Need rework EotM with underwater

arielwind.8921

We've been fighting in same map 7 years, need new tactics in WvW, but EotM is almost devastated. Thus I saw some people posted 'PvP in PvE map' topic, so more PvE tended EotM could be fine. Here's some idea.

1. Half bottom of the map in underwater. some people hate knockbacked(fall) into midair, so make the underwater. Sea battle also interesting. Still need some idea that not allow to shortcut keep to keep via water.

2. Random raid boss or legendary boss in central area instead of Aetherblade. All players can get good reward even if he/she defeated. Cooperate with oponent or simply fight each other. Possibly, a few people can work as boss 'minion(technically )' with specific buff.

3. Set a buff with swiftness that can't be attacked from player for 5 to 10 minutes at shrine or somewhere to save new player and those who don't want to fight willingly. If someone claim the keep/tower, all players' buff in area (about 5000 range) removed after for seconds. Simply mount might help this issue.

4. GvG arena in Statuary. 10 to 20 people sigin in with NPC, waiting guild/group will be in queue. Arena and NPC area can't be interacted from outside, and in the end of the fight, all participant rivive automatically without broken gear. Inferno's Needle should stay remaind as free open field for those who waiting or for bigger blob.

5. Valuable node. Quarts crystal and Living Story map nodes or something good to farm that attaract PvE players to join in EotM.

Sorry for my weird language since English is not my primal one, but I believe someone and ArenaNet has better idea.

Can you play a same video game with almost same tactics more than 7 YEARS?
We've lost lots of WvW players already. Lower queue, don't have enough population to make matchup by single server. Some guilds actually barely run old maps anymore. I got bored EBG, Alpine BL long time ago as well.We need brand new tactics to get more excited anyways.

At least we had a fun there, for a moment.

@Sovereign.1093 said:eotm nids to be revived. and make it a battle royale royal rumble map

1. pips
  2. pips
  3. pips

I would say:

1. pips
  2. pips
  3. decouple color-binding with WvW (you enter on weakest color)

The 3. point means: a single server can play against itself in EotM, e.g. when it want to strike in WvW (play less WvW = lower pop = more likely linked), or is bored in WvW (as the enemy is in strike)

@"arielwind.8921" said:Can you play a same video game with almost same tactics more than 7 YEARS?

We've lost lots of WvW players already. Lower queue, don't have enough population to make matchup by single server. Some guilds actually barely run old maps anymore. I got bored EBG, Alpine BL long time ago as well.We need brand new tactics to get more excited anyways.

I've not played this consistently for 7 years, but I am bored of the current maps and even the fort/tower designs. I'd love to see something fresh and new. Cant even imagine how bored you guys must be playing it consistently for 7 years. I never played EotM map, but the video looked like it was great fun!

Overall I feel big WvW changes are coming our way, no idea for sure though! Would be nice though.

@"arielwind.8921" said:Can you play a same video game with almost same tactics more than 7 YEARS?

wait people still do EoTM? How I join you all?

@Karnasis.6892 said:I'm so confused, why does anyone even care about EotM......Even before the pip system for WvW I never understood the love of EoTMBecause its a fun and interesting map to play on (more so than deset bl) with unique and non intrusive mechanics, but from a competitive stance has very little influence and very few rewards.This is a valid thread.

Heck, they could drop a castle onto the upper middle portion of the map and call it a second EBG.

@Zephyra.4709 said:Eotm is a waiting room for when WvW has queues.

When is the last time any server (server pairing, for that matter) has had all four of their maps queued?

~ Kovu

Because its a fun and interesting map to play on (more so than deset bl) with unique and non intrusive mechanics, but from a competitive stance has very little influence and very few rewards.This is a valid thread.

I've been there, it's not that interesting. Also it was never supposed to be a replacement to the WvW, it was designed to be a glorified waiting room for wvw when there were huge queues.

When is the last time any server (server pairing, for that matter) has had all four of their maps queued?

Not for a long time... honestly they could remove the maps and what.... 20 people or more might actually care? Eotm is just a waste of data/space at this point.

@"Karnasis.6892" said:I've been there, it's not that interesting.

That's your opinion, I find the map infinitely more interesting than EBG. While I agree with the rest of your post -- that's all the more reason to discuss the means of making EotM relevant again. The fact that its a "glorified waiting room" that's clearly no longer needed due to lack of queues completely obsoletes its purpose. Why not recycle it into something interesting?

~ Kovu