3v3 VIP Tournament by hoLy and Bhda!

hoLy.4906

Welcome to the 3v3 VIP Tournament!

Discord : https://discord.gg/jHU3tu3

This will be a 3v3 in the PvP map Courtyard, best of 5 (Check #3v3-tournament to see the map on a short trailer)

Seeing as this is a new game mode for Gw2, i will give you the run down of the idea of it.

Each team will have a VIP, keep your VIP alive and kill the enemy VIP, the first to kill the VIP in the opposite team wins the match, you can also kill the whole team to win!

Support builds WILL be allowed but there will be certain handicaps!

There will only be one support build which is banned, Firebrand Support. Core Guardian Support is allowed.

No class stacking, Example: No double/triple Necromancer.

Trait switching will be allowed but not class switching.

No amulet stacking, Example: No double/triple Menders.

The VIP rules:VIP cannot be your support class if you choose to have one.VIP cannot use Menders or Knight.VIP cannot be a high stealth class/build.VIP cannot be Staff Thief.

BANNED SKILLS-Rampage-Elixir X-Signet of Humility

BANNED TRAITS-Chaotic Interruption from the Mesmer trait line Chaos.

Tournament starts August the 3rd at 19:00 CEST! and the last registration date is August 2nd 22:00 CEST on EU Servers.

To sign up please use the channel #registration it will be 10g per player to register.

@methodoSAN.6053 said:i don't see any rewards,

So we pay 10g so we can play ?

Hey, so far the pay in money of all teams will be part of the price pool. We are already in touch with a sponsor. For the last tournament that i organized first place got 1,750g, second place got 850g and third place got 340g.

Concept is ok, but rules are a little too vague.“No high stealth class or build” this needs to be defined. Is thief just banned in general? Are trapper tunes for DH banned? What’s considered too high of stealth? I would also say Demolisher is a worse offender than knights. What about paladin ? How will you define a “support build”?

I’m not gonna list everything, but this just screams “everybody will be approved by admins of the tourney when it starts based upon their builds.”

Again, good concept. But extremely vague.

@Marmatt.8590 said:Concept is ok, but rules are a little too vague.“No high stealth class or build” this needs to be defined. Is thief just banned in general? Are trapper tunes for DH banned? What’s considered too high of stealth? I would also say Demolisher is a worse offender than knights. What about paladin ? How will you define a “support build”?

I’m not gonna list everything, but this just screams “everybody will be approved by admins of the tourney when it starts based upon their builds.”

Again, good concept. But extremely vague.

Hey Marmatt,the idea behind any stealth class is more than 6 seconds of stealth. This is the amount of stealth a Holo gets from his toolkit and thats the maximum amount we wanna see. So mainly, this is focussed on Stealth Gyro and Perma stealth DE.Demolisher is a nice amulet yes, but it is not 100% evolving around being tanky. Knights only is there to make u tanky, but dont give u any dps oriented stats, thats why we dont want these kind of amulets:Support builds are pretty easy to see, basically, with FB banned only 3, maybe 4 remain which are, support ele, scrapper, core guardian and maybe revenant