Tier 5 Boss Rush Reward?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ravij.9856 said:Did anyone get the Tier 5 Boss Rush Reward yet? I thought we were supposed to get it as soon as we hit Tier 5 but I've not received it yet.

(1) Rewards are awarded after
completing
a tier; T5 hasn't been completed.(2) The mechanic triggers only in relevant maps, e.g. cities and other core locations.

I knew everything else about the event just didn't know we had to fully complete Tier 5 to get Tier 5 rewards. I hope we make it in time.

@Ravij.9856 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Why would they even bother having tiers if you don't need to complete them to get the rewards? O_o

No they way I thought it worked is that when we hit the tier # we get the reward for that tier.

So "here's your reward, we sure hope you manage to do it!"right.... hey let's get them to do this in Dragon's Stand too.

@Ravij.9856 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Why would they even bother having tiers if you don't need to complete them to get the rewards? O_o

No they way I thought it worked is that when we hit the tier # we get the reward for that tier.

That is how it worked congrats you finished tier 4 eg the bar is full here is the reward now start working on finishing tier 5.After the bar is full you get your tier 5 reward since you have then completed it.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Why would they even bother having tiers if you don't need to complete them to get the rewards? O_o

So "here's your reward, we sure hope you manage to do it!"right.... hey let's get them to do this in Dragon's Stand too.

if that worked it would then player retention would be a piece of cake XD

Although I understand the process and T5 had already finished and I already received the reward, something odd happened during T4 in which I — and everyone in the same instance I was (Wurm boss' area, if I recall) — received the reward while the progress bar hadn't been filled yet. I checked the update timer and there were a few minutes left so I waited, but after its cycle had finished and players' participation had been computed the bar still wasn't full yet which could indicate something is wrong.

@magnusthorek.8027 said:Although I understand the process and T5 had already finished and I already received the reward, something odd happened during T4 in which I — and everyone in the same instance I was (Wurm boss' area, if I recall) — received the reward while the progress bar hadn't been filled yet. I checked the update timer and there were a few minutes left so I waited, but after its cycle had finished and players' participation had been computed the bar still wasn't full yet which could indicate something is wrong.

Relogging works... ;)

I logged out and then logged in again and the T5 reward was there! :)

@PhObLife.8370 said:

@"magnusthorek.8027" said:Although I understand the process and T5 had already finished and I already received the reward, something odd happened during T4 in which I — and everyone in the same instance I was (Wurm boss' area, if I recall) — received the reward while the progress bar hadn't been filled yet. I checked the update timer and there were a few minutes left so I waited, but after its cycle had finished and players' participation had been computed the bar still wasn't full yet which could indicate something is wrong.

Relogging works... ;)

I logged out and then logged in again and the T5 reward was there! :)

I do understand that the "problem', if any, wasn't with the reward, right? I explicitly mentioned I did receive the reward. The "non-official" report is that, perhaps, something blocked the visual update of the progress. If is just something visual, then yes, logging off and back on or even changing maps should do it.

@Ravij.9856 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Why would they even bother having tiers if you don't need to complete them to get the rewards? O_o

And you think that rewarding people for a task or an achievement before they even start working on it is actually a thing? If you get it before you even start, it's not a reward, it's a giveaway.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Calvsie.3675 said:If I still have not received tier 5 participation is there anything I can do at this point?

You sure you killed a boss while tier 5 track was active?

No need to participate in a Tier 5 WB event; one needs only to have participated in an event in one of the 5 Tiers.

Correct I got it now when I decided to go from lions arch aerodome into regular lions archEditCalvsie.3675 have you tried going to Lions arch or any of the other core maps?

Worked as intended. But as mentioned: It triggers only in relevant maps. And it seems this was the case for the rewards as well. When yesterday I noticed different progress bars (in LA a bit far away in some boss map very close to finish) I was doing other stuff on my other chars on other maps. After porting back to LA I got the chest.

I guess one boss during stage 5 was enough (while having gotten credit for 1-4 as well cause it is a counter for chest 5) - but then again they might have set the bar higher for it without us knowing. (You know ArenaNet likes to stay silent.)

Also it might have been required to get the chest before the event got disabled (after getting tier 5 before they removed the event from the game). I don't know about that.

Mmh I've a serious question. I have killed 10+ world bosses during tier 1, since I haven't logged back in, currently in holiday without pc, can't login. So when I will come back the 3rd august, will I receive the 4 other tiers reward or not? :/ (Don't really care of them but want to know ^^)

@hugo.4705 said:Mmh I've a serious question. I have killed 10+ world bosses during tier 1, since I haven't logged back in, currently in holiday without pc, can't login. So when I will come back the 3rd august, will I receive the 4 other tiers reward or not? :/ (Don't really care of them but want to know ^^)

They should have auto assigned to you regardless and so when you return, a series of bouncy chests should be awaiting you.