early state, which obviously results in a few nice gimmicks (e.g. collectors edition, free gems, special outfit, special title, ... the usual stuff).

Option #2 requires a small fee upon every release of a new Episode. This is the second cheapest option you can pick, but it requires you to be present the entire time (at all releases). You are an active and dedicated player.

Option #3 allows to start as a late-comer. Let us say you return from an extended break during Episode 3. So you purchase Episode 3, which will always include the previous episodes - to prevent the lock-off situation we currently have with people who do not own all episodes of a season. The price for the E3 unlock is slightly higher than what someone payed for the Unlock of E1, E2 and E3 when they have been released. Still cheaper than pre-order.

Option #4 works if you want to get the Expansion after all Episodes were released. You pay one price and instantly unlock all Episodes at the same time. The price for this package is slightly higher than the worst-case with Option #3, but still cheaper than pre-order.

Note: If you purchased any of the Episodes but have an extended break and return a few years later? Everyone who unlocked the first Episode (no matter how) gets the Expansion fully unlocked after one year after the release of the final Episode. So if you want to be cheap, you can unlock the first Episode and do an extended break. This sounds like a really bad idea, but it is actually bait ^^. People always want to be smart, so there will be A LOT of players purchasing the first Episode. Some maybe plan to sit the next releases out, but if it is done well, many will stay anyway.

New Elite Specializations with the release of Episode 1, so whenever you join the Expansion, you will always have access to the new specializations. To compensate this, Episode 1 would be more expensive.

That way we can get our Expansion without asking anything impossible from the developers. They decide how long they want to wait between the Episodes, how many fillers they want to add in. We get our content and can decide on our own how we would like to support the game. Balance patches and Feature Updates can be embedded between Episodes or filler-events.

I do not mind waiting some time between the releases of new maps/Episodes. I like the concept of the Living World.

In addition, credo quod ArcDPS interdictum debere.
  • Canthan expansion, then a LS that wrap up the story...
    Then a LS1 revamp with a branching choice at the end that might open the gate to an alternate storyline.

• witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't even want S5.. expansion or don't bother. And not PoF quality singleplayer RPG content with 0 replayability, but at the very least like HoT. Preferably more emphasis on group content, difficulty, and replayability. If they added dungeons, even better.

• Paradoxoglanis.1904Paradoxoglanis.1904 Member ✭✭✭✭

wvw/pvp focused expansion. New maps, new kinds of objectives and pvp gamemodes, and real class balance.

• An expansion will be very good. With maybe very high level map or with new maps never seen before !

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

I like that idea honestly, so long as it doesnt effect new content, which..a separate team shouldnt?

There's always some overlap. The 'side stories' team that has been updating festivals most definitely has help from other teams, if only when they are done with their own things.

• arielwind.8921arielwind.8921 Member ✭✭✭

ArenaNet has done good art work with Branded Crystal, especially Glint's Lair. I expect they'll do it again with beautiful blue ice of Jormag.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

There's always some overlap. The 'side stories' team that has been updating festivals most definitely has help from other teams, if only when they are done with their own things.

Probably true, i wonder whats going to happen though if they arent planning on adding any new festivals, i think theyve got them alright?

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• I want Revenant to get daggers and shank fools through rifts, and for Rev to get rift portals.