Mortar kit combos

serialkicker.5274

Pretty new to engineer. How does projectile finisher (specially #1) work with fields? I can't get it to work. I get "regeneration", "chill", "remove condition" on screen, but it doesn't actually do any of that, there is not effect. Tried on me, tried on ally. Whirl finishers works normally, leap works normally, but projectile just doesn't work for me, ever. Tried projectile finishers from other sources as well, same thing.

Projectile and whirls are tricky combo effects.Negative effects intuitively trigger at hit enemies on all targets. So, mortar-2(poison)+mortar-1 can give 5 enemies 5s of poison (without expertise etc).However, positive effects also trigger at enemies. Mortar-4 (light) + mortar-1 will cleanse one condition of one ally standing next to an enemy hit by the projectile. If you hit 5 enemies, you might cleanse 5 conditions from 1 ally or 1 conditon from 5 allies each. Radius 240 around the enemy. Piercing projectile trigger combo effects for each enemy hit.That's also part of why I love holo-sword-2 at >100% heat so much. 5 cleave projectiles at once.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:Projectile and whirls are tricky combo effects.Negative effects intuitively trigger at hit enemies on all targets. So, mortar-2(poison)+mortar-1 can give 5 enemies 5s of poison (without expertise etc).However, positive effects also trigger at enemies. Mortar-4 (light) + mortar-1 will cleanse one condition of one ally standing next to an enemy hit by the projectile. If you hit 5 enemies, you might cleanse 5 conditions from 1 ally or 1 conditon from 5 allies each. Radius 240 around the enemy. Piercing projectile trigger combo effects for each enemy hit.That's also part of why I love holo-sword-2 at >100% heat so much. 5 cleave projectiles at once.

Oh, I see. Didn't think of the fact that mob would have to be present, since bunch of other combos work without (might stacking, swiftness, stealth etc). I have never bothered to look into projectile finishers, but now since engineer has quite many of them and also I'd like to make full use of elite, I started to wonder. Thanks for info.

Just to add onto this, mortar kit’s #1 skill is absolutely awkward when it comes to its combo finisher. It works exactly like all other projectile finishers, meaning that the actual mortar shot needs to hit the enemy to proc the combo finisher effect, not the AoE explosion.